As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Search Parameters

SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
Guys,

As you know, the search needs minimum length sized words (3 characters or less) to work with b/c it will crap out.

Unfortunately, that kind of kills searches for "Wii" threads.

One fix would be to decrease the size, but another workaround would be to force everyone to refer to it as a Wiii. :D

Anyone?

Squashua on

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tell me about it. :|

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    GSM wrote: »
    Tell me about it. :|

I thought I just did.

Squashua on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And 360 and PS3 as well.

It'll also kill WoW and a bunch of other MMORPG abbreviations, which could end up being a big issue as well soon.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    jothki wrote: »
    And 360 and PS3 as well.

It'll also kill WoW and a bunch of other MMORPG abbreviations, which could end up being a big issue as well soon.

Not it'll also kill... it does kill. You currently cannot search for 3-character words.

Now, I understand the rationale: it will kill the search servers, but I wonder if the three-letter words are restricted to a short "set" of words (Wii, PS3, WOW, etc.), it might not be as bad; it would require some load testing though.

Squashua on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Search for "wii*"

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Search for "wii*"

Not being pushy, just recommending you insert some sort of "formal note" about that cool trick on the search page, probably in the "Search by Key Words" box.

Squashua on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2007
    I'd like it if the word restriction was taken away entirely so I can ego search CT again

Tube on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd like it if the word restriction was taken away entirely so I can ego search CT again

At least you have the alternative of searching for "Cardboard Tube" or even "Tube".

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    but he knows that whenever we badmouth him we use "CT" since he then can't find our offending posts

Deusfaux on