As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG: Exodus] - Game 7 - Turn 47: Cylon Baltar

1171819202123ยป

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    One evil cylon card

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ah so you admit to being evil!

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    No, just the card-thats why I'm getting rid of it for you-nasty card that it is

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Where are those cookies anyways?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    One card. Hope it's enough to not lose.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote:
    Where are those cookies anyways?

You keep shooting down our delivery ships!

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Small mixup on one of the contributions, just waiting for that to get cleared up.

• Options
    Unsettling Stories

9 Politics, Leadership
    Current Player Chooses
    Pass No Effect
    Fail -1 morale and each player discards 1 Skill Card and draws 1 Treachery Card
    OR
    -1 morale
    (activate raiders)
    (jump prep)

Contributions:

Politics 2 - Consolidate Power
    Politics 4 - Preventative Policy
    Politics 6 - Political Prowess

Leadership 0 - Iron Will
    Leadership 3 - Declare Emergency
    Leadership 6 - State of Emergency

Engineering 3 - Scientific Research

Piloting 2 - Full Throttle
    Piloting 3 - Maximum Firepower

12 + 9 - 3 - 5 = 13 - Pass! No effect

With a massive deployment of fleet resources, the humans manage to recover from the scandal.

Raiders activate

Chief, what order would you like to activate the raiders in?

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    May as well see if the Admiral needs to make some evasive maneuvers... Aft -> Port-Bow -> Starboard-Quarter.

• Options
    3 raiders at 3:00 attack starting with the unmanned viper.
    1d8 = 1 - Miss!
    1d8 = 8 - Viper destroyed!

The last raider moves on to attack Starbuck:
    1d8 = 1 - Miss!

2 raiders at 7:00 attack the unmanned vipers:
    1d8 = 4 - Miss!
    1d8 = 3 - Miss!

4 raiders at 1:00 advance to 3:00.

Jump prep advances. Jump risks 3 population.

Baltar, your option draw?

• Options
    Eng / piloting

• Options
    game34turn47.png

Chief of Staff in effect - Chief Tyrol may make Politics positive on any one skill check

Turn Progress:
    1. Receive Skills - 1 Pil, 1 Eng
    2. Movement Step -
    3. Action Step -
    4. Crisis Step -
    5. Activate Cylon Ships Step -
    6. Prepare for Jump Step -

Baltar, the humans are still alive. Can they hold out against your next move?

• Options
    Ugh. I'm torn again. I'm leaning towards trying to mess with Jump Prep and Activating Raiders. But, I might activate raiders and attack galacica, and try and hit the FTL control.

What say you?

• Options
    yea still torn-if I would have gone ahead and done activate raiders like you said it would probably be a no brainer-Tory hinted at having another st. planning, might want to go back and check-makes the jump prep route less favorable. 40% damaging FTL though and the chief didn't have a repair. There's no glaring obvious choice to me-your call

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yeah. I guess I'll activate raiders and attack galactica. Start with starbuck.

• Options
    ...You can activate raiders on the Basestar Bridge?

• Options
    Sadly no. You can either move and do normal raider activation or bridge-which is likely try and decrease jump prep and resolve one damage token. Unless you want to hope for a neg moral crisis.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    blahmcblah wrote:
    ...You can activate raiders on the Basestar Bridge?

...I wasn't thinking too well there.

Move to the fleet and activate raiders.

• Options
    Good luck, Admiral. We're all counting on you.

• Options
    The raiders engage the last Viper, hoping to kill it quickly and move on to the civilians. Let's see how Starbuck's piloting skills hold up.

1d8 = 2 - Miss!
    1d8 = 8 - Starbuck plays Piloting 1 - Evasive Maneuvers
    Reroll: 1d8 = 4 - 2 = 2 - Miss!
    1d8 = 1 - Miss!
    1d8 = 5 - Miss!
    1d8 = 5 - Miss!
    1d8 = 8 - Critical Hit! Viper destroyed!
    The remaining raider makes short work of Civilian A. -1 Population

The two raiders at 7:00 continue attacking the vipers:
    1d8 = 4 - Miss!
    1d8 = 2 - Miss!

• Options
    game34turn48.png

Chief of Staff in effect - Chief Tyrol may make Politics positive on any one skill check

Turn Progress:
    1. Receive Skills - 3 Pol, 1 Ldr, 1 Tac
    2. Movement Step -
    3. Action Step -
    4. Crisis Step -
    5. Activate Cylon Ships Step -
    6. Prepare for Jump Step -

Starbuck has been sent back to Sickbay after the raiders destroyed another of your Mark VII's. Tory, you have precious little time left...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Phew, Starbuck's last stand gets us home! Jump, Madam President, jump us for the win!

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Play strategic Planning and activate FTL controls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx8H7VEjfNo&feature=related

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Tory pushes the button and Galactica makes the final jump, along with a few of the last civilian ships. The remainder miss the jump coordinates and are torn to pieces by the Cylons. 1d8 = 1 + 2 = 3 - Fail! -3 Population

The humans have evaded the Cylons, but are they still able to continue?

Chief Tyrol reveals his loyalty card:

You are NOT a Cylon

Tory reveals her loyalty cards:

You are NOT a Cylon - The Final Five - Activate Cylon Ships
    If this card is examined by another player, it is immediately revealed and:
    Raiders activate
    Basestars activate
    Heavy Raiders activate

Then reshuffle this card with any other Loyalty Cards you have and return them facedown in front of you.

If this card is revealed as the result of an execution, all players must discard 2 Skill Cards.

You are NOT a Cylon - The Final Five - Examiner Sent to Brig
    If this card is examined by another player, it is immediately revealed. The player who examined this card is sent to the Brig. Then reshuffle this card with any other Loyalty Cards you have and return them facedown in front of you.

If this card is revealed as the result of an execution, all players must discard 2 Skill Cards.

Starbuck reveals her loyalty cards:

You are NOT a Cylon

You are NOT a Cylon - Personal Goal: Acquire Power
    Action: Reveal this card if you currently hold 2 or more Title Cards.
    Then, if distance is 6 or less, shuffle 1 "You Are Not A Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck and draw a new Loyalty Card.
    If you are a human player and this card has not been revealed by the end of the game, lose 1 Food.

Starbuck is infuriated at not having a chance to proclaim her great power, and eats a whole unit of food in retaliation. -1 Food

Final board:

game34final.png

The humans have successfully evaded the Cylons without running out of any resource.

Game Over - Human Victory!

Thanks everyone for playing this (very long) game.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Same-year finish! Good game everyone

• Options
    Just barely! Thanks for hosting, Tenek, and for letting me take part. It was a lot of fun for the (relatively) short time I played!

• Options
    Phyphor wrote:
    Same-year finish! Good game everyone

Just in the nick of time, too.

Awfully close game, yall.

Out of morbid curiosity, what were the next two crises?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that was an epic game.
    Thanks for running this Tenek, it seems like a ton of work, and you kept at it for 9 months?
    Was a lot of fun, and looked very bad for the humans.
    Apparently I am most of the final five.
    Cap, you turned at the sleeper right?
    Was the -1 morale ship on the board?

You are NOT a Cylon - Personal Goal: Acquire Power
    This card really needs that picture I posted of Lee as its picture.

Also, I'm going to pretend the Tylium Ship got left behind when we jumped. Serves them right.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    For morbid curiosity's sake:
    Weapon Malfunction

11 Tactics, Piloting, Engineering
    Pass No Effect
    Fail Damage 2 vipers in space areas. All characters in the "Weapons Control" location are sent to "Sickbay"
    (basestars launch raiders)

Network Computers

11 Politics, Tactics, Engineering
    Current Player Chooses
    Pass Increase the Jump Preparation track by 1.
    Fail -1 population and place 1 centurion marker at the start of the Boarding Party track.
    OR
    -1 population and decrease the Jump Preparation track by 1.
    (activate raiders)
    (jump prep)

The rest of the ships were pretty boring: a blank and a bunch of -1 population.

In addition, I would like to ask for a brief moment of silence for those executed:

Helena Cain (Turn 4, uncovered as Final Five)
    Cally Tyrol (Turn 20, airlocked by Ellen Tigh)
    Laura Roslin (Turn 22, airlocked by Gaius Baltar)
    Ellen Tigh (Turn 23, airlocked by Tory Foster)
    Gaius Baltar (Turn 26, airlocked by Bill Adama)
    William Adama (Turn 31, traumatized by the Brig)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Network Computers wouldn't have done anything, alas.

I was going to kick myself if Riots were in the cards.

Still, final thoughts.

I was a cylon since the start. I kept offering bad advice and putting in mixed cards into checks. I'm not sure if dumping most of my hand for the execution was worth it, but it was just too hilarious to not give it a shot. That was the most executions I've ever had in a game. Also, I didn't have kept giving away my negative trauma for most of the game, so it was actually kind of annoying I had to make any of the allies benevolent when I wanted to use them when I was passing.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    I thought you were human when you let me be president. Normally Presidential Toasters are pretty powerful.
    I stopped trusting you when you sat in the Press Room while everything was blowing up.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Lucky humans, apparently I should have listened to Cap and activated raiders on my turn, failure on my part. Was a cylon post-sleeper and was trying to get Cap the Presidency but apparently 38thDoe wouldn't have it. I didn't actually think there was a cylon pre-sleeper, don't think we failed a check, I blame destiny. Thanks to Tenek and everyone for the long hard fought game. If I do ever get the chance to airlock 38thDoe again I don't know how I'll be able to resist :)

PSN SeGaTai