As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA comic: Monday December 26, 2011 - Good Data

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I know there's something wrong about it, but it's so enjoyable watching these internet meltdowns.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    This guy. Oh my sweet God, the hubris.....

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote:
    Yeah that guy committed career suicide. The absolute last person you want to get in a shitting contest is Mike. He's stubborn enough to not drop it, one of the biggest names with the biggest soapbox in the community and he's spiteful enough to direct it like a giant moon laser. That shoots metaphorical shit.
    This. I looove when Mike gets to do this to someone.

Also, this, this is beautiful:
    Mike wrote:
    Trust me when I tell you that this is one wild ride. I’m serious, Mr. Toad would look at this ride and just give a slow clap while shaking his head.

• V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well sheeeeeet.

EDIT: Damn, here come the pictures.

tcDM5.jpg

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Syphyre wrote:
    I know there's something wrong about it, but it's so enjoyable watching these internet meltdowns.

It really is the trainwreck scenario. There's so much going on you can't help but watch.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Just fired off a quick little e-mail...
    To: info@avengercontroller.com

I suggest that you conduct a review with all of your company employees and contractors on the topic of proper measures they should take in order to protect the security of their e-mail accounts, especially when logging in to said account on personal or home PC's.

Based on the e-mails ostensibly sent by one Paul Christoforo to a customer asking about his pre-order and to Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade (since made public on numerous industry websites), I can only conclude that one of Mr. Christoforo's children, perhaps in the age range of 10-13 years, somehow gained access to his account and maliciously impersonated him in the aforementioned correspondence. Surely no adult employed in the fields of marketing, PR, or customer service would embarrass himself and his company by behaving in such a rude and immature way.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Just fired off a quick little e-mail...
    To: info@avengercontroller.com

I suggest that you conduct a review with all of your company employees and contractors on the topic of proper measures they should take in order to protect the security of their e-mail accounts, especially when logging in to said account on personal or home PC's.

Based on the e-mails ostensibly sent by one Paul Christoforo to a customer asking about his pre-order and to Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade (since made public on numerous industry websites), I can only conclude that one of Mr. Christoforo's children, perhaps in the age range of 10-13 years, somehow gained access to his account and maliciously impersonated him in the aforementioned correspondence. Surely no adult employed in the fields of marketing, PR, or customer service would embarrass himself and his company by behaving in such a rude and immature way.

:^:

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Apparently his blog has been a patchwork of stolen articles without attribution.

www.examiner.com/video-game-industry-in-national/ocean-marketing-gaming-pr-rep-to-avoid-at-all-cost

It also looks like he deleted his twitter account. That should fix it, good thinking.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Apparently his blog has been a patchwork of stolen articles without attribution.

www.examiner.com/video-game-industry-in-national/ocean-marketing-gaming-pr-rep-to-avoid-at-all-cost

It also looks like he deleted his twitter account. That should fix it, good thinking.

Nope, just renamed it: @OceanStratagy

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    <:__)~ wrote:

Its so perfect that he's wearing a Red Sox hat.

• 101101 Registered User regular
    someone beat him to @OceanStrategy

Which is just hilarious

edited December 2011
    Tomanta wrote:
    Nope, just renamed it: @OceanStratagy

:lol:
    ... D:
    Oh God, you're not joking.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    So somebody else has @OceanMarketting's Twitter account now, since he changed the name. This just keeps getting better.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dusda wrote:
    So somebody else has @OceanMarketting's Twitter account now, since he changed the name. This just keeps getting better.

Still looks the same to me.

BLM - ACAB
    No, wait, I see it now.

BLM - ACAB
    The Geek wrote:
    Dusda wrote:

Still looks the same to me.

From the accounts bio:
    Bio: apparently @oceanmarketting closed up shop... and apparently I was the first to register this account. #Win

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    also of note is that their website still shows the twitter feed for the old twitter name

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I don't fucking believe this. His new account is still misspelled. How the fuck does this guy breathe?

Well somebody else has @OceanStrategy. Based on his old account he seems to just misspell or transpose the name if he can't get it.

Dumb, but I think I actually like that better than a corporate name generator.

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    This is going to be an entertaining week.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Dusda wrote:
    Well somebody else has @OceanStrategy. Based on his old account he seems to just misspell or transpose the name if he can't get it.

Dumb, but I think I actually like that better than a corporate name generator.

No, it was available when he got the mispelled one. People saw his move and leapfrogged him.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    MKR wrote:
    This is going to be an entertaining week.

Seriously. I'm buying stock in popcorn, because we're all making some right now.

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    I got retweeted by the new account. I'm e-famous now.

Haha, wow, okay then. That is just perplexing.

Look, do you want a PR guy that just spells shit by the book or do you want a guy with fresh ideas? It isn't spelled incorrectly, it's spelled better. Stop clinging to your outdated notions of spelling and customer service and embrace the future.

What would really be great right now is if the mayor of Boston had a twitter and chimed in saying he has no idea who this guy is.

BLM - ACAB
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Look, do you want a PR guy that just spells shit by the book or do you want a guy with fresh ideas? It isn't spelled incorrectly, it's spelled better. Stop clinging to your outdated notions of spelling and customer service and embrace the future.

I think you mean "spalled bettter"

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    lookdo you want a pr guy that just spells shitt by the book do you want a guy with fresh ideas it isnt spelled incorrectly it's spelled bettterstop cliging to your outdatted notions of spelling and custtomer service and embrece the future

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    The misspellings are intentional. It's all part of his stratagy.

• NCWolf83NCWolf83 Registered User new member
    I have been a fan of this site for going on 6 years or so... and I only just made an account to comment on how much I love the fact that Mike called out this guy....

• LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    12616377.jpg

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Librarian that rules.

• LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Librarian that rules.

Thank you, I aim to please.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Just finished reading the email exchange.

Brilliant stuff.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    This is absolutely fantastically hilarious. I was having a horrible day, read the email exchange, and laughed myself happy again. I can't wait to see what comes next.

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    looks like Mike pulled the phone number off the front page.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981