As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Comic: Monday, Jan 2, 2012 - Side Effects May Include

2»

• akaJudgeakaJudge Registered User new member
    I, too, am only here for the hoodie.

• KozalityKozality Koz and Effect TorontoRegistered User regular
    akaJudge wrote:

Yes, but you'll stay for the Urethral Splints.

KozalitySig.png
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Kozality wrote:
    akaJudge wrote:

Yes, but you'll stay for the Urethral Splints.

And then to the emergency room.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Jesse or somethingJesse or something Registered User new member
    23cb1_funny-dog-pictures-goggie-gif-srsly.gif

Moar hoodie.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Tycho wrote:
    I will tell you something strange that happens though, and has never happened for me before anywhere in the genre; whenever I enter a tough room I always reach up to quicksave. That’s weird, right? The game is filed mentally as “single player,” despite all the evidence to the contrary.

When I started playing TOR, I found myself doing that as well.
    Got over it by now, though.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I laughed out loud. Literally.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote:
    Tycho wrote:
    I will tell you something strange that happens though, and has never happened for me before anywhere in the genre; whenever I enter a tough room I always reach up to quicksave. That’s weird, right? The game is filed mentally as “single player,” despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Ha, yes, same. I still sometimes reach for quicksave on extra hard fights, though. Mostly over it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote:
    agoaj wrote:
    A very risky move, the double doonesbury.

What kind of hoodie is Gabe wearing?

It's the "Dark Side" notification from when you pick certain dialog in The Old Republic.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, so that's why Ben Kuchera was tweeting about that thing. I was staring at the comic for a while going "....I don't get it." Having never played SWTOR (and having no intention of ever doing so) it's no surprise now that I had no clue what that was.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Gawd, his pee must come out like a soda fountain with the nozzle improperly fixed.

Aurich on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Maz- wrote:
    Tycho wrote:

Ha, yes, same. I still sometimes reach for quicksave on extra hard fights, though. Mostly over it.

Indeed. I always realize too late that I rebound F5 to be a long cooldown, and it is in fact, not quick save.

On the plus side, if it's an important fight, that's probably a worthwhile time to use it.

Unfortunately sometimes I use it right before an important conversation as well, and they aren't always followed by fights.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ShiNoKazeShiNoKaze Registered User regular
    So some people mentioned he had one in his hand, and descriptions thereof... but I'm surprised noone mentioned... he's carrying them around in his pocket! Like ready to go! WTF is it like a one time use?! Is he a pro at poppin it in when he needs it?! xD

• IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    ShiNoKaze wrote:
    So some people mentioned he had one in his hand, and descriptions thereof... but I'm surprised noone mentioned... he's carrying them around in his pocket! Like ready to go! WTF is it like a one time use?! Is he a pro at poppin it in when he needs it?! xD

No... not his pocket.

• BolerBoler Registered User regular
    Aurich wrote:
    Gawd, his pee must come out like a soda fountain with the nozzle improperly fixed.

Is there really a proper way to fix one of those?

• AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Boler wrote:
    Aurich wrote:

Is there really a proper way to fix one of those?

I can say with (regrettably) professional certainty that there is. I can even say with the same certainty that the nozzle in the clip has an inverted mixer. /shame.

• DevoiDDevoiD Australia, Mate ;)Registered User regular
    This comic almost causes physical pain to the reader... so off to a good start for 2012 :D

Surprisingly, people pay me to do computer things.
  • Istvaan ShogaatsuIstvaan Shogaatsu Registered User regular
    Man, if you guys cringe at this... never ever google "Candiru fish"

edited January 2012
    Man, if you guys cringe at this... never ever google "Candiru fish"

Is that the don't-pee-in-the-water-while-swimming fish?

Ivar on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It was until it turned out that was all silly talk. Only one guy ever claimed to have one of em crammed up his urethra, and he stuck it there himself.

Oh brilliant
    So THAT's what Girder Brand Urethral Splints are made from.