As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Repostin' for all the good PA guys:

signature.png

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Antithesis wrote:
    Hm. I've tried far too many proxies and none of my roommates with Steam accounts are online. Anyone here with a Paypal account and US IP willing to gift me Dead Space 1 for $2.50, Dead Space 2 for $5, and Sequence for $Cheap? (At least, I assume those are the prices in the US?) I'll pay you back on the 4th.

Dead Space 1 and 2 are both 5 bucks a pop here.

use steamprices.com if you want to check.

• Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    So what do people do when they run out of Steamgifts points?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I cannot even keep up.

Revenge of the Titans is a blast. It's a fun, arcadey and chaotic take on Tower Defense.

Caveat: Do not buy if you can't handle having your towers wrecked and frantic, fast paced action. Also, you can seriously screw yourself on the tech tree. If either of these bother you, you may want to consider something else. Best approached with the Losing is Fun frame of mind.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    Crafted all my coal on a whim just now. Got 4 particularly bad coupons, Sol Survivor, and Dota 2. Not sure what I'm going to do with Dota 2 - I'm curious about the game, but have zero experience whatsoever with Dota and Dota-likes, and I don't know if I want to put in the time and effort it would take to get good enough to make it worthwhile. Hrmph.

@Ketar I'm sure you'll find someone who really wants DOTAII if you don't want it yourself.

If not I'm willing to work out a trade with you. I really would like to have DOTA2 be a prize in the Prize Bank for the puzzle trail contest. It's perfect for it since it's something alot of people want that they can't actually buy.

Im heading into work now, but will be back on Steam tonight around 10 or 11 EST.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    So, further investigation into my RPG habit on Dungeon Siege 3 vs Two Worlds.

Amazon review pretty much trash DS3 for no customization (like Dungeon siege should be) no set armor, no lots of stuff like DS should be.

Two Worlds 2 gets decent reviews, has all the above mentioned stuff. But I'm leary because of Two Worlds 1, which I wanted to return after 30 minutes of playing.

Decisions Decision!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    Crafted all my coal on a whim just now. Got 4 particularly bad coupons, Sol Survivor, and Dota 2. Not sure what I'm going to do with Dota 2 - I'm curious about the game, but have zero experience whatsoever with Dota and Dota-likes, and I don't know if I want to put in the time and effort it would take to get good enough to make it worthwhile. Hrmph.

Check your messages. :)

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Lord Jezo wrote:
    Wait for a couple hours normally

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Lord Jezo wrote:

Wait

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Hah, oh regional pricing. You never fail to disappoint me.
    Dead Space 2: $17.49

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yay, SPAZ is finally on sale! My months of waiting have paid off.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    InfiniteFailure is a super classylad for taking a pot shot at my wishlist and gifting me KOTOR which I sadly did not actually have.

I was really surprised you where playing ToR but didn't have this.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Amazon review pretty much trash DS3 for no customization (like Dungeon siege should be) no set armor, no lots of stuff like DS should be.

Two Worlds 2 gets decent reviews, has all the above mentioned stuff. But I'm leary because of Two Worlds 1, which I wanted to return after 30 minutes of playing.

Decisions Decision!

Two Worlds II is a huge step above the first game. It looks gorgeous, is unintentionally hilarious due to the voice acting, isn't very buggy, and has the best magic system of any game I've played. If you like open world RPGs, get it.

• ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    I think that @IceBurner may be stalking me, as he displayed some perfectly timed classiness by gifting me SPAZ while I was in the middle of trying to buy it.

I retroactively dedicate my statue of mario in your server to your classiness! Many thanks!

fake edit: Also, your statue now has a top hat and monocle, as it should.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
    Corpekata wrote:
    List of price differences:

Dead Space 1- AUS pays 25 percent less than US, UK pays 20 percent more
    Dead Space 2 - UK pays 50 percent more than US, AUS pays 250(!!) percent more
    Serious Sam 3 - UK pays 20 percent more
    Hearts of Iron 3 - UK pays 20 percent more
    Assassin's Creed - UK pays 20 percent less
    Asscreed 2 - UK pays 20 percent more, AUS pays 50 percent more
    Asscreed Rev - AUS pays 60 percent more
    Asscreed Bro - AUS pays 75 percent more
    Section 8 Prejudice - Equal base game, DLC is 50 percent more for UK, not sure how the 4 pack with DLC prices work
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - UK pays 50 percent more
    Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld - UK pays 20 percent less
    Two Worlds - mostly the same, Flying Fortress DLC is 30 percent more in UK
    Homefront - 50 percent more in AUS and UK

If you want any of those things badly and don't want to get ripped off, do some data smuggling!

Again, if you're getting screwed over, there's usually someone willing to help.

Decisions Decision!

Two Worlds II is a huge step above the first game. It looks gorgeous, is unintentionally hilarious due to the voice acting, isn't very buggy, and has the best magic system of any game I've played. If you like open world RPGs, get it.

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will hold you to this review!

steam_sig.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Is there any DLC for Dungeon Defenders that isn't worth getting?

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    yeah I played a few minutes of DS3 on the PS3 and I wasn't impressed at all.

Decisions Decision!

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will hold you to this review!

Um... wait!

(no seriously, it's a lot of fun)

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    InfiniteFailure is a super classylad for taking a pot shot at my wishlist and gifting me KOTOR which I sadly did not actually have.

I was really surprised you where playing ToR but didn't have this.

I played it on the xbox a looooong time ago.

• cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    So, I remember hearing that SPAZ becomes monotonous in the mid to end game? Is that true or a scurrilous lie?

Also, how is Dungeon Defenders single player?

cckerberos.png
    I fully intend of playing it coop almost 100% so I'm sure shenanigans will help the 'gamplay' also.

steam_sig.png
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Thanks to @starmanbrand for helping me with the Dungeon Defenders cheevo, that would be a pain to do alone.

steam_sig.png
  • PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Can you use the money off coupons on games that are already on sale or not?

PurpleMonkey on
    teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Only gold coupons.

Most of the coupons are only valid after January 2.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Can you use the money off coupons on games that are already on sale or not?

I tried for AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAaa and I couldnt see anywhere to add the coupon.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    everyone who hasn't purchased dead space 2, you now have a golden opportunity

everyone who's purchased but not played dead space 2, you ALSO have a golden opportunity

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    wait you can play two worlds 2 coop?

edit: should I get deadspace 1 as well

Shogun on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Re: Assassin's Creed 1

It was unique and interesting at the time. The story is great. Unfortunately they decided on 3 or 4 gameplay mechanics and that was it. You basically do these 4 mission types over and over in the exact same sequence with absolutely no variation whatsoever. No interesting missions, no variety. It gets SO BORING after the 10th hour or so.

What it has going for it:

Really good combat. I know some people didn't like it much, but I thought it was reasonably deep and required a good bit of finesse.

Excellent story. It pulls a Metroid early on, which is always a good driving gameplay mechanic. Your guy starts off as a douche and has a really good character arc by the end of the game.

The thing is, as soon as you play AC2 you'll never be able to look at AC1 as fun again. AC2 improves upon every single aspect of the first game. So much more variety. No artificial structuring that carries on throughout THE WHOLE DAMN GAME. An equally good story, with an even better "wrapper" story. They really just took everything about the first game and polished it to a mirror shine.

TL;DR - Ubi made the first game well enough, but forgot to add the "fun." Fun was later added in a patch called "Assassin's Creed."

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Has anyone here gotten a gold coupon? I've seen people mention getting actual games, but can't remember if I saw someone say they got a gold coupon.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @RandomHajile is a superb gentleman of the highest order of class for the gift of Just Cause 2. There will be grappling hook shenanigans dedicated to his honour.

On a different note, anybody have recommends for which Tomb Raider and which Gothic I should pick up? Never played any of the Gothic games before but have always been interested, and haven't played Tomb Raider since around #2, so opinions would be appreciated fine folks.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Lars wrote:
    Has anyone here gotten a gold coupon? I've seen people mention getting actual games, but can't remember if I saw someone say they got a gold coupon.

I snagged a 50% gold Kalypso Media coupon a few days ago, but that's pretty much the only decent thing I've gotten so far. And that's not saying much, as it's really not that good either.

• pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the insights on Revenge of the Titans. Looks like fun, and for $2.50, it's definitely in impulse range.

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
    Single Player Dungeon Defenders is really only decent in a "I want some specific achievement or last few experience and don't want to deal with other people" thing. Not really meant for solo general play.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote:
    wait you can play two worlds 2 coop?

edit: should I get deadspace 1 as well

yes

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    I only have a blue coupon for 50% off Valve games and given that the only Valve games I don't own are Left 4 Dead and Day Of Defeat and I've seen them on sale before for lower than 50% so the coupon is pretty useless

teddiepicture-1.jpg
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular

Decisions Decision!

Two Worlds 2 is actually a great game, for a bunch of different reasons.

If you haven't played it before then now is the time to get on it. I paid full price for it on release (seriously? Seriously.) on Xbox and I felt like it was 100% worth it.....until I got to the end and I wanted MOAR but there wasn't anything else.

I guess there's that weird multiplayer mode but I never really played that.

• AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    Anyone want The Orange Box or The Ship? Shoot me a PM.

camo_sig2.png
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    everyone who hasn't purchased dead space 2, you now have a golden opportunity

everyone who's purchased but not played dead space 2, you ALSO have a golden opportunity

I met with success in purchasing, so on my return, there will be multi-playing. Er.

edited December 2011
    On the subject of stuff I've got in the Great Gift Pile giveaway in the extreme off chance that anyone doesn't already own a copy of Half Life 2 or wants a copy of Global Ops Commando Libya feel free to drop me a PM

PurpleMonkey on
    teddiepicture-1.jpg