As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    So just out of curiosity, how much data did people download? I went through at least 62,214.1 MB this sale...

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I haven't DLed much yet, doing so now to see what games are going to fight me. So far Call of Cthulu and the original Fallout.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I am putting off Batman AC (17 gig) and LA Noire (13 gig) downloads as long as possible lol. On a 10/2 cable wireless connection, and get 1.2 mbps max on Steam. Oh how I miss my 40/12 FIOS and 4 mbps Steam speed...

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Had just enough left in my steam wallet to get myself Jagget Alliance 2, Batman Costume DLC, and Batman Challenge Map DLC. Still have $5 left. Who wants Bastion?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    @Raiden333 is a classy, classy gentleman. I wanted to gift him Anomaly, but he already owns it, but he still gifted me a copy of Bastion anyway.

I won't let you out-class me that easily! Just you wait until PayPal stops derping on me. 8-)

The Anonymous on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Payday is pretty fun you guys. Does anyone know how unlocks work? It seems to just unlock one thing every time I go up a reputation level, but only in sharpshooter; is there any way to change to assault or support and get some of those unlocks? And do the challenges only give cash? They're not related to the unlocks?

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Payday is pretty fun you guys. Does anyone know how unlocks work? It seems to just unlock one thing every time I go up a reputation level, but only in sharpshooter; is there any way to change to assault or support and get some of those unlocks? And do the challenges only give cash? They're not related to the unlocks?

Hit tab then 1 2 or 3 to choose which tree you want to do. If you go into the escape menu you can look at the full unlock list for each type.

steam_sig.png
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    So, apparently quite a few people here are wondering what the hidden, non-daily gems of this sale are.

The answer is AI War: Fleet Command which has been 75% off the whole duration. Either get the complete version with all the DLC, or just the base game. If you end up just getting the base game, I have a copy of one of the DLCs to give away, so PM me if that's the case.

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Sometime spent with PB Winterbottom: Really good game. The puzzles are tricky and require some finesse, but (as far as world three) the puzzles are quite a bit easier than some of braids.

I always felt braid strayed a little too far from being a puzzler to being a "lol u missed a pixel!" platformer, so this is a refreshing take. And the art/humor? So good. You buttwits need to snag it. I will be disappointed if it turns out to be like braid's ending:
    some weird social commentary like THE PIES STAND FOR MONEY AND YOURE STEALING ALL THE MONEY AND EVERYONE ELSE IS MAD AT YOU AND YOURE THE PRESIDENT AND JESUS AT THE SAME TIME

also my steam sig says im playing whispered world even though I could not get it to load again. weird

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    After getting HiB #3+4 for ~2.25x the average payment I found my personal demand for games to be rather low so I entered Dapper Swindler Mode(tm) and sought to viciously maximize the value of my gaming dollars. Here's my recap nonetheless:

Bought:
    Portal 2
    Costume Quest
    Dungeons of Dredmor + DLC
    Jamestown (DLC only)
    The Binding of Isaac
    Limbo*

Coal Trading Pile:
    DOTA 2 Beta
    Frozen Synapse
    SpaceChem

Zoelef on
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Is it nearly over?

Bought for myself:
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

Bought for others:
    Lots.

Gifts received:
    Lots, thanks again to all for the generosity.

And thanks to the entire Steam thread for yet another epic showing of heart-warming classiness all round.

steam_sig.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Lets see, how'd I do
    Bought:
    Shogun 2
    Fate of the World
    Universal Sandbox
    Empire/Napoleon GOTY
    Blood Bowl
    Civ 5 DLC
    Dungeons of Dredmore DLC

Gifted:
    Supreme Commander 2
    Divinty 2
    Majesty 2
    Dungeon Siege III DLC
    MtG DLC
    E.Y.E
    Fallout NV
    Divinity II
    X3 Albion Prelude(2 copies)
    Shogun 2(2 copies)
    All of the Dungeon Defender DLC

Recieved
    E.Y.E
    Nexus
    Amnesia
    Overlord (Steamgifts)
    Dungeons of Dredmore (Steamgifts)
    Day of Defeat:Source (Gift Pile)

Out of everything, I've been playing a crapload of Blood Bowl. I'd have figured Shogun would have grabbed my attention the most.

• BamaBama Registered User regular
    Anybody interested in trading for a dota2 beta invite? No way I'm going to have time to play it.

Bama wrote:
    Anybody interested in trading for a dota2 beta invite? No way I'm going to have time to play it.

What are you looking for?

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Bama wrote:

What would you like?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Guy and gals:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your immense generosity towards me over the last few weeks. It's made Christmas even more awesome. I tried very hard yogurt more than I got, and was doing well, but then the tide turned.

Even after dropping almost $400 on Steam gifts this holiday, I'm pretty sure I received more than I gave, and that's goddamn amazing. You seriously have no idea how much this means to me.

I'm headed to the airport now for vacation, but I just wanted to make sure I hopped on to tell you alk that you guys rock, and I'll see you in a week!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm still really sad by that one guy I gifted a game too not even saying ANYTHING to me about it. No "thanks", no "why?" not even a "fuck you I hate you". Just took the game and that was it.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Klyka, you can gift me a game and I will send you so many messages. I will send you one of each of those.

• InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    Just gonna put it out here one more time:

signature.png

And wow Klyka, I know how that feels, always a little sad when someone doesn't give your gift some recognition.

camo_sig2.png
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    I'm still really sad by that one guy I gifted a game too not even saying ANYTHING to me about it. No "thanks", no "why?" not even a "fuck you I hate you". Just took the game and that was it.

I experienced the same thing, but I wouldn't worry about it. I just put it down to them being bombarded with other things, being distracted, a bit of forgetfulness, etc! I doubt it was an intentional snub.

steam_sig.png
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Yeah, that's always really shitty when that happens. I always make a point of posting in the thread whenever someone gives me something, but I think I might PM and Steam message them from now on, just to make sure they don't miss it.

• Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Lord Yod wrote:
    Also in case anyone is on the fence, L.A. Noire is fucking amazing. The only negative I have to say about it is that it's a pretty terrible port. Or at least, that's what I assume, as it goes into a slideshow every minute or so when I'm driving or wandering around, and this is on a machine that runs BF3 on high with 60fps and Skyrim maxed out.
    Solved this issue by putting -npd in the command line if anyone is wondering.

steam_sig.png
    And on another note, I just realized the Penny-Arcade Steam chat has dwindled down a little as the sale is winding down. It's a little sad, this sale has been made significantly more fun and more classy by that chat and this forum. Hope some of the bustle stays around, else, I'm gonna miss this sale. It's been good.

camo_sig2.png
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    OMG.

Portal 2 is so good.

So good.

Dunno if it's bad that I finished in 7 hours though. D: Some of the puzzles left me genuinely stumped.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

I experienced the same thing, but I wouldn't worry about it. I just put it down to them being bombarded with other things, being distracted, a bit of forgetfulness, etc! I doubt it was an intentional snub.

Speaking of, did I forget to thank you for a gift? If so I'm really sorry. Some nights I was getting hit with like 5 gifts! Combined with owning a bakery around the holidays, I fell a little behind on my thanks.

If I forgot to post about it, I'm really sorry, and you should know that it was really great of you. I can't wait to replay Arkham Asylum on PC this time!

Also, I think I might owe a thanks to @Spoit, @Custom Special, @Tef, @Roshin, @SkyTurnsRed, @Kainy and a few others. I'm sorry for being so brief. SO LITTLE TIME this month =[

But seriously, thank you all, and if I didn't thank you directly, I hope you know I appreciate it. Feel free to msg me on steam and tell me I owe you a high five!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Is there an issue with the CS:S achievement?

Played 10 rounds on a created server and no presents have dropped yet.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    Belated hat nod to AnteCanteloupe for gifting me an Xbox.

Well, not THAT Xbox, but a wonderful one all the same.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    I would also like to thank everyone who sent me gifts. I always try to thank you in thread, but Klyka's post above made me worry that maybe I forgot someone. This is a great thread/place and the people here are wonderful. Happy new year to all of you. <3

steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dungeon Defenders felt so right when I synced with one guy for levels 5 through 7, then two more people jumped in and threw us off but we carried them and finally beat it and got the cheevo and suddenly all felt right. It was a beautiful moment.

Now that that it soon will be over, I think its time we all disconnected our computers, clean up, answered one of our non electronic hobbies, and give thanks for the nice people who have supplied us with so much awesome. And pray that our non gamer friends accept the fucking game we sent them and whoever won my bloody contests accepts his fucking game!

edit: I always check my email before bed, and discovered @Frem is a magnificent bastard helping me find absolution in this cold, cold world. As soon as my computer stops shitting a brick, I will figure out if I enjoy it. Thanks for the gift.

RoyceSraphim on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Dungeon Defenders felt so right when I synced with one guy for levels 5 through 7, then two more people jumped in and threw us off but we carried them and finally beat it and got the cheevo and suddenly all felt right. It was a beautiful moment.

Now that that it soon will be over, I think its time we all disconnected our computers, clean up, answered one of our non electronic hobbies, and give thanks for the nice people who have supplied us with so much awesome. And pray that our non gamer friends accept the fucking game we sent them and whoever won my bloody contests accepts his fucking game!

edit: I always check my email before bed, and discovered @Frem is a magnificent bastard helping me find absolution in this cold, cold world. As soon as my computer stops shitting a brick, I will figure out if I enjoy it. Thanks for the gift.

I dont have any non electronic hobbies. :(

steam_sig.png
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Lepwave wrote:
    SvK wrote:
    InkSplat wrote:
    Easiest way to get an invite might be to join the chat for it.

I didn't think I could join the chat for a group I didn't belong to. Fortunately, I was promptly invited despite my ignorance.

That would be the case if the channel was private, but it's not. Anyone know who created the G&T Adventure Group to begin with? I'm thinking it was @alegis.
    @Lepwave
    I now changed the chat settings so all officers can edit this (instead of owner only - weird, I thought I set everything to 'all officers')

(the vanilla notification system is pretty neat!)

Alegis on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    okay, I've got 10 things on my wishlist. Nobody ruin that.
    Also, Spectromancer has a dude you fight named Drizell the Cool.
    I don't know whether to hate it or love it.

steam_sig.png

I dont have any non electronic hobbies. :(

I like reading. E-books. =/

camo_sig2.png
  • datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So I think I managed to contain my spending pretty well this Steam sale. Here's this year's loot:

Dungeon Defenders (via Amazon)
    Payday
    Renegade Ops (via Amazon)
    SPAZ
    Portal 2 (traded for Costume Quest)
    Oddbox Collection (won via steamgifts)
    Bastion (gifted by @Ketar )
    Greed Corp (ALSO gifted by @Ketar - you tha man!)

datac0re on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm really upset. I finally got Krampus, and beat him, and got his coal...and no achievement in Steam.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and I decided on not posting a tally.

It's not because I'm lazy, I'm keeping a list anyways, so I don't get confused, so posting it would be a matter of mere copy&paste.

However, I fear that if I post the full list of all the games that I have been gifted on my birthday and during the sale as a whole, it would most certainly lead to me being banned for life here, for being the most successful moocher of all time :mrgreen: People have been so incredibly generous to me, that it humbled me over and over again. One of my resolutions for the new year is getting back at each and every single one of you, to even out my gifting karma ;)
    I have given thanks in the thread for every gift I received, and most of the time I additionally thanked the person in question in the chat, if I managed to catch them online.

To everybody who gave me a gift: You know who you are, and I bow my head in recognition of the class that oozes from every corner of this thread :)

That being said, I have the utmost respect for all the people who frequent these forums, no matter if they gave me a gift or not, or if they received one from me. One of the things I enjoyed most was doing my little giveaway, which got more entries than I expected :) I'm also a bit (more than that, actually) sad that the sale comes to a close, because I thoroughly enjoyed the activity it has caused for this thread. I hope we can keep at least some of it up after the sale is over!

TL;DR: <3

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've only sent out 13 or 14 gifts during the holiday sale, but I have another 7 sitting in my inventory to give away, (Yes, that will bring my sent gifts total above my post count.)
    I'll wait until the new thread to post details on what those games are. I don't want my post getting lost at the end of the thread (and some of them ended up being part of the recap day sale.)
    As for that I received, @Stryker43 sent me Chantelise, @SkyTurnsRed sent me an invite to the steam group, and @AuburnTiger sent me some coal. Thanks again guys!

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So, on this, our last day and so forth... anyone played LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga? Is it worth the 12 euro funbucks? I played Lego Batman and that was fun, albeit a bit tiresome in the end.

Basically, how much Jar Jar is in this?

Edit: Also, does anyone want a copy of the original FlatOut? I'm fairly confident I will never, ever get around to it myself.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
    How do you know you picked the right gift? The same day you send it, the person buys all the DLC for it.

That was probably the best moment of this sale.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:

I got my fair share of that, but that's okay, I'm not gifting for a pat on the head. My gift-spree was directed towards people who were on my list of people that I noticed were super classy, so they deserved a little something anyway.

steam_sig.png