As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    well at least nazi lolis are somewhat thematically relevant. . . It could be worse-- he could have pinky pie and a my little brony theme. . .

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote:
    You know, for a while, I thought you'd actually gone in an altered the crew art assets Bast, rather than just used photoshop on a screencap.

Nope, I think he actually did. He was all gloating last night about how he was downloading an anime voice pack for his tank crews to have some lolz. I'm starting to think now that Bastable truly is history's greatest monster. Burn Him! :bz

O.o

There better be some First Squad in there somewhere, for the Soviet crews.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    well at least nazi lolis are somewhat thematically relevant. . . It could be worse-- he could have pinky pie and a my little brony theme. . .

On the plus side to that one, rainbow camo would look pretty awesome. <_<

• Options
    G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    French tanks are official for tomorrow. I hope someone's managed to come up with an original joke about them by then.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    white flag premium ammo?

• Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    G. Cactus wrote:
    French tanks are official for tomorrow. I hope someone's managed to come up with an original joke about them by then.

Don't forget to use your promo code for the special tank after 7.1 is live

NEWYEAR

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Promo code?

• Options
    indeed, it gets you a special lend-lease and a garage port for it. Remember to have a full garage just in case they decide to grinch you on the new port.

• Options
    *buys 10 T1 Cunninghams*

Looking forward to French tanks. This is going to be interesting though ... doesn't that change the legal tanks for the challenge this month? That could ... really screw with people ...

• Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote:
    Promo code?

http://worldoftanks.com/news/909-happy-holidays-wargaming/

On the plus side to that one, rainbow camo would look pretty awesome. <_<

I almost got a Derpy Hooves(that's one of the ponies, right?) skin for my KV before the .6 patch, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    G. Cactus wrote:

I hope they release the torrent soon while I'm still at work. 20 MB/s download speed is boss and I don't want to spend my day off downloading the patch. I'm assuming it will be rather large. At least I have NCAA 12 to remedy my internet inaccess. Or I could start Skyrim, or play some Making History.

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Jeez you guys are lucky. Still no word on when the EU server will get the update.

Edit: never mind, apparently it's tomorrow, woohoo!

minirhyder on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    *buys 10 T1 Cunninghams*

Looking forward to French tanks. This is going to be interesting though ... doesn't that change the legal tanks for the challenge this month? That could ... really screw with people ...

I just asked this in the thread for discussion about it, but I would say no they shouldn't be allowed. Too many participants would be screwed over by unfamiliarity with the tanks.

EDIT: Hey, the Type 59 is getting a 5% profitability increase in .71(I don't like how they 7.1 when the client version will be .71)! Now instead of making a 100,000 credit profit, it'll be 105,000!

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/80905-world-of-tanks-71-update/page__pid__1262788#entry1262788

lostprophet on
  • Options
    *buys 10 T1 Cunninghams*

I just asked this in the thread for discussion about it, but I would say no they shouldn't be allowed. Too many participants would be screwed over by unfamiliarity with the tanks.

EDIT: Hey, the Type 59 is getting a 5% profitability increase in .71(I don't like how they 7.1 when the client version will be .71)! Now instead of making a 100,000 credit profit, it'll be 105,000!

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/80905-world-of-tanks-71-update/page__pid__1262788#entry1262788

Good, good. That said, I'm going to immediately start working on the French medium line, so you guys will have a new asset in me there soon.
    *thumbs up*

• Options

It's also going to start facing tier 9 mediums and tier 10 heavies, which is long overdue.

• Options
    Yes, but they did not increase its minimum tier value. So they will still get to beat up on the lower tiers, just not as much. Which is a step in the right direction

• Options
    BastableBastable Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I love how Russian/Slav engineers are able to make such ambivalent statements: "Fixed tank armor: IS-3 (top turret front), IS-4 (hull side and 122mm BL-9 gun mantlet)"
    So are they weaker stronger?

There is another line about fixing "inconsistent HE penetration" wait what was inconsistent about it? what was "fixed".

Are these any more informative than declaring: We have fixed tanks, you are welcome.

Bastable on
    Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• Options
    BastableBastable Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote:
    You know, for a while, I thought you'd actually gone in an altered the crew art assets Bast, rather than just used photoshop on a screencap.

Nope, I think he actually did. He was all gloating last night about how he was downloading an anime voice pack for his tank crews to have some lolz. I'm starting to think now that Bastable truly is history's greatest monster. Burn Him! :bz

Why my gunner is Unterfebwelb Insanity. I am sure this one fact will tip the scales in not burning me.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• Options
    scarescare Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bastable wrote:
    "Fixed tank armor: IS-3 (top turret front), IS-4 (hull side and 122mm BL-9 gun mantlet)"

These armor values were inadvertently lowered in 7.0. The side of the IS-4 especially was weaker in 7.0 - down from 160mm to 100mm armor iirc.

scare on
    mister_fej.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    scare wrote:
    Bastable wrote:
    "Fixed tank armor: IS-3 (top turret front), IS-4 (hull side and 122mm BL-9 gun mantlet)"

These armor values were inadvertently lowered in 7.0. The side of the IS-4 especially was weaker in 7.0 - down from 160mm to 100mm armor iirc.

Supposed 140, which was supposedly on purpose and was going to get kicked back up to 160 when it became Tier 10. I guess not, though!

• Options
    oh man, when I read those patch notes I almost blew a rage-gasket. I misread the one "increased T95 armor" as "increased Type59 armor".

If I'm primarily doing American medium tanks, and german SPGs, what motif should I take for the Red Army and the French?

• Options
    I thought it was worth sharing this. Pay attention to what tanks I destroyed. <3

shot002yj.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I thought it was worth sharing this. Pay attention to what tanks I destroyed. <3
    shot002yj.jpg

I see you're in a T-50-2. Aren't you glad you got it? The thing is fucking beast 8->

lostprophet on
  • Options
    It's not my favourite, but hey, I'll take the good results when I can. It's always fun to show people who think these tanks can't do anything how amazingly wrong they are. I almost killed an E-100 too, but kept bouncing the final hit. Ah well.

• Options
    The DermThe Derm Registered User regular
    Played a couple of French matches this AM.
    Zut alors! Les tanks francais allez très lêntement!

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
  • Options
    So, something I've been wondering about. I've been looking at recommendations in the Type 59, and aside from the rammer, which is good on any tank, it seems to be suggested that you use improved ventilation and the gun-laying drive.

I've actually bought the vertical stabilized on it, just because I do find myself firing on the move a lot. Is improved ventilation worthwhile for a 100% crew?

• Options
    so what you're saying is someone else hit the Type 59 for 99% damage and then you hit him with over a dozen shots for the kill?

/trollan

• Options
    I feed off your hate, Acid. :)

Delicious, delicious hate.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    If you're talking about me, it was a T95 (you're doing it again!), and I did about 30% because it let me stare at its butt (smartly so, rather than opening up to the rest of my tier 9/10 team).

And yes, vents are always good. Compensation for your commander going down, as well as extra abilities above and beyond 100%. Why would you not want a better gunner and driver always?

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    Conflict reports on how the math works. I don't have enough money for either (since I refuse to pay for premium anymore). I guess I'll keep on gun laying drive then.

• Options
    whoops, so I did. Carry on.

Syn, I'm fine with you in a type 59. . . the problem is entirely them.

Arg, the source of my confusion in World of Tanks and Modern Warfare 3 being my top 2 games played at the moment, where in WoT the type 59 is arguably bullshitOPh4x and in MW3 the type 95 (a Chinese burst-fire rifle) is undeniably bullshitOPh4x 420legit.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Sounds like you've got unresolved issues.

Delicious unresolved issues.

All the same, my question is a little premature anyway, since I'm poor.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    that free gold tier 2 soviet tank is a monster

fast and a very hard hitting gun with great aim for tier 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Synthesis wrote:
    So, something I've been wondering about. I've been looking at recommendations in the Type 59, and aside from the rammer, which is good on any tank, it seems to be suggested that you use improved ventilation and the gun-laying drive.

I've actually bought the vertical stabilized on it, just because I do find myself firing on the move a lot. Is improved ventilation worthwhile for a 100% crew?

I run rammer, stabilizer and wet ammo rack. I absolutely would not run it without the WAR.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    that free gold tier 2 soviet tank is a monster

fast and a very hard hitting gun with great aim for tier 2.

I gotta say, the fun of autocannons aside, it certainly meets the niche of a BT-2, with a better payoff.

G. Cactus wrote:

It's also going to start facing tier 9 mediums and tier 10 heavies, which is long overdue.

I've already been facing plenty of Tier 9 mediums (just my luck). The Tier 10s, though, different story.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Supposedly the Type 59's original matchmaking excluded it from fights with tier 9 mediums. I didn't have one, but that's what the chart said. Platooning with, say, an M6 or a Panther would get you in those battles, though.

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    I played some WoT for the first time in months today, lured out of retirement by the promise of wacky hijinks with weird French tanks. I used free XP to go up the light line to the AMX 40, with the eventual goal of the AMX 13 90. The AMX 40 did not disappoint in terms of weirdness on any level: It's a tier 4 light so it gets fucked by the matchmaker, yet it's as slow as a brick and armored like one to boot (and is about as useful for scouting purposes). Against even-tier tanks it's brutal; against higher-tier opponents it's a helpless speedbump. It also looks like it was designed by Terry Gilliam.

I had a couple of high-tier matches in it which I waddled around uselessly for a while before getting summarily dispatched, and a lower-tier matchup where I got 4 kills, Steel Wall, and something like 1000 XP without premium. One of my kills was a Char B1, the tier 4 French heavy, which is larger, less well-armored, and has worse guns than the AMX 40. What the hell.

• Options
    Incidentally, here's a pretty great replay of an AMX 13 90 beating the shit out of a few Type 59s:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=01833683126641597581

Obviously his opposition kinda sucks and/or is occupied by his teammates, but still, that autoloader allows for some insane damage-dumping in a short period of time.

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    AMX 40 pains me quite a bit. I especially loved that upgrading the engine did absolutely nothing for its awful speed.
    I just hope all this suffering pays off in the higher tiers.

• Options
    god these french tanks. More like World of Suffering. The only time they're fun is when the entire match is french tanks and we all flop around at 7km/h max speed together, shooting each other hundreds of times for no damage.

• Options
    Yeah, kinda. I have to say, though, a few more matches with the AMX 40 has cemented my high opinion of it - when you're at or near the top of the list, it's like a pocket KV! Gun kinda sucks, but damn if it's not a hardy little bastard when it's not facing giant high-tier guns.

This discussion has been closed.