As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ting in the sky

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    I can't believe this movie was a box office flop.

I understand why. It was a Henson movie but not for kids (though I was watching it when I was 6 or 7 as soon as it came out on VHS) so it probably confused most people.

But man there's never been anything quite like it.
    I went back with a few friends after remembering how awesome it was as a kid.

I couldn't stand it. I shut it off after 20 minutes.

It didn't age well with me, apparently.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Maybe he really wants some poop in the mail.

Man, I will hold a pledge drive to make that happen

or I would if not for the FBI

hi fellas!

hey, if someone wants to give or not give me a certain address i think i might be able or not be able to make certain things possibly happen or not happen.

James on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Maybe he really wants some poop in the mail.

Man, I will hold a pledge drive to make that happen

or I would if not for the FBI

hi fellas!

The FBI should have exceptions for internet hilarity. And so should the USPS.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I can't believe this movie was a box office flop.

I understand why. It was a Henson movie but not for kids (though I was watching it when I was 6 or 7 as soon as it came out on VHS) so it probably confused most people.

But man there's never been anything quite like it.
    I went back with a few friends after remembering how awesome it was as a kid.

I couldn't stand it. I shut it off after 20 minutes.

It didn't age well with me, apparently.

I've heard other people say that, too.

Labyrinth definitely aged a lot better... but... I dunno. I guess I have a soft spot for this movie.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited June 2007
    Oh man. Cat!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Drinking is fun.

As a side note, I've been on a "WWII planes were awesome" binge, as you may be able to divine from the first post of this thread. The FW-190 with the Mk. 108 cannons was the best plane of the war, hands down.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

Doc on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    eh?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Duncing diversity.

dunce2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    So awesome!

The pink overalls really make it :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited June 2007
    It's 2:30 here, so seeing little blonde duncette may have amused me much more than it should have.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    I shrunk it.

eden9.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    Drinking is fun.

As a side note, I've been on a "WWII planes were awesome" binge, as you may be able to divine from the first post of this thread. The FW-190 with the Mk. 108 cannons was the best plane of the war, hands down.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

Honestly I really like this plane even though it didn't see that much action.

James on
    edited June 2007
    I'm going to bed now; have a happy bed time, everybody else.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    haha oh man the spotlight on her is a great touch :D

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited June 2007
    so guys how is the mod forum doing these days i know i was pretty much holding it together but you know

Doc on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's holding up okay, Doc. I'm disassembling my computer now, headed for Portland with it tomorrow.

My car is so fucking full. Thank God you took that monitor and keyboard for me, Doc. <3

Thanatos on
    edited June 2007
    no worries, its still a pit of hate and angst :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Drinking is fun.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

Lets go, Doc. Best all around plane of WWII? I need reasons.

Al_wat on
    edited June 2007

I've picked up the phrase "no worries" ever since I was in Australia. We also need an equivalent to "mate." Any substitutes we have sound stand-offish, like "bro" or "pal."

Doc on
    edited June 2007

I've picked up the phrase "no worries" ever since I was in Australia. We also need an equivalent to "mate." Any substitutes we have sound stand-offish, like "bro" or "pal."

Honestly I just call people "mate."

James on
    edited June 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Drinking is fun.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

Its 30mm cannon could usually down a fighter in one hit, and a bomber in 3-4.

Doc on
    edited June 2007
    Also, Doc, just so you can be jealous: I play in an annual poker tournament in an airport hangar. The dude who owns a hangar keeps his restored WWII-era plane in there (I believe it's a P-51 Mustang), and takes it out every once in awhile. It's pretty fucking cool.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2007
    I'm not sure where I picked up "no worries" (probably here) but I use it a lot, too.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2007
    bwahaha, next thing you know you'll be eating vegemite and calling shrimp 'prawns' and then OUR PLAN WILL COME TO FRUITION!!1!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Drinking is fun.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

That'll do it.

I am pretty interested in that kinda shit. I came across this TV show on the history channel the other week talking about famous dogfights from WWII, with the actual surviving fighter pilot talking about it.

One episode talked about a B-17 Flying Fortress that had been upgraded with 6 or 7 extra guns and took out something like seventeen enemy fighters in a single sortie.

Al_wat on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Drinking is fun.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

That'll do it.

I am pretty interested in that kinda shit. I came across this TV show on the history channel the other week talking about famous dogfights from WWII, with the actual surviving fighter pilot talking about it.

One episode talked about a B-17 Flying Fortress that had been upgraded with 6 or 7 extra guns and took out something like seventeen enemy fighters in a single sortie.

Now that's insane.

This is the sort of stuff I like as well. All that crazy stuff that hardly anyone ever talks about, like how one of the greatest painters of all time(I forget which one, possibly Da Vinci or Michelangelo or however you spell it) designed a gun that could be fired one-handed, which was used in a key assassination of the time. Or how the battle of Midway was a battle in which neither ship actually saw eachother and met in direct combat, they just launched their planes and THEY fought.

The history channel rocks.

yalborap on
    edited June 2007
    Too much fucking stuff.

Every possible inch of the car that could possibly be filled without obscuring my sight is filled.

Thank God for Doc.

Anyhow, I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow, Hacks and cel. See you Sunday, Doc.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2007
    Drinking is fun.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

That'll do it.

The shells for the 30mm were pulled instead of cast, which meant that the jackets around the explosive or incendiary material could be much thinner. Bam, more explosive power. In addition, the rounds sometimes had hydrostatic fuses, which meant that the round would wait until it had penetrated the fuel tanks before exploding.

Doc on
    edited June 2007
    Drinking is fun.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

That'll do it.

The shells for the 30mm were pulled instead of cast, which meant that the jackets around the explosive or incendiary material could be much thinner. Bam, more explosive power. In addition, the rounds sometimes had hydrostatic fuses, which meant that the round would wait until it had penetrated the fuel tanks before exploding.

Daaaamn.

yalborap on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    olla [chat].

Aldo on
    edited June 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    olla [chat].

Allo.

yalborap on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    bwahaha, next thing you know you'll be eating vegemite and calling shrimp 'prawns' and then OUR PLAN WILL COME TO FRUITION!!1!
    Vegemite is regarded by the British as an inferior version of Marmite, and by everyone else with disgust.

japan on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The British can go to hell gf-colbert.gif

electricitylikesme on
    edited June 2007
    japan wrote: »
    Vegemite is regarded by the British as an inferior version of Marmite, and by everyone else with disgust.

Awesome.

yalborap on
    edited June 2007
    Marmite is icky!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bah, I had forgotten one of the key downsides to being at home. My mum is entirely incapable of entertaining herself and will stop from from being anything if she isn't occupied with some task or other. It must be terrible to get bored so easily.

Or maybe I'm just really easily entertained.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The British can go to hell gf-colbert.gif

I've been to Hull. It was horrible.
    I haven't really.

Edit: Marmite >>>>>>>> Vegemite.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've been to Hull, it really is as bad as they say. Their phone boxes are beige! It's also the fattest place in the UK, which is funny as my brother used to be skinny and since going to Hull to do a master's degree he's become chubby. Anecdotal truth is the best truth.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Polish fighter pilots were batshit crazy.

They fought the germans in total shitbombs but they figured ouyt how to break even, they waited until they were right up to the enemy before firing. they brought that over to the modern planes of the british with great success. They damn near never missed, also, due to them flying like a crack addicted wasp they rarely got shot themselves.

The Black Hunter on
  • ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I've been to Hull, it really is as bad as they say. Their phone boxes are beige! It's also the fattest place in the UK, which is funny as my brother used to be skinny and since going to Hull to do a master's degree he's become chubby. Anecdotal truth is the best truth.

Hull is a fine institution.

Marmite!
    Photo81.jpg

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.