As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2012 BYOC Info/FAQ - Post-Event Feedback starts on page 14

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As it was said major things (monitor, tower, or a laptop) are barcoded and are scanned in/out. Just use common sense and don't lay easily pocketable things laying around. Cant track everything.

Items have gone missing but its always been little things from people leaving them lay around.

Easiest way to secure your stuff is make friends with the people you are sitting around. 90% of the time when someone sees someone other than you screwing with the things plugged into your computer, they will say something.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    Sure looks like we are leaning sideways. Any word BigRed?

steam_sig.png
    Haterot wrote:
    Sure looks like we are leaning sideways. Any word BigRed?

Waiting for the building to settle on a layout.

Holidays are getting in the way. Turns out most of the corporate world has xmas through new years off :P

Except for me.
    Fuckers.
    (I have been interneting all day at work cause *nobody* is here)

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    "BigRed wrote:
    Holidays are getting in the way. Turns out most of the corporate world has xmas through new years off :P

Except for me.
    Fuckers.
    (I have been interneting all day at work cause *nobody* is here)
    If it's any consolation, I'm working this week, too - and nobody is at the office here, either. Which means I keep checking the forums, and keep getting excited when I see that you've posted to this thread . . . tease :P

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• StormWolfStormWolf Registered User regular
    I do believe we have gone sideways...

Happy New Year!

• thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    just a few suggestions for main tournaments this year...

TF2 (still popular)
    Tribes: Ascend (free to play, currently in beta, should be out in time...)
    Battlefield 3 (team deathmatch)
    Starcraft 2 (if you can get the bandwidth for battlenet)

maybe some retro game tournaments in the byoc area? (quake1 or quake2, duke3d, etc...)

• japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    Don't forget Civ5 ;-) although its sorta hard to do in one night, but could be fun

7jIDTca.png
    PREPARE YOURSELVES!

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    PREPARE YOURSELVES!

2005849-fe2dc_ORIG-my_body_is_ready_super.jpg

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    How dare you spoil my PC thread with a console figurehead.

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    he is? that was just the first thing i got in a "my body is ready" google search.

Edit: just found out that guy is the president of Nintendo America.. Excellent! :D

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Red it's a meme. Why care who he is?

Also BYOC yay!

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I've always wondered why in Seattle they go after BYOC for space, it seams that because they charge for it, it might have a slightly higher priority than some of the other conferences, or maybe I'm just being a silly goose and I'm missing something glaringly obvious from working a bizarre day at work.

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Supergluing finger to F5 key now, hold on to your potatoes Mr. Jones!

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Exodus!!! Your going to do the BYOC? neat. How about your stylish +1?

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote:
    Exodus!!! Your going to do the BYOC? neat. How about your stylish +1?

Definitely! Henry will be there too, wouldn't be PAX without the BYOC =D

Must.... not... leave... computer...

Decius wrote:
    Red it's a meme. Why care who he is?

Also BYOC yay!

Your face is a meme.

• FuzzDadFuzzDad Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I missed last years event because i wasn't following here, @East_BYOC, @Official_PAX, and the PAXEast web site on an hourly basis...NO MOAR!

I do need to come up w/script that alerts me with a MASSIVE alarm on the next @EAST_BYOC tweet??

FuzzDad on
    Yes, Official_PAX tweeted a link... its still broken, hold on.

Ill send it out on East_BYOC when fixed.

I was just able to register myself and my sons and pay via PayPal.

FuzzDad wrote:
    I was just able to register myself and my sons and pay via PayPal.

Really? We keep running into paypal certificate errors over here

• RooslinRooslin Registered User regular
    i had the same problem i used the orange button on the top right instead and it worked

• The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    When I saw the link from official pax, I went through the registration. I got the certificate error initially, but thought it was related to using my cell phone. I saw the orange pay button and tried that and it worked. The site shows that I have a $0.00 balance, but it wont let me select a seat.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
    When I saw the link from official pax, I went through the registration. I got the certificate error initially, but thought it was related to using my cell phone. I saw the orange pay button and tried that and it worked. The site shows that I have a $0.00 balance, but it wont let me select a seat.

There is no seating chart. Seating is first come first served.

Rooslin wrote:
    i had the same problem i used the orange button on the top right instead and it worked

Huh, I hit the orange button and it just brings me to the make a payment screen and I have to click the pay $30 button at the bottom left.

The web site lists me as confirmed payment with paypal...should see my bank account drop tomorrow...that would prove it.

Well it appears the certificate issue is now fixed.

Its just the attendee list thats borked.

• The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:

Cool, I must have missed that when I had the page up on my cell phone. I guess I should be good to go then :)

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I just clicked the link that East_BYOC posted and it still says

Oops! We're working out some back end quirks, and hope to have registration open soon. Sorry about the delay!

Even thought it still says that, you can click on the "Reservations" tab and successfully book. I know, I just did so!

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
    flatline wrote:
    I just clicked the link that East_BYOC posted and it still says

Oops! We're working out some back end quirks, and hope to have registration open soon. Sorry about the delay!

That was up there for a while, you still should be able to register/pay cause others are doing so. The attendee list is a low pri issue.

• hendusoonehendusoone Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm registered. And, I've seen the available ticket count decreasing... When I first looked, it was at 349 remaining. It's now showing 329 remaining.

8hiRK4y.png
    yup... they're moving fast...

• nollienollie Registered User regular
    Just curious where you saw how many seats were left? Anyways mines booked and paid for! Can't wait! :DD

Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
    Pax East '12 checklist: [x] 3 day pass, [x] hotel booked, [x] byoc seat registered, [ ] cookies baked, [ ] omegathon won.
  • xBanzai89xBanzai89 Registered User regular
    Do you actually reserve your seat online for this? That is my step 3, but it isn't working and I do not remember having that last year unless there was a large group of people.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    If I recall correctly, last year it asked you the name of each participant if you were purchasing more than one seat. This year, I'm not seeing a place to change the names for the other two seats I'm purchasing (i.e. they all show my name). Is that OK, or will I run into a problem with being a suspected scalper if I purchase them this way?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    xBanzai89 wrote:
    Do you actually reserve your seat online for this? That is my step 3, but it isn't working and I do not remember having that last year unless there was a large group of people.
    BigRed wrote:

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Two spots registered and paid for!

AN9buWz.png
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    I'm in with no problems this time. Got lucky and hit the forums up today. Time to get this PC started. I'm slacking...

• SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    Done and done with no errors. 280 spots left

[x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass