As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Train Alliance 2012

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    The Metroid line does leave on the 4th, but arrives in DC on Thursday morning, not Boston. From there it catches the Sonic Line to Boston.

yeah, I hurf durfed and put in Baltimore by mistake, not Boston

Also looking at your timetables I saw you had already projected it to arrive Thursday night

I'm just

I'm just a mess here, Moe

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • CraZyMuffinCraZyMuffin Registered User regular
    What line you will be on: Metal Gear
    Name: Andrew
    Boarding Stop:Toledo, OH
    Ticket Purchased:Not yet
    Also bringing 5 friends this time for the adventure.

• cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    Tarranon wrote:
    I just don't remember arriving Thursday last year

I thought the train people got in Thursday night last year. I remember people saying they couldn't make the PPdinner, but that they'd be in time for the Pokécrawl.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    The train does arrive thursday, but at around 8-9pm (provided the train doesn't run late).

E6LkoFK.png

• RighthandedRighthanded Registered User new member
    What line you will be on: Sonic Line
    Name: Spencer
    Boarding Stop: Union Station, DC
    Ticket Purchased: Yes!

I drove up 2 years ago to the first PAX EAST and only caught the last day of the conference. I'm totally stoked to take the train this year and hit up all three days! Going to be EPIC!

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Names: Kyle and Eugene
    Boarding Stop: Union Station, Chicago, IL
    Ticket Purchased: Yes and yes

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    Names: Daniel, Nakesha, Sam, Andy
    Boarding Stop: Toledo, OH
    Ticket Purchased: Not Yet

• ToadChildToadChild Registered User regular
    Name: Jonathan & Sarah
    Boarding Stop: Baltimore Penn Station
    Ticket Purchased: Yes!

• ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    Hey all. I'm a PAX Prime attendee normally. But I've got business that will possibly scratch that off the list of activities for the year. So lemme ask this. What's the best Northbound east coast train to catch? I did LA to Seattle WA for prime this year. So I'd love to hit up another trip!

• smerksmerk Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    What line will you be on: Metal Gear Line (I'd like to take a line from the west coast if anyone else is going)
    Name: Smerk
    Boarding Stop: Chicago, Il (or SF, CA or Seattle, WA)
    Ticket Purchased: Yes (or No)

smerk on
    What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    What line you will be on: Lemmings Line & Metal Gear Line
    Name: Aaron Sansgaard
    Boarding Stop: Kansas City, MO - April 4, 07:24 CDT (Departure at 07:43 CDT)
    Ticket Purchased: waiting to see if others are going!

Will be flying, the group found a cheap flight. :(

MASeffect on
    lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So far it looks like not many signed up in my area, does anyone know what numbers were like last year?

MASeffect on
    lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    As fun as this was last year, I've decided to fly in a day earlier to participate in other events so I won't be on the train again.

• Nicole452Nicole452 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    What line you will be on: Star Fox Line
    Name: Nicole & Rusty
    Boarding Stop: Orlando
    Ticket Purchased: Yes

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Name: Nate
    Boarding Stop: Washington, DC
    Ticket Purchased: Yep

• RoboticCheeseRoboticCheese Doctor Blacksburg, VARegistered User regular
    What line you will be on: Sonic Line (that is to say, NE176 all the way up from Virginia)
    Name: Jon H (aka RoboticCheese, aka Fr00tyTang)
    Boarding Stop: Lynchburg, VA
    Ticket Purchased: Finally, yes

Also training it back down on Monday. Totally stoked. Last year was a blast. Only a few months to go, so see you soon, Sonic Line Party People (TM).

• rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    What line you will be on: Pac-Man > Metal Gear
    Name: Philip R (RileyPER)
    Boarding Stop: Springfield, Il
    Ticket Purchased: Reserved them a few days ago, roundtrip for less than $200 with student advantage

This will be my first time at pax east, and I'm going with my gaming group and i can't wait!

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • GravitomGravitom Registered User new member
    Are more dates going to be added to this? The Sonic line is a Thursday arrival but I'm sure plenty (if not the majority) of people are planning on getting there early Friday.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I doubt it. Obviously people can choose any time they want, but as many paxers will tell you it's much more ideal to be able to arrive Thursday instead of Friday since the lines for the Friday morning stuff (keynote/first Q&A) are so long (people start lining up around 7-8am).

There's also the pre-pax gaming that happens in a lot of hotels on Thursday night.

Due to these reasons, almost all of the PAX Travel groups plan to arrive on Thursday (also see the west coast train trip, the cross country supertrip, and the western aviation networking group for Prime, all try to plan to arrive Thursday or sometimes Wednesday).

Feel free to post your plan for Friday to see if other paxers on the forums are going to share it.

Gravitom wrote:
    Are more dates going to be added to this? The Sonic line is a Thursday arrival but I'm sure plenty (if not the majority) of people are planning on getting there early Friday.

There are a few reasons for the train getting in on thursday. The first being that the only way to work every train line to connect and get in together is to get it in the evening, so getting in Friday would mean missing the first day of PAX. The reason other days aren't involved is because it would remove the main goal of the train trip, which is to get as many PAXers on the same trains as possible. By having trains arriving on different days, it encourages people to spread out and removes the PAXer per train density.

E6LkoFK.png

• General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Name: Nicholas J.A. Hartmann & posse
    Boarding Stop: New York City Penn Station
    Ticket Purchased: Not yet, but most likely sometime this week.

General Pengwin on
    steam_sig.png
  • InuFayeInuFaye Registered User regular
    Name: Chris Belsky & Stuarts Draft Saints
    Boarding Stop: Charlottesville, VA

• ReptilianSamuraiReptilianSamurai Registered User new member
    What line you will be on: Sonic
    Name: Jason & Christina
    Boarding Stop: BWI
    Ticket Purchased: YES!

This will be our very first PAX, after not being able to make it work out the past two years. We are very excited! So how do we find everyone else on our train?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    This will be our very first PAX, after not being able to make it work out the past two years. We are very excited! So how do we find everyone else on our train?

Sometimes there will be someone with a PAX flag or something like that. Whomever has posted here as getting on at the first stop should get together and agree on how to meet. Although if you all wear nerd shirts that should be a good start.

• feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    So I was wondering if we were going to try to organize some sort of dinner so that when we all arrive, we can get check in at our hotels and get something to eat. In the past, the PPD and PokeCrawl have started before some of the trains arrive, so we tend to miss out on them.

Most likely it would be by train line, and up to those people to figure out where to go and when, but I figure some semblance of organization would be cool.

(I will be on the Sonic Line, and if necessary, I can help organize it for our train.)

• griffin.brucegriffin.bruce MichiganRegistered User regular
    Name: Andrew
    Boarding Stop:Toledo, OH
    Ticket Purchased:Not yet
    Also bringing 5 friends this time for the adventure.

Hey, I'm from Lansing, considering taking the train as well if I don't end up hitching a ride with my parents when they visit my sister this same week. Maybe we'll run into each other!

PAX East 2012: [X] Badge // [X] Time-off // [X] Accomodations // [ ] Travel // [X] EXCITEMENT!!!
    Twitter: @griffin_bruce GT: Nephilim Army PSN: NephilimArmy 3DS: 3523-2206-5371
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Name: Wingedillidan + 2
    Boarding Stop: Philadelphia, PA

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    Name: Nicholas J.A. Hartmann & posse
    Boarding Stop: New York City Penn Station
    Nicholas J.A. Hartmann & posse

Posse? Hey! That's me!

Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    Hey Moe.

I think Amtrak did something that borked all your train links.
    Like the 176 Northeast Regional link under the Sonic Line.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    Gah, those bastards changed all their links. I'll figure it out later, I guess.

E6LkoFK.png

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    As for meeting on the train, Sonic Line had good success with just piling into the rearmost car. I vote we try to do that again, as it's the least likely to cause any disturbance among other passengers. Someone had a fruitfucker flag which was also handy, though I'm not sure that I have anything similar if said flag isn't available.

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    On Metal Gear it was pretty obvious which car was the PAX car, just from t-shirts and DS's. Also we basically took over the lounge.

• HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote:
    As for meeting on the train, Sonic Line had good success with just piling into the rearmost car. I vote we try to do that again, as it's the least likely to cause any disturbance among other passengers. Someone had a fruitfucker flag which was also handy, though I'm not sure that I have anything similar if said flag isn't available.

The flag shall be there, as either @bigsassy or one of his friends has it. I also agree on piling into the last car, as seats were pretty plentiful compared to other cars.

LQckybu.png
  • ReptilianSamuraiReptilianSamurai Registered User new member
    Doesn't Amtrak have assigned seating? Just wondering, because it would be good to sit with the other PAX attendees.

Amtrak doesn't assign seats like airlines do. You get your seat when you get on the train.

E6LkoFK.png

• DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    What line you will be on: Sonic
    Name: Ian
    Boarding Stop: New York Penn Station

Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    Dgeorge318 wrote:
    Names: Daniel, Nakesha, Sam, Andy
    Boarding Stop: Toledo, OH
    Ticket Purchased: Not Yet

I'm Sam from this post and Nakesha is my wife. You may remember us from such trains as PAX East 2010's Metal Gear line (Formerly Lava live).

PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Until Moe fixes the links, here's the timetables: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer/Page/1237405732505/1237405732505

• gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    Name: Jo (gidgets) & Jeremiah (Bitstream)
    Boarding Stop: Chicago Union Station, IL
    Ticket Purchased: Not yet, finalizing plane/hotel plans with Zedarius.

• Thin Red PasteThin Red Paste Way out in the sticks.Registered User regular
    Just registered for the forums to say:
    What line you will be on: Star Fox to Sonic
    Name: Justin
    Boarding Stop: Rocky Mount, NC
    Ticket Purchased: Double Yes.

I'll probably be the guy in the Protomen shirt and commissar cap. Now I need to deal with a room.

This discussion has been closed.