As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell my wife I said, "[chat]."

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Eddy wrote:
    Daxon wrote: »

Do you have to play as a Japanese style person?

Cause I'd rather play as some European fella.

IIRC you can slaughter the Dutch missionaries

so there's that?

I haven't tried Empire: Total War but I think that one's late 18th century through Napoleon's shenanigans. And there's Medieval 2: Total War.

Empire's AI was beyond broken

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What's the prize for beating Ruby?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Zampanov wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    wazilla wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:
    isn't there a way you can use some mimic spell to chain Knights of the Round?

W-Summon, Knights of the Round, Mimic. Everything dies.

Ruby casts Ultima on your party after every knights of the round. :(

Reflect, homeslice.

reflect

can't reflect aoe can you? I forget

It does not, if I recall right.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    emnmnme wrote:

Aeris comes back for the dead.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:

I forget

Mostly the satisfaction of beating the most retarded hard fight in the game.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I am going to test drive a WRX tomorrow or Sat

:O

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:
    I mean, like, you can see the indecision immediately even in the last patched versions of Age of Mythology. People start with towers so that it's comparatively easy to fend off early harassment. But the towers are practically wet tissue paper. What's up with that?

And every single god damn unit has crush damage (bonus against buildings).

Rise of Nations is a hell of better game for balace.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

I forget

Yeah, there is pretty much no real benefit. I think you get a Gold chocobo? But by then you should already have one. :P

• Options

Oooooh, so much fun. Be sure to work that turbo!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    They made buildings really weak to encourage a faster pace than Age of Empires II, apparently. Even units that didn't have crush damage could still do a lot of damage to a building in short order, since buildings had crappy hack armor as well.

But yeah ES never understood how to balance. Microsoft apparently discouraged rapid patching, too.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    It annoys me in Civilisation that the only way the opponents get harder is if they are allowed to cheat.

Rather than the AI becoming more intelligent (which is admittedly a very difficult thing to do but still)

I want a sentient AI. Just a single one, it would be my companion and could oppose or coop with me in games and also organise my life and all kinds of sweet stuff.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    Zampanov wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

I forget

Yeah, there is pretty much no real benefit. I think you get a Gold chocobo? But by then you should already have one. :P

yeah that's right you get the desert rose which you trade for a gold chocobo in kalm or wherever

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Nova_C wrote:

Oooooh, so much fun. Be sure to work that turbo!

I will, but only because I will buy a different model if I do get one.

Cause you have to keep it under 3k RPMs for the first 1k (or 3k? I forget) miles to break it in :l

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    has ANYONE played Star Ocean: Second Story?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    It annoys me in Civilisation that the only way the opponents get harder is if they are allowed to cheat.

Rather than the AI becoming more intelligent (which is admittedly a very difficult thing to do but still)

I want a sentient AI. Just a single one, it would be my companion and could oppose or coop with me in games and also organise my life and all kinds of sweet stuff.

It asking you to find Sarah Conner for it would get old after a while.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:

siri, stop using the english! longbows are cheating!

--I've found three locations nearby that carry tissues to dry your tears:

• Options
    Mim wrote:

nope

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Mim wrote:

I did, I remember getting frustrated and giving up. I remember wanting to like it.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

The only thing that I'd worry about is if it felt I was treating it right.

I'd be genuinely worried I was hurting its feelings or making it unhappy by having it as what is essentially a slave worker.

• Options
    One of the guys at work has not seen any James Cameron film.

Like, what?

How does one exist without have seen at least one of: Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss or Terminator 2?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I hate how this book starts calling Pitt "Chatham" after he becomes the Earl of Chatham.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Daxon wrote:

siri, stop using the english! longbows are cheating!

--I've found three locations nearby that carry tissues to dry your tears:

Like once when I was playing Skyrim and had Lydia (one of the companions) with me I wished I could have just said to my computer "okay you go take care of the guys up on that wall there, and I'll sort out the folks in the courtyard."

and it could just be done..

edit: instead lydia stood around, got hit by arrows until she was low health and crouched down and I had to take care of everything.

Daxon on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote:
    Zampanov wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    wazilla wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:

Reflect, homeslice.

reflect

You cannot reflect Ultima! It is EXTREME MAGIC!

I never beat Ruby because quicksand was bullshit.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:

Like, what?

How does one exist without have seen at least one of: Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss or Terminator 2?

Or True Lies. Seriously.

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

I'd be genuinely worried I was hurting its feelings or making it unhappy by having it as what is essentially a slave worker.

Wait, did you want a sapient AI?

• Options
    dis a cute shirt http://www.teefury.com/

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

I think my next vehicle will be a WRX. My roommate wants an STI because he's dumb and likes spending money he doesn't have.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The greatest pleasures are only narrowly separated from disgust. ~ Cicero

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:

Like, what?

Or True Lies. Seriously.

True Lies is great, but each of the four movies I mentioned are genre defining films that set the bar by which other movies are judged.

I don't think True Lies quite qualifies. :P But I love it nonetheless.

• Options
    wazilla wrote:
    Vanguard wrote:
    Zampanov wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    wazilla wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:

Reflect, homeslice.

reflect

if I remember the fight correctly two big keys to fighting ruby were starting the fight with two dead people because otherwise ruby would just fuck you up right away, and the fact that stop works on his ass

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bogart wrote:
    ronya wrote:
    Mim, did you try Age of Mythology?

I loved loved loved Age of Mythology.

My first "real job" (eg: not working at the mall or something) was as a tester for that game.

It was pretty but so very, very unbalanced. There are so many ways to just straight up break the system they put together.

the norse were the overpowered ones, correct? I got that impression from the few multiplayer games that I got into.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

"Siri, start evolving"

"Whatever you say, boss"

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:

I watched my cousin almost beat it. I say almost because he's been stuck in the final boss for 5 years.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote:
    wazilla wrote:
    Vanguard wrote:
    Zampanov wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    wazilla wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:

Reflect, homeslice.

reflect

if I remember the fight correctly two big keys to fighting ruby were starting the fight with two dead people because otherwise ruby would just fuck you up right away, and the fact that stop works on his ass

This. That's how I did it.

• Options
    wazilla wrote:

I think my next vehicle will be a WRX. My roommate wants an STI because he's dumb and likes spending money he doesn't have.

I want a WRX. When I bought my Impreza, a WRX was about $100 per month more than I could afford, so I'm hoping to get one soon.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

Wait, did you want a sapient AI?

do distinguish that from a sentient one, please.

• Options
    wazilla wrote:

I want an STI too

but they are so expensive

• Options
    too many sexually transmitted infections around

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mim wrote:

yup. wasn't impressed by it.

This discussion has been closed.