As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bizarre Vice City Glitch

Original RufusOriginal Rufus Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've reached the point in Vice City where you own Diaz's old mansion, but for some reason, every time I try to open the garage door, the game gives me this.

GTAerror.jpg

I've tried reinstalling the game clean, on two seperate computers. Same error each time. I've been copying and pasting my original save file because, frankly, I put too much time into it. Though yes, if we're looking at this logically, it's the common thread between all the installs.

So I suppose my question is, is anyone actually familiar with this glitch, and is there any way to rectify it without losing my game?

Original Rufus on

• Options
    PhilodoxPhilodox Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    have you tried patching the game?

Philodox on
    That's a Freudian mansex if I ever cocked one.
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I've only encountered a 1.1 unsupported upgrade designed to fix visual glitches that I don't experience.

Original Rufus on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Are you using a trainer? I used to get that error pretty frequently when opening a garage door and I think it was because of a trainer.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Are you using a trainer? I used to get that error pretty frequently when opening a garage door and I think it was because of a trainer.

Nah, it's a clean install.

Would there be a trainer that would let me skip missions somehow? My only concern is the fact that I literally can't progress without opening the garage to complete this task.

Original Rufus on