As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I love cats. I love every kind of cat.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    It's so ridiculously awsome.

Cool! Post pics in the Saints thread when you get a chance! :)

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    awww! adorable!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    yay

broken image link
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote:
    I'm going to talk about my Corgi in here. I am very sad for her. She is 11 1/2 and her back is all fucked up. She has at least 1 enflamed disc in her back and she can barely use her back legs. She walks with a wobble and falls down constantly and its started to effect her bladder a bit. I got her at 7 years old and she had previously lived in a house with very steep stairs, which are like the bane of Corgis everywhere. It sucks the more because she is still so full of energy and pep. I'm seriously considering getting her a set of wheels so she can pull herself around better.
    All my cuddles for your corgi :(

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Ugh, I really need to figure out a way to stop a cat from getting all up in my face at night. He likes the white noise machine, and it's winter so I guess he also wants warmth, so he pretty much demands sleeping right up against my arm and/or face no matter how much I push him off the bed, or try to set up a comfy place to sleep next to the white noise machine on the night stand.

Any ideas? He seems to be a basically untrainable cat that does not give a shit about anything you do to him.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @webguy20, my sympathies for you and your poor corgi. :(

@Septus, our cats have pretty much stopped sleeping on our bed (which they were doing EVERY night, or on Dubh's bed), ever since we provided them with perches in warm spaces. That means a pillow on the desk next to the computer, and now it means their new cat tree! It also probably helps that our apartment is fairly evenly heated now. They're so comfortable Shara has even stopped waking us up for food in the morning.

(She still watches us shower, but I think it's also mainly because the heater in the bathroom is pretty effective, and we put it on in the early morning for when we step out of the shower).

Speaking of which:

cat_shark.jpg

They love the shark! Shara in particular (she also sits on it). She likes the love sac in general, really.

and here's their new cat tree:

cat_tree.jpg

It's an instant success! They were using the scratching posts (legs) and exploring the house before I'd even assembled it. It took 5 seconds for Sugar to reach the top, and she remained there all evening (until Shara decided she wanted to play, and was not going to take no for an answer). They also used it all night.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    How cute! It's good that they're finally giving you guys more space at night.

JoeUser wrote:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Hah, the height of the tree reminds me of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZAfYVE39gc

which I kind of secretly really want.

Anyways, we don't have room for something like what you have, but I may see if I can find a safe heating pad to leave on all night, to spice up the attractiveness of our nightstand. But ugh, spending money on cats.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Ohh my kitty would have loved that, Septus.

Until it bats at the suction cup one too many times.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Do those bricks look like wooden blocks to anyone else?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    We got a new member of the family today. Sammy just chilling after a long day of being on a plane to get here.
    Sammy2_06Jan2012.jpg

Hunter on
    That sunny seat is a smart idea... but I'm also a little dubious of its claims! At least with our cats...

I haven't suffered allergic reactions to our cats in several weeks, now! :D I think the gradual exposure has finally worked.

@Hunter, eeeeeeee!

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    We got a new member of the family today. Sammy just chilling after a long day of being on a plane to get here.
    1325890981.jpg

:D

He fell asleep on the couch next to me. Poor little guy is fried.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You all have the most adorable animals!

makes me miss my kitties and puppy back in the states.

JoeUser, that siamese is absolutely precious, reminds me of my grandmother's girl Shinga. So glad I found this thread!

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    @webguy20, my sympathies for you and your poor corgi. :(

@Septus, our cats have pretty much stopped sleeping on our bed (which they were doing EVERY night, or on Dubh's bed), ever since we provided them with perches in warm spaces. That means a pillow on the desk next to the computer, and now it means their new cat tree! It also probably helps that our apartment is fairly evenly heated now. They're so comfortable Shara has even stopped waking us up for food in the morning.

(She still watches us shower, but I think it's also mainly because the heater in the bathroom is pretty effective, and we put it on in the early morning for when we step out of the shower).

Speaking of which:

cat_shark.jpg

They love the shark! Shara in particular (she also sits on it). She likes the love sac in general, really.

and here's their new cat tree:

cat_tree.jpg

It's an instant success! They were using the scratching posts (legs) and exploring the house before I'd even assembled it. It took 5 seconds for Sugar to reach the top, and she remained there all evening (until Shara decided she wanted to play, and was not going to take no for an answer). They also used it all night.

We used to have a cat tree that was just the pillar and platforms, but it reached all the way to the ceiling (it actually had a padded spring-thing that pushed against the ceiling to keep it from wobbling or falling over) and our cats loved it. Eventually it wore out and we had to get rid of it, but your post makes me want to buy another, or perhaps one like yours. I don't know where we'd put it, but that doesn't really matter all that much compared to our kitties enjoyment!

JtgVX0H.png
    That sounds neat!

Apparently with that brand (Armakat), you can buy replacement platforms/scratching posts. So if your cats favour one particular spot and that wears out but the rest is okay, you can simply pay for a new part.

Yes, I am already very, very glad I got it, because the cats love it so! My dad (a vet) was making me feel ever so slightly guilty the other day re. providing enough entertainment for our indoor cats - they obviously require a little more stimulation than cats that go outside. It's definitely a good investment.

Our apartment's not huge, but we weren't really able to use the space in front of that window/sliding door anyway! Not as if we could put bookshelves or a chair there.

Another picture. About 10 minutes of awake time, then back to sleeping.

Sammy_06Jan2012.jpg

D'aw! Well, he has a lot of growing to do!

I need to get a picture of our cat condo.

Full size he'll be about 50 to 55 pounds.

Here's his sire. About average for a male.

KrackerGrass.jpg

Hunter, your puppy is fucking adorable!

And please do, JoeUser!

JtgVX0H.png
    Yesss, Joe, you do!

The dog is sleeping on my wife's lap, and chasing dream cattle in Blue Heeler slumber land while making little noises. It's like he's laying the cute on extra thick just to make sure we keep him around.

Hehe! Awww, I miss having a dog. Although I don't miss the farting and the burping and the hairs everywhere.

So yesterday Shara and Sugar were on the tree, and Shara was on the level above Sugar. She was leaning over the side, attempting to bat Sugar in the head. Sugar notices Shara's paw and looks up... at which point Shara hastily withdraws her paw and smooooothly transitions into licking it - 'oh what? Me, attack you? Never!' I wish I'd caught it on video!

Ahahaha, my cats would do that to my wife and I as we'd walk by. We'd see motion out of the corner of our eye and turn and they'd just be there, looking all innocent and shit.

Or they would actually succeed and snag one of their claws in my scalp as I walked by, ouch.

JtgVX0H.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    We don't have a cat tree thing up (we used to, but it got put into storage), but right now we've got a mattress standing up propped against a wall in a hallway. So one of our cats will just scramble 7' straight up the side of it and lounge on top.

SabreMau on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    That sunny seat is a smart idea... but I'm also a little dubious of its claims! At least with our cats...

I haven't suffered allergic reactions to our cats in several weeks, now! :D I think the gradual exposure has finally worked.

Yeah I do not have nearly the problem with my girlfriend's pets anymore that I used to, allergy wise. I guess it just gets better over time with those animals.

Also Hunter that is the best dog.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    So today I was offered the opportunity to get a Siberian Husky puppy from a friend of mine. I'm thinking really really hard about doing it. I already did all the checks with my apartment complex and the breed is allowed and everything.

• intropintrop Registered User regular
    2008-06-18-levi-innocent-1172.jpg
    Levi says "hi," and is mightily disappointed there are no cats to play with.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh my, what a dapper young fellow

I just wanna scratch behind his floppy ears

godmode wrote:
    So today I was offered the opportunity to get a Siberian Husky puppy from a friend of mine. I'm thinking really really hard about doing it. I already did all the checks with my apartment complex and the breed is allowed and everything.

Oh man, I hope you have the time/energy for a husky!

Janson wrote:
    godmode wrote:

Oh man, I hope you have the time/energy for a husky!

Quite honestly, I have nothing but time. And I need an excuse to exercise more anyway! Plus we happen to have a very large courtyard right outside our back door, a few soccer fields across the street, and a regular dog park a few blocks down. I plan on making plenty of time to play with her, if I go through with it! :D

Awesome! :^:

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    That sounds neat!

Apparently with that brand (Armakat), you can buy replacement platforms/scratching posts. So if your cats favour one particular spot and that wears out but the rest is okay, you can simply pay for a new part.

Yes, I am already very, very glad I got it, because the cats love it so! My dad (a vet) was making me feel ever so slightly guilty the other day re. providing enough entertainment for our indoor cats - they obviously require a little more stimulation than cats that go outside. It's definitely a good investment.

Our apartment's not huge, but we weren't really able to use the space in front of that window/sliding door anyway! Not as if we could put bookshelves or a chair there.

your dad's a good vet :)

BahamutZERO.gif
    Puppy update: Roommate isn't on board.

Yet.

This discussion has been closed.