As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread of happiness, positivity, gratitude and griping about stuff

redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfixRegistered User regular
edited January 2012 in Social Entropy++
I want to thank the couple dozen people that said very nice, and/or supportive things via the forumer opinion thread (this thread/post isn't purely a rehash of that) and I realized from the multitude of mentions of my recent (and less recent) difficulties, that I have been bitching a lot.

Welp, enough of that shit. This thread is for being happy, positive, upbeat, and grateful. Otherwise, get the fuck out ;)

I'm thrilled that things are heading in the right direction, that i'm healthy and safe and have stuff to eat. I have a son that's goddamn ricidulously amazing, hilarious, sweet, and adorable as hell.
Seriously, check out this badass.

Sup peeps. What are you happy about?

redfenix on

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    You got your URL tag backwards

I'm happy about it because it made me laugh?

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm pretty positive about my dick

I mean it's huge

And also very powerful

Solar on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I like this thread

I'm going to hang out in this thread

I am super happy these days

(blame @Javen)

Sheri on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    But for reals

I am so glad my friends are such great guys

I never had that many good friends as a kid and now as I get older I find that I have a fantastic circle of friends in RL as well as on the boards. Thanks people!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    seriously though your son is totes adorbs

• redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Keith wrote:
    You got your URL tag backwards

I'm happy about it because it made me laugh?

boy was my face red
    Keith wrote:
    seriously though your son is totes adorbs

:D thanks... I'm a fan

redfenix on
    I'm also happy because I put a lot of different stuff on my ipod
    and now i'm listening to ella fitzgerald at work

who is Stareosarus? they have a short and PAX-centric post history

I mean hi! @Stareosarus, i just don't know you :)

Woo! Hi!

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I'm happy I got to give a bunch of stuff in Secret Saints!

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    just responding to something i missed in the opinion thread

@Aneurhythmia
    thorgot - I dug dropping into games of CS with Thorgot, even the weird D/s, Stanford Prison Experiment style prison roleplaying.

believe me, i make the same mental comparison to the stanford prison experiment every time i play

but then i remember that in the real stanford prison experiment, the prisoners didn't rise up and kill all the guards

which probably would have made the experiment more fun, too

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i am happy

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I know I'm awesome, but it's nice to see people on the internets confirm it. Now excuse me, I need to do more lab monkey work for my corporate overlords.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    redfenix wrote:

Where are you working now?

JoeUser wrote:
    I'm happy I got to give a bunch of stuff in Secret Saints!

This

Though I didn't get to give as much as I'd hoped

JoeUser wrote:
    redfenix wrote:

Where are you working now?

Just temp work still, been at this assignment since Sep or so.. will probably be finished in a couple weeks hopefully, then on to something bigger and more lucrative (I hope!)

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm happy to have a decent job in a fairly relaxed environment, even if it doesn't thrill me terribly.

BLM - ACAB
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    your son seems to have mastered the impudent floppy-hand gesture

like a vain little princeling who finds his father's generals boring and farts in the pudding

hilarious

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm happy my mother in law is gone for a few days

Seriously it's nice to have someone to watch the kids when I go to work but a) they are becoming very spoiled and losing the discipline I'm trying to instill in them and b) I'm tired of having every decision I make as a father questioned like it's not really up to me

So a few days without that shit? Awesome

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    oh man a bitchy mother-in-law

classic

Skull Man wrote:
    your son seems to have mastered the impudent floppy-hand gesture

like a vain little princeling who finds his father's generals boring and farts in the pudding

hilarious

Like simba, he's the master of all he surveys
    and he didnt' even need me to be murdered by a gay nazi lion

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I'm happy it's Friday?

• MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    I'm happy to have a decent job in a fairly relaxed environment, even if it doesn't thrill me terribly.

This sums up my current position quite nicely. This is because money does indeed buy or enable happiness.

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I'm trying to look at my life in a more positive way, even if it's hard.

I'm happy I have the day off today and I'm happy I get to hang out with people I like.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'm happy knowing I'll get to be out of this town in about 7 months

I really need a change

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote:
    I'm happy it's Friday?

OH GOD THIS

Janson wrote:
    Syphyre wrote:
    I'm happy it's Friday?

OH GOD THIS

I'm off Friday, Saturday and Sunday

I LOVE FRIDAY

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm off for the weekend and don't work at my second job till next Thursday. Woo!

Meiz wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

This sums up my current position quite nicely. This is because money does indeed buy or enable happiness.

while i can respect this, and i understand the sentiment, I would happily sign up for say, six months of soul-draining, dirty, exhausting, terrible work to be debt free. I'd basically do any job short of assassination (and probably that too if the targets were jerks) or stealing from old people. Granted, debt-free in 6 months for me would be basically...$150,000 a year income.

I'll get it figured out, though.

I get to go shopping after work for clothes if I'm not too tired squeeeeeeeeeeeee

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I'm happy because I'm making positive changes in my life

Also despite him appearing to be a grumpy butt a lot of the time, Dru takes really good care of me when I have crappy days and that's awesome

woo for Dru!

redfenix wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

while i can respect this, and i understand the sentiment, I would happily sign up for say, six months of soul-draining, dirty, exhausting, terrible work to be debt free. I'd basically do any job short of assassination (and probably that too if the targets were jerks) or stealing from old people. Granted, debt-free in 6 months for me would be basically...$150,000 a year income.

Consider looking into bankrupcy. It's not that terrible, imposes some restrictions but you might be able to start fresh a lot sooner.

Usagi wrote:
    I'm happy because I'm making positive changes in my life

Also despite him appearing to be a grumpy butt a lot of the time, Dru takes really good care of me when I have crappy days and that's awesome

OMG you guys make me barf <3

• NumerosNumeros Goodness GraciousRegistered User regular
    redfenix wrote:
    while i can respect this, and i understand the sentiment, I would happily sign up for say, six months of soul-draining, dirty, exhausting, terrible work to be debt free.

Alright disregard what I said about buying you a car when I win the lottery

You're gonna earn it

Meiz wrote:
    redfenix wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

Consider looking into bankrupcy. It's not that terrible, imposes some restrictions but you might be able to start fresh a lot sooner.

I am. Incidentally, I'm meeting with a lawyer this afternoon, to go after the ~37,000 cc debt. However, I have about 70k in student loan debt that I can't get resolved via bankruptcy, ill still be saddled with it.

Still, progress!

This discussion has been closed.