As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem] Awakening: Out now in the colonies. Europe suffers still.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Yep, that's why I qualified it.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    FE6 HM is actually proving to be quite easy midway. I'm now in the desert chapter. It's just the first couple of chapters which are painful to get through. Much easier than FE8 HM, since it has HM stat bonuses which FE8 does not, and there's no stuff like swordslayers and luna in FE6. Lute got critical'd by some dark tome with like a 20% hit and critical rate. So aggravating. I think FE7 HHM is more difficult than both, but probably not more than RD Hard. PoR is pathetically easy, yeah.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    FE8 hard mode is pretty easy. mostly because of seth, he trounces the early game which is always the hardest part. the late game isn't difficult at all because there are so many overpowered characters with sacred twins and most of the maps can be beaten in a turn or two with a warp staff.

some of the early chapters in HHM were pretty difficult, but the last few maps are always my favorite especially sands of time and victory or death

Jars on
    HHM was also nerfed for the US release. Try the Japanese version some time! It's fun!

• PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    HHM was also nerfed for the US release. Try the Japanese version some time! It's fun!

So is Dark Souls and Nocturne...

Btw, any LP's of RD on Hard? I'm not man enough to try it myself, but I would like to see it in action.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Question about Fire Emblem: SS. I am on like the 5th level, where there is a sellsword who obviously wants to talk to the priest I have on my team. If I put her within range of him, will he attack and kill her? If so, how the hell am I supposed to get them to talk? She has less movement than he does.

Take Gilliam or Seth, unequip their weapons, and move them close enough to encounter Joshua but out of the range of your Cleric.

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, he probably will.

That's what I can recall him doing.

Place someone with high defence who uses lances in that small square of trees just beneath the guy.

Prime candidates to sit there at this point in the game are Gilliam and Franz. You could give them Vanessa's Slim Lance to minimize the damage they might cause to Joshua, but if you're worried about that you might as well remove their weapons altogether.

That's the way to do it, as far as I know. I suppose you could use Vanessa too and hope Joshua simply doesn't land a hit because she's so fast, but I wouldn't really recommend it anyway.

EDIT:

Or yeah, Seth would work wonders. I used Franz because I'm stubborn about using prepromotes on early chapters.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Ahh I didn't think about that. I use Seth as my boss killer or my "Oh shit gotta kill this guy", and forgot you can just unequip his weapons. :P

In the GBA FE games you need to give them to someone else.

If directly attacked, all units in the GBA FE games will use any weapon in their inventory that is the closest to the top. You could "stack" a bunch of none-weapons in anyone's inventory, stuff like Vulneraries and what have you, and if there's as much as a crappy Iron Sword about to break at the bottom, the unit being attacked will auto-equip that weapon and attempt to counterattack the enemy.

This can be useful to keep in mind.

• PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hey! Anyone here know japenese? Check this out pls:
    Edit: even if you dont know jap you should probably click that^

PrjctD_Captain on
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
    Needs more Together We Ride.

I do like that there are voices during battles. I wonder if they'll bother in the localization process.

V0Gug2h.png
    joshua will not attack natasha actually. it's like dart where he is hostile but he won't attack anyone

That is wrong, I've seen Joshua attack and kill quite a few people in my day.

He offed my Gilliam quite handsomely a few weeks ago in a Critical Accident.

Yeah, I think Raven will even attack his own sister, or even more messed up, Dorcas can and will attack his wife. o_O

V0Gug2h.png
    Chen wrote:
    Yeah, I think Raven will even attack his own sister, or even more messed up, Dorcas can and will attack his wife. o_O
    Critical. Accident!

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    :whistle: Love is a battlefield! :whistle:

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    A. Ignore Her
    B. Talk to Her
    C. Iron Sword
    D. Item

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    For all the lack of respect Shadow Dragon gets I've noticed in my most recent playthrough that it has maybe the best soundtrack of them all and it moves at a lightning quick pace if you turn up the settings.

I oughta get a copy for myself of that game and take a look at it some day.

I've totally got enough money!

edited January 2012
    Jars wrote:
    joshua will not attack natasha actually. it's like dart where he is hostile but he won't attack anyone
    natasha

I just recruited him yesterday using this method

Jars on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So... apparently Nintendo of Europe intends to bring Fire Emblem 3DS to these shores before the end of the year. I'm pleased with this news especially after what happened with Radiant Dawn.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/22/fire-emblem-awakening-will-awaken-in-europe-this-year/

Anyway, have a new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0qRTZj_4E

WotanAnubis on
    This guy should have done the art for Path of Radiance instead.

First person to get the joke gets an internet bro/sis fist.

This guy should have done the art for Path of Radiance instead.

First person to get the joke gets an internet bro/sis fist.

*gently touches screen with fist*

I thought that looked hella familiar.

Yep, the last game he did also had no more heroes.

Yep, the last game he did also had no more heroes.

He's not a half bad artist. In a way I kind of miss the manga-esque still shots and overall aesthetic from the older handheld games when I play PoR or RD, they looked really scenic and shit, but I can get behind the cel shaded stuff too.

Looking good. It's nice to see My Unit is apparently still in, since I didn't get to play with the last one. And there seems to be some references to older Fire Emblem games as well (I spotted that swordswoman from FE4 and... erm... whatshisname... the archer prince from Sacred Stones, Tana's older brother).

Since I don't understand Japanese, I wonder if those 'two guys fighting on your side' battles are purely due to positioning or if it all depends on their Support level. I hope it depends on their Support level.

Finally, 'Battle Monk'? 'Trickster'? Are those new classes or just the Japanese names for Fighter and Thief?

Oh, and,
    is it just me or did that masked swordsman look like Marth to anyone else?

I'm not so sure that's Innes, I think he had shorter hair. There definitely seems to be a few collectibles that reference other characters in the series though, I think that chick was either Ira or Karla. Maybe it's hinting at some form of AR card functionality? I guess we'll see later on how it all turns out.

Man, the main theme is so nostalgic though, it always forces me to hum along.

That is most definitely him. That or Intelligent Systems are trolling.

Too bad I can't import. I've imported every FE so far except for Radiant Dawn and New Mystery of the Emblem. If Nintendo decides to roll a 3DS revision in September, a few months before the Wii U launch, then that'd be perfect. Do eeet.

V0Gug2h.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    http://serenesforest.net/fe13/info.html has a load of information about this game from japanese articles. Check it out!

important stuff: multiplayer! Some basic streetpass stuff, co-op or competitive. Innes and co. are Spotpass downloads, and apparently full characters? Missions will be downloadable as well.This is probably where the paid DLC is gonna be.

On marth:
    It's a guy who claims to be him. So...maybe?

I wonder... for those of you who've played previous Fire Emblems. Will you be playing the new one with perma-death on or off?

Personally, I think I'll stick with tradition. After all, it seems like I'll be able to grind if I really want to.

It ain't Fire Emblem without permanent death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgXrH7pXdvA

Maps are a bit flat, but whatevs. Media blackout is going to be haaard.

V0Gug2h.png
    Chen wrote: »
    Maps are a bit flat, but whatevs. Media blackout is going to be haaard.

Battle scenes are looking good, though. Better than Shadow Dragon's and Path of Radiance's.

Don't know if it'll beat the flashy sprite-work from 7 or Sacred Stones. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I will be super duper pissed if they change the cover art for this game when it comes out over here.

edited March 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WOY3uwx3IvU
    Good lord the cgi looks good for this game.

Xenogears of Bore on
    Lookin' dayum fiiiiine there son.

Also, I ran across this on Andriasang:

http://andriasang.com/con0cn/fire_emblem_cards/

Look at those cards. Look at 'em.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Why would you need to do a media blackout for a Fire Emblem game.

I mean I can already tell you there will be:

Maps
    Rock/Paper/Scissors strategy combat
    Political intrigue
    Dragons or mythical creatures of some sort
    Lucky crits
    Mission where you get swarmed by units on small map
    Pre-promotes
    Angry restarts
    PROMOTIONS!
    Incestual and homoerotic undertones between characters.

This discussion has been closed.