As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fan Service Gone Wrrong

Earl MadnessEarl Madness Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Artist's Corner
This is gonna be bad and end with me getting banned but if it shuts my friends up then fine:

I made two wallpapers from the game wallpapers Gabe created for becuse the ones he made (although awesome detail like always) streched too much when I used it as a wallpaper...so I made two instead from them!...heh.

Experimemnt2.jpg

MuggySecondcopy.jpg

There yours I hold no damn ownership to them, if PA wants it off man, Its off sorry.

Look man, we're just gonna burn alot of time talking about alot of shit.
Earl Madness on

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    They're really busy, poorly composed, and they butcher Mike's and Imaginary Friend's artwork.

I'm glad you're a fan, but honestly, what were you thinking?

Brolo on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So. You drew these?

No?

Then why are you making a fucking thread.

Virum on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Virum wrote: »
    So. You drew these?

No?

Then why are you making a fucking thread.

Concur.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Earl MadnessEarl Madness Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ...so if its not drawn its not art?

Earl Madness on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Nice extrapolation.

MKR on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

My three year old that's not born yet can shit on other people's art just as well as you.

Rearranging an image is not creating art.

Virum on
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You're like Chris Benoit and this idea is like his wife.

NO WAIT TOO SOON.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Where do my icons go? Also, why is this only in wide screen format?

MagicToaster on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Where do my icons go? Also, why is this only in wide screen format?

I like your comments, because whenever there's something that is actually meant to function in some way you always bring that up. Sometimes people forget to consider how their piece will actually work the way it's supposed to and just get caught up with what looks coolest. Even though I don't typically make pictures that serve a function other than 'fun for me to draw', comments like these remind me to be more careful about what I'm doing and consider more aspects of the piece.

:^:

OP: Since you seem to have anticipated this sort of response, at least now you can tell your friends, "I told you so"? That's something.... positive?

lyrium on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This is not the kind of fan service I was anticipating.

Fugitive on
    edited June 2007
    Ta be fair, I always hope for the best but yeah true. 'Least i didn't place my webcomic series here first, people here woulda made me feel like going emo, good to know to avoid this place and all

The icons in the first in colums, I only have three colums so it works for me, the second wasn't made to those really, just fun.

Neither were made for widescreen, its me first time wiht Photshop, be glad I didn't *shudder* try to draw anything. Honestly, I think its okay for 16 days in Photoshop in total for the both of them

Earl Madness on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If they weren't made for wide-screen, then why are they 800x421px? That's not even a correct screen resolution or ratio.

Plus, they are pretty butt-ugly... just a bunch of images "collaged" together in a messy way.

:)

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wait, these took you 16 days?

Or am I reading that wrong?

Sheri on
    edited June 2007
    Sheri wrote: »
    Wait, these took you 16 days?

Or am I reading that wrong?

"Neither were made for widescreen, its me first time wiht Photshop, be glad I didn't *shudder* try to draw anything. Honestly, I think its okay for 16 days in Photoshop in total for the both of them"

You read right - it took him 16 days to take a superb collection of art and mangle it in to one sensual assault.

MKR on
    edited June 2007
    Yes, 16 days...first time using Photoshop I took 16 days to make these ('course that was off and on as to my schedule so really more like an hour one day and nothing one day, sporadic).

I just wanted a wallpaper of my own that didn't stretch on me. So I got a torrent of Photoshop and made the first one, to me it looked nice, NICE, nothin' special just nice. I made the second one outta boredom and I though, "Maybe someone else might think them nice"

So I posted them here, if you like it fine if not then not.

E-EDIT:

Rule Number 1 of Fight Club: We don't talk about pirating Adobe products. Rule Number 2 is pretty easy, you just beat some people up and call it a night.

Earl Madness on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    Any time someone accuses me of being too mean for too little reason I come here for a little while and feel better.

Tube on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    16 days to fucking rearrange some shit. this kid blows.

NakedZergling on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So

An hour (give or take) a day for 16 days

So, 16 hours?

EDIT'd to remove quote about possibly illegal activities.

Sheri on
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yes, 16 days...first time using Photoshop I took 16 days to make these ('course that was off and on as to my schedule so really more like an hour one day and nothing one day, sporadic).

I just wanted a wallpaper of my own that didn't stretch on me. So I got a torrent of Photoshop and made the first one, to me it looked nice, NICE, nothin' special just nice. I made the second one outta boredom and I though, "Maybe someone else might think them nice"

So I posted them here, if you like it fine if not then not.

Uh, so, high-five with stealing Photoshop. Up top!

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
    edited June 2007
    An hour a day to take someone else's art, butcher it, and re-assemble it randomly? Cut and paste isn't all that hard. Saying you're new to PS doesn't make it any less lame.

MKR on
This discussion has been closed.