As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BUG] Can't log in on mobile

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
I am using an iPhone 3GS with iOS5 and the Safari browser that comes with it. A couple of days ago, I'm not certain certain which day, I noticed I was logged out when I went to the forums. When I signed in, it redirects me back to the main forum directory page and I am still not signed in. It is still doing this.

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I seem to have a similar issue, as I have not been able to login via mobile for at least the last two days (did not check between about 31/12-1/12).

I use HTC Sensation XE, running Android 2.3.4/Sense 3.0. I've tried both Opera Mobile 11.50 and the stock Internet Browser (not sure what version)

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fixed it myself. Looks like an update to the phone turned off cookies by itself or something. It was preventing me from logging into other places as well.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm still having this problem on my HTC Panache. I have cookies turned on, and I tried clearing my cache, etc.

Similarly, attempting to switch to the full site often fails, simply bringing me back to the mobile site forum index. how did you fix it exactly, Geek?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just cleared the cookies and also turned the switch so that it would accept them.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Hmm, seems like my password reset itself or something and that this became noticeable on mobile login about 5 days before my desktop suddenly demanded a login (which it almost never does as I don't log out). Ho-hum

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    anomalousvandalanomalousvandal Registered User regular
    Same exact problem as The Geek. iPhone 4 running iOS 5. At some point the "Accept Cookies" setting in Safari settings got set to "Never". Changed it to "From Visited" and it's fixed!

You can take letters off my username, but you cannot take my FREEDOM!!