As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote:
    Man, the winter achievements for Dungeon Defenders and Revenge of the Titans can go fuck themselves. Starting out with either game, I'd say it's basically impossible to do either of them.
    Starting out immediately in the game, yes. They say it's scaled for level 30, but what they really mean is "You have to be level 70 to beat it on normal". On Easy, I don't think a group of level 30s can beat it. Don't go for this achievement unless you are already neck-deep in the game and want a challenge.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    What's the deal with SPAZ achievement for today? How do you do that?

Seems to be totally random, mobs will sometimes drop milk and cookies which will summon Santa onto the screen. Took me a bit into the game to get but you could get it on the first killed mob to so, yeah random just kill enemies.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Entriech wrote:
    Man, the winter achievements for Dungeon Defenders and Revenge of the Titans can go fuck themselves. Starting out with either game, I'd say it's basically impossible to do either of them.
    Starting out immediately in the game, yes. They say it's scaled for level 30, but what they really mean is "You have to be level 70 to beat it on normal". On Easy, I don't think a group of level 30s can beat it. Don't go for this achievement unless you are already neck-deep in the game and want a challenge.

Weeeelll... I'm glad I read this before finishing downloading the game. Sad.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    What's the deal with SPAZ achievement for today? How do you do that?

Just kill some random ships and santa flies in and drops a dude which you then pick up.

I just loaded my main save and some guys attacked my ship, while fighting them santa came by and I got achieve.

Took me about 2 minutes total.

steam_sig.png
  • oluapoluap Registered User regular
    I have two guess passes for Killing Floor. From what I've read, it's possible to get the achievement with a guest pass. Friend me if you want them.

• 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Pulled the trigger on DoWI Plat+Soulstorm with three minutes remaining. I think that might be all I can do for this sale.

8aVThp6.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I just bought DoWII. I'm getting close to my 30 dollar limit on this sale.

• DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Im tired of having the stuff in my sig, who wants it? Like actually wants it to play and enjoy? I dont really care to get money or something back at this point, though it would be nice.

oh add on full copy of Nuclear Dawn (steam gift)

Deusfaux on
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Entriech wrote:

In theory, I think two level 70s can herd a couple of newbies to finish the achievement on Easy. I haven't personally done this, so I can't vouch for how effective it would be. I can solo it on Easy with my 71 Apprentice, but every time you add another player, there's another package to deliver for each point, which raises the difficulty somewhat.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Sounds like I should not be attempting this achievement (group or no) with my guy who is maybe level 3.

camo_sig2.png
  • oluapoluap Registered User regular
    Only 1 guest pass left for Killing Floor.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    <3@Envoy1 and @OneAngryPossum for gifting me Solar 2 and Revenge of the Titans. You guys are both very awesome! :D

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited December 2011
    Two Worlds II Epic Edition is about half the price of standard and comes with the laughably bad original so if you plan on getting it get the Epic Edition.

edit-

And yes thank your friend Bullio :)

SkutSkut on
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    A friend of mine was nice enough to work through RoT up to when the 5th Yeti spawns. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27706068&postcount=31

Drop the whole thing into your Users\(yourname) folder. And turn off cloud saving before starting.

Please send a huge thanks to your friend, this worked perfectly, and I had already given up getting this achievement.

steam_sig.png
  • ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    Thanks a ton to @oluap for the killing floors pass!

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    Two Worlds II Epic Edition is about half the price of standard and comes with the laughably bad original so if you plan on getting it get the Epic Edition.

I think that's just the original game.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The pirate DLC for Two Worlds II looks way more interesting to me than the base game.

Man. SPAZ is one of the handful of games that I own that isn't on Steam. :( Ah well.

Wait... do NOT gift it to me, you classy gents! Absolutely not. I own it already, and I really don't need another copy of it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Corpekata wrote:
    SkutSkut wrote:

I think that's just the original game.

Oh it is, way to misread things me.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    So for anyone curious about Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense, here's my quick review.

Graphics & music are pretty good.
    Unit types are pretty generic as far as tower defense goes. You have melee x 2, ranged x 2, slow, and heal.
    A few standard spells (attack & slow) can be used free of charge but they have cooldown timers.
    Units have health and can be killed. If a unit is killed, it slowly revives.
    Units can be upgraded several times in either heath and/or power. When a unit is upgraded, their health restores to max.
    Units can only be placed at specific points. Some spawn points give a 50% bonus to health and power.

The description so far sounds like a pretty generic tower defense game but there is one very cool feature that elevates it above the mediocrity - the ability (for a very low price) to switch your "towers" to different spots on the map which allows for all sorts of neat tricks and strategies.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I was hit with a gift that I never expected from @Handgimp, the generosity emanating from him can cause extreme classiness, monocles and top hats. I really appreciate the gift of Renegade Ops, thank you.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    The pirate DLC for Two Worlds II looks way more interesting to me than the base game.

Apparently it is

I just bought them both so we will see

Once Ezio shanks chaps

steam_sig.png
    Just Cause 2 for the Titans achievement. :^:

Own it already tho but it's a nice gift, better than stupid coupons and coal I'll say that.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Dangit, another day stuck at work, slowly being convinced by this thread to buy stuff when I get home.

Thank Curse Thank You Steam thread!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Deusfaux wrote:
    Im tired of having the stuff in my sig, who wants it? Like actually wants it to play and enjoy? I dont really care to get money or something back at this point, though it would be nice.

oh add on full copy of Nuclear Dawn (steam gift)

I wouldn't say no to Nuclear Dawn... ;)
    And I need to find more people to gift at.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    Just Cause 2 for the Titans achievement. :^:

Own it already tho but it's a nice gift, better than stupid coupons and coal I'll say that.

For a second, this made me think that Just Cause 2 had a sale objective.

And then I was happy, because I had an excuse to play Just Cause 2 again.

But it doesn't, and now I'm sad.

8aVThp6.png
  • Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Entriech wrote:

In theory, I think two level 70s can herd a couple of newbies to finish the achievement on Easy. I haven't personally done this, so I can't vouch for how effective it would be. I can solo it on Easy with my 71 Apprentice, but every time you add another player, there's another package to deliver for each point, which raises the difficulty somewhat.

Hmm, how long does it take to level in that game? I guess I couldn't be of much use as a level 1, but if I can rank a couple of levels, maybe I could get the achievement before the end of the sale.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    All the talk of Two World 2 has made me interested but sadly that price is to high for a game I didnt know existed until today =p

• AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    From the old thread:

signature.png

I also have the following available:

HL2: Ep1
    25% Valve
    50% Steel storm Retribution - 4 Pack
    33% Deep Silver

I'm still after that Ubisoft voucher, I'd be happy to trade my 6 coal for it.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I just noticed that some recent achievement gave me Disciples III Resurrection.

Anybody wanna trade something of much less value for it? If not, I'm just giving it away to anybody who's interested :mrgreen:

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I gave TF2 a try for the first time in a long time today, and ugh they kind of ruined it. I never really got into it, but I had vague plans to give it a proper go sometime. Now, every server I tried to play I got a deluge of game-interrupting, full screen trade offers and annoying messages about trading my "green items" for some weapons.(I don't anything about the trading values, but a quick look at my inventory showed that the green items were the cool preorder stuff like my pip boy and Deus Ex sunglasses.) I decided to uninstall even before getting the gift achievement. What a shame.

Darlan on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Entriech wrote:

Hmm, how long does it take to level in that game? I guess I couldn't be of much use as a level 1, but if I can rank a couple of levels, maybe I could get the achievement before the end of the sale.

If your around after 10 PM PST, I may try for the cheevo. If not, I could probably help you get a "few*" levels. I don't know if I can get you through the map as I don't know what I"m looking at yet.

*probably about 20 if your were level 1, I can have you join in on Insane setting on a map I can man-handle.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Entriech wrote:

I am capable to carrying 3 level 1s threw easy to get people their cheevo if they need. It doesnt take long to level up in Dungeon defenders after you have your first level 50ish.

The low levels just have to run the gifts and ill keep them and the trees protected. =)

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    28 objectives down... I crafted my 3rd set of coal and got... 50% off Sequence. yay. (this is sarcasmic, beeteedubyou)

I think my luck's ran out when i got Serious Sam the 2nd Encounter HD.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Darlan wrote:
    I gave TF2 a try for the first time in a long time today, and ugh they kind of ruined it. I never really got into it, but I had vague plans to give it a proper go sometime. Now, every server I tried to play I got a deluge of game-interrupting, full screen trade offers and annoying messages about trading my "green items" for some weapons. I deiced to uninstall even before getting the gift achievement. What a shame.

What? There are players that send out trade invites without warning, but that's not fullscreen at all. It's a small thing on the left side of the screen that tells you what buttons to press to accept or decline. It's only if you accept that it fills the whole screen.

The best suggestion I can give is to find some servers that aren't full of idiots or jerks and add them to your favorites.

Peewi on
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    re: thread title:

Honestly, you'd be better off without the zombies!

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • KeiosKeios Registered User regular
    If anyone wants a voucher for either 33% off Valve, 50% off Oddworld: Abe's Oddyseey or 50% off CyanWorlds you are more than welcome to them. Although I have no idea why you would want any of these.

steam_sig.png
    There's 4 more days of sales guys and dolls, four! I may have to put more money in my steam wallet.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    There's 4 more days of sales guys and dolls, four! I may have to put more money in my steam wallet.

I may have to have my wife restrain me, in a not fun way.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Have the following coupons if anyone wants em for nothing.

50% Valve
    33% Valve
    25% Valve
    10% Valve
    50% Xotic
    33% Football Manager 2012
    50% Shadowgrounds Pack
    50% Frozenbyte Collection
    50% Virtua Tennis 4
    50% Fallout 3
    50% The Void

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal