As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft2] Trash micro but win--is marine.

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Aw, don't be like that :(

Real doing some kickass sentry drops.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    forcefieldsssssss

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    this though, this isn't broken

it's the medivacs

what do you do here, counter attack immediately? he's not getting up that ramp.

(I don't actually think this is "broken" at all)

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    this though, this isn't broken

it's the medivacs

what do you do here, counter attack immediately? he's not getting up that ramp.

(I don't actually think this is "broken" at all)

just gotta stop it from happening to begin with.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

REAL FIGHTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

• RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Real forcefielding, like a boss toss.

76561197968655073.png
    awww shit

dimaga 8 pooling

edited January 2012
    fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReaL takes 3-0/6-0!!!!!!!!!!!

Dhalphir on
    forcefieldsssssssssssss

Wowza.

When are we likely to see VODs? I want to see the games vs Adelscott and Attero.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Protoss winning or losing hinges so much on forcefields it is just ridiculous. Not so much imbalance as just bad design to make the survivability and strength of a race so based around 1 spell.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    If last year is anything to go by... a couple months.

I should cheer for cloud, he's italian right?

yay mkp

oh shit there's a bunch more groups. I feel like this tourney snuck up on me.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    That outtro video for the day was so cash. Very very jealous of those guys right now because that looks like the most fun you could possibly have.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Something is seriously wrong with me.

I keep reading interrobang's name as interracial gang bang.

76561197968655073.png
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Moman's casting on stream two is GLORIOUS

I can't stop laughing at his french sarcasm
    http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_taketv2?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.teamliquid.net

ed: and now it's over, bm. Real got in there to cast too, his english is actually really good.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Rofflor wrote:
    Something is seriously wrong with me.

I keep reading interrobang's name as interracial gang bang.

it's not even the same amount of letters! D:

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote:
    Protoss winning or losing hinges so much on forcefields it is just ridiculous. Not so much imbalance as just bad design to make the survivability and strength of a race so based around 1 spell.
    I can agree to this, but it's been that way since launch; I've a hard time seeing it "fixed".

MMMig wrote:
    Moman's casting on stream two is GLORIOUS

I can't stop laughing at his french sarcasm
    http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_taketv2?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.teamliquid.net

ed: and now it's over, bm. Real got in there to cast too, his english is actually really good.

I missed that! Damn!

His English actually used to be really terrible but its way better in the last few months.

I don't really think it's bad design, personally.

it adds an element to gameplay that can be frustrating for both sides, but that doesn't make it bad.

it limits micro... if you let yourself get trapped. and there are ways around it (burrow, emp, dodging them/not engaging)

Panda4You wrote:
    jaziek wrote:
    I can agree to this, but it's been that way since launch; I've a hard time seeing it "fixed".

I can't see how they can change this, though.

The only way to fix Protoss' reliance on forcefields in the midgame is to buff gateway units significantly to enable them to scale better into the midgame. This they cannot do, because a zealot + stalker combo is already the most potent army at that point in the game. Chrono'd units out of a pair of normal gateways early on would beat literally every zerg in the world constantly if gateway units were any more powerful.

• chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    Dear EU Protoss,
    Please stop teching to High Templar and Archons so damn quickly, but when I EMP them with cloaked ghosts, please keep telling me to "fu ck myself".

Makes my day. :)

Kind Regards,
    Kafu.

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
    Dhalphir wrote:
    Panda4You wrote:
    jaziek wrote:

The only way to fix Protoss' reliance on forcefields in the midgame is to buff gateway units significantly to enable them to scale better into the midgame. This they cannot do, because a zealot + stalker combo is already the most potent army at that point in the game. Chrono'd units out of a pair of normal gateways early on would beat literally every zerg in the world constantly if gateway units were any more powerful.

What do you think about giving force fields hit points?

Seems like it would solve the problem, more or less.

• TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    2-9 for this session <3<3<3

Why do I even play this game. Why do I play zerg.

edited January 2012
    Dhalphir wrote:
    Panda4You wrote:
    jaziek wrote:

All ins would be too strong. Protoss has no such thing as Bunkers, so forcefields are the only reliable way of solving a heavy-duty baneling bust. There is already a brutal baneling bust that hits off 2 base that doesn't matter how much you've reinforced your wall with big buildings, it'll still bust right on through with about 10 banelings, and forcefields are THE only way to stop it. You'd have to give them more hitpoints than a building to avoid making such strategies too strong against Protoss, and if you give them more hitpoints than a building, given they only last for 20 seconds they may as well not have hitpoints anyway.

Dhalphir on
    Interesting.

Anyway, bed time.

Sceptre wrote:
    Aw, don't be like that :(

Real doing some kickass sentry drops.

I love the style so much.

• redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:
    Dhalphir wrote:
    Panda4You wrote:
    jaziek wrote:

All ins would be too strong. Protoss has no such thing as Bunkers, so forcefields are the only reliable way of solving a heavy-duty baneling bust. There is already a brutal baneling bust that hits off 2 base that doesn't matter how much you've reinforced your wall with big buildings, it'll still bust right on through with about 10 banelings, and forcefields are THE only way to stop it. You'd have to give them more hitpoints than a building to avoid making such strategies too strong against Protoss, and if you give them more hitpoints than a building, given they only last for 20 seconds they may as well not have hitpoints anyway.

You can just give forcefields a non-structure classification so banelings don't do bonus damage to you. I mean I'm not sure how they'd calibrate this but if in a bust scenario you are even trading 4 banes for a forcefield unless its some mythical 56 baneling bust I think you would be fine. The forcefield HP idea is more for the durhur sentry got near a ramp before your units popped checkmate thing.

• SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    To stop the forcefield on ramp thing Zerg's just need to spread their units around their base.

Just like Protoss against Terran drops!

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    sentry drops arent bs

the ff on a ramp during a nomal x gate attack on the natural is bs though

• hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    TheBog wrote:
    2-9 for this session <3<3<3

Why do I even play this game. Why do I play zerg.

Because reading your opponent correctly, building just enough counter to stop each push, and hulking out to a 5-base chitin tsunami that throws 45 larva worth of death across the map every few seconds is the Best Feeling in Starcraft™?

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    815165 wrote:
    sentry drops arent bs

the ff on a ramp during a nomal x gate attack on the natural is bs though

the whole single FF on ramp is just plain ridiculous
    especially since there is NOTHING you can do about it

anyway, just don't let it happen, I guess
    which is bs

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    To deal with sentry drops, as soon as you see the warp prism put half your army in your main and half in the natural, and don't let the prism unload fully anywhere before you engage the units.

To deal with ramp forcefields, put your spines further forward so that you aren't fighting at the hatchery. This is a good idea regardless of the ramp forcefields, because in a battle a hatchery and mineral lines are like big permanent forcefields.

edited January 2012
    Forcefields are no more bullshit than roaches anyway.

Whats that, half the cost of a stalker, does more damage, takes more damage, and moves faster even off creep?

That sounds reasonable.

Dhalphir on
    I don't mind force fields, and I don't mind ramps.

I mind single force fields on a ramp cuts your base in half and there's nothing you can do about it.
    The fact that it can so easily be done and changes a tide so much is just bad design.

Anyway, looks like I'll be listening to this while I ladder / stream from now on, holding down the R key and calling everyone I play horrible.
    Especially force-fielding bro-tosses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu8U25ZDQy8&amp;feature=related

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    dhal is right

its bullshit that roaches cant shoot up

• SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Stalkers are pretty shit at shooting up.

theyre pretty shitty at shooting

1.1dps less than a roach ><

Stalkers are really good if the thing they are shooting isn't shooting back at them.

Once it is, everything kind of falls to shit.