As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    On that note

signature.png

Pro tip: hack yourself to counter-hack ATM counter-hacking.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    Bluefist wrote:
    Perdurabo wrote:
    I too would appreciate an invite to Adventure.

So was it decided to do the G&T Adventure group over the main PA one?

Either way if I could get an invite anyway, that'd be rad.

What's your steam id, guy with std?

He's http://steamcommunity.com/id/Galedrid

Edit; what a totp at that. ALL HAIL STDS!

Can I grab a invite to the adventure group as well.

Done

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Well my 8+ hour car trip is almost to an end.so I can finally get around to checking out the deals and achievements. I swear traveling with babies creates a pocket dimension where things move slower.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So guys. Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld are not worth my time / moneys?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I would like to proclaim that Natik is a fellow of the classiest stature for giving the gift of Portal to me.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    So guys. Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld are not worth my time / moneys?
    If you're a Tomb Raider fan they're fine games.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Underworld is probably the better of those 2 but they are both worth your time and money

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Tomb Raider: Legend and Anniversary are both good games. Legend introduced the new engine and was genuinely good. Anniversary is the first Tomb Raider game re-made using the new engine.

Underworld is a big turd I think though

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    mts wrote:
    Well my 8+ hour car trip is almost to an end.so I can finally get around to checking out the deals and achievements. I swear traveling with babies creates a pocket dimension where things move slower.

It is so true, I've not gone farther than 4 hours, but I swear it took a year.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    E.Y.E. is so weird I have no idea what to make of it but I like it even with it being frustrating at times.

I would like it if I could get it to run well. It is weird and intriguing. But now, I just want to punch it in its stupid face.

Special thanks to @Elvenshae who gifted me Space Tissues vs Zombies to dry my tears or wallet woes. If you ever need dirty diapers, I am your man.

Glad to spread the love for a real gem of a game. SPAZ is great* because it takes the run-down, trailer-park-in-space aesthetic of the Terrans from StarCraft and really just runs with it.

And @Broncbuster returned the classiness with a bit of Nimbus, which is apparently some form of cloud simulator. I shall have to investigate more fully!

* Among many other reasons.

• Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    Perdurabo wrote:
    MadCaddy wrote:
    Just needed to drop by and mention what a cigar afficiando level of class @Ketar brings to the whole joint for giving me The Witcher he got, and didn't need..

And because of his wonderful gift, I don't have time for the AI War: Fleet Command I won.. So, first person who posts on these boards how much superior they are to all AI shall get it.

I'll be around for the next hour, but I'll check back later tonight as well.

Find time, because that is a fine game. No good passing it around like some used up wench.

I really want to, but I just don't see me getting to it, especially since I played a few hours of it a year or so ago, and I rarely revisit games that I do that too.. + I am getting quite the backlog, especially with the witcher.
    CroakerBC wrote:
    MadCaddy wrote:
    Just needed to drop by and mention what a cigar afficiando level of class @Ketar brings to the whole joint for giving me The Witcher he got, and didn't need..

And because of his wonderful gift, I don't have time for the AI War: Fleet Command I won.. So, first person who posts on these boards how much superior they are to all AI shall get it.

I'll be around for the next hour, but I'll check back later tonight as well.

I prefer to think I'm more of a supplement to AI, rather than superior too it. However, unlike AI, I could actually play AI War using my *thumbs*, which obviously makes me better. So there's that.

Also, thanks to @Bullio for the link to that Revenge of the Titans save file - I played it for 90 minutes, and managed to beat the first ultrayeti with a scorched earth policy, but doing 4 more would be impossible. I recommend the cheese approach to anyone without that kind of time.

ETA: Also, I too am desperate for a Jade Empire sale. Curses!

And we have a winner.. Send me a friend request on steam por favor.. MMForYourHealth.

Also, if anyone around can hook me up with an invite to the adventure group, it'd be much appreciated.

• Options
    Oh! International price shaft detected! Can I get an American to hook me up with Tomb Raider: Anniversary? It's half the price of the UK version.

Also; Devil May Cry 4 is 50% off, but Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, one of my all time favourite games, is not. C'mon Steam! :/

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Oh! International price shaft detected! Can I get an American to hook me up with Tomb Raider: Anniversary? It's half the price of the UK version.

Also; Devil May Cry 4 is 50% off, but Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, one of my all time favourite games, is not. C'mon Steam! :/

You do not want the pc version of DMC3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaliakalia Registered User regular
    Many thanks to @RandomHajile for the Dungeon Defenders dlc pack! Now I can defend dungeons in even more ways! :D

• Options
    I...I don't?

But you can play as Vergil! :<

What's wrong with it?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote:
    SkutSkut wrote:
    E.Y.E. is so weird I have no idea what to make of it but I like it even with it being frustrating at times.

I would like it if I could get it to run well. It is weird and intriguing. But now, I just want to punch it in its stupid face.

Special thanks to @Elvenshae who gifted me Space Tissues vs Zombies to dry my tears or wallet woes. If you ever need dirty diapers, I am your man.

Glad to spread the love for a real gem of a game. SPAZ is great* because it takes the run-down, trailer-park-in-space aesthetic of the Terrans from StarCraft and really just runs with it.

And @Broncbuster returned the classiness with a bit of Nimbus, which is apparently some form of cloud simulator. I shall have to investigate more fully!

* Among many other reasons.

I hope it is not terrible. I have no idea about the game, I got it through cheevos.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Well hot damn, won Napoleon: Total War from achievement. Finally something that doesn't isn't Total Suck.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    One hour left:

signature.png

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    I...I don't?

But you can play as Vergil! :<

What's wrong with it?

No keyboard and mouse controls (not too much of a problem if you have a controller I guess)

Very bad port techwise (not too much of a problem now I guess but then it was horrendously chuggy on a beast rig)

No menu to quit the game the old alt-f4 is needed

Game will often refuse to save anything and wipe your old saves at the same time

Er, the cutscenes are in 240p

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    good gravy this thread is a consumerist heaven.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Corpekata for the gift of Gratuitous Space Battles! Pure class.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I have both Gratuitous Space Battles and SPAZ

Are these any way similar?

I mean I could play them I guess but that's not what Steam is for

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    BigDes wrote:

Other than the viewpoint, not really. SPAZ is much more action oriented.

GSB is more like Frozen Synapse with spaceships.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    I worked out the hours wrong...

signature.png

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    BigDes wrote:

GSB is more like tower defense where you get to design your own towers. And the towers are spaceships and they fight other towers. Frozen Synapse is more hands on.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    BigDes wrote:

GSB is more like tower defense where you get to design your own towers. And the towers are spaceships and they fight other towers. Frozen Synapse is more hands on.

Yeah that's probably more accurate.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Is SPAZ similar to Starscape?

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    Oh hell to the yes.... just got home and checked steam sales - SPAZ for $2.50?! Bought hard.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote:

Yes.

• Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    @MrDelish

Just to confirm: Yes, I got The Ship. Thanks again!

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    SPAZ good? OK, why not.

Also, you owe it to yourself to get Machinarium. The soundtrack alone contains some choice pieces that will make you close your eyes and listen smilingly.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Ugh, trying to create an account for Rusty Hearts is a pain...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote:
    cckerberos wrote:

Yes.

Thanks. I guess I'll drop Dungeon Defenders and pick that up, then.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote:
    Death, exciting and new.
    Come aboard, we're expecting you.
    Death, life's last reward.
    Let blood flow, life floats away to you.

Death Boat soon will be making another run.
    The Death Boat promises something for everyone.
    Set a course for adventure.
    Your mind on a new victim.

And death won't hurt that much.
    It's second smile under your beautiful neck.
    It's death.
    Welcome aboard.
    It's death!.

It's the Death Boat-ah! It's the Death Boat-ah!

....i'd watch it. Especially if they killed off the guest star every episode (I'm looking at you Charo).

Also, thanks a lot, I just caught myself whistling the Love Boat theme and now it's stuck in my head. :x

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    It would be Murder, She Wrote, with Angela Lansbury singing "I'm On A Boat"... I'd watch every goddamn episode of that.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Anyone have any coupons for Assassins Creed Revelations? Not sure if those are around or not.

I just crafted my coal and got 50% off Portal 2, anyone interest for a bit of coal or some TF2 items/ metal or something?

I've also got -33% Valve, -50% Trauma (x2) and -25% Stronghold3.

I think I have 25% off AssRev. On my phone right now so I can't double check. You want it?

Most definitely! Hit me up when you can.

edit: come to think of it, do coupons and sales stack?

I'm pretty sure they do, but the coupons aren't valid until Jan 2nd thru March. Probably won't be TOO many sales then, but you never know.

Are we friends on Steam? If not, send me a friend request so I'll remember to take care of it when I get home.

Bluuuurrrgghhh I never noticed the date on that, I thought it was just always active. Well son of a bitch, I was hoping to stack something up to be able to afford to pick that up tonight. Ah well, I'll just take the coupon and hope it goes down some more while it's active. Thanks though! Sending a friend request now.

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Thanks Bullio for the RotT save. Couldn't have done it otherwise. Seriously though Steam - a 50% off Section 8 coupon? They should at least match the daily sale discounts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Perdurabo wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:
    I have taken a screenshot of one of my Gmail folders to hopefully encapsulate the Steam thread.
    classiness.jpg

I imagine that's what Santa's Gmail looks like. Except he probably has more facebook photo tags around this time of year.

That is a lot of gifts. Wow.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    It would be Murder, She Wrote, with Angela Lansbury singing "I'm On A Boat"... I'd watch every goddamn episode of that.

They could do it Law & Order: Criminal Intent style and switch off leads every episode: Odd weeks would be Angela, even weeks would by Andy Griffith's Matlock solving the mysteries while defending his clients in boat court.

• Options
    oluapoluap Registered User regular
    I have a spare Killing Floor guest pass. Friend me if you want it.