As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Pre-PAX East Pig Roast Information - Payment details added!

trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
Hi all, after talking to a few folks at the monthly Boston PAXer meetup at JJ Foley's, I figured why not book another event for early PAXEast attendees. Especially for PAX food enthusiasts :)

Quick hit summary:
What : Family Style Pig Roast - Appetizers and dinner!
Date : Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 - 7pm
Where : Citizen Public House (Fenway area)
Cost : $50 (Covers the cost of dinner+tax+tip. Drinks are separate, more details below)

There's only a limited number of spaces available. Right now the restaurant capped us at 20 but if there's significant interest, I'll call them back and see if we can add to that. So, to that end, spots are first come first served. If we get over 20, I figure it'd only be appropriate (provided I can't get the restaurant to increase the reservation) to determine order by die roll.

Interest list:
[PAID] trinistand
[PAID] khadour + 1
[PAID] jujukoo + pinder
[PAID] arsonisfun
[PAID] septagon
[PAID] SmallLady + burnttoast45
[PAID] Lirelent
[PAID] wormdundee
[PAID] durinthal
[PAID] LexiconGrrl + JobiWanKenobi
[PAID] Chaosisorder + Emod
[PAID] aioua
[PAID] Dangeresquetoo + 1
[PAID] Jacaus

Waitlist:
Kiashien + 1
Kevralyn
MagnusCarter
melesmeles

Payment details : Payment due by Wednesday, February 29th. If I haven't received payment (or notification payment is on it's way), I'll be going to the waitlist. You'll have 3 options : Paypal, check, or giving me cash either in person or through a proxy. PM me for details.

More info!
- I have to give a headcount to the restaurant way in advance, March 4th in fact.
- This means that the # people is finalized and that I'll need to be paid. Sorry, no way around this...if I give the restaurant the headcount and X people no-show, I end up footing the bill.
- The $50 cost (I know it's expensive, but it's whole suckling pigs!) only covers what's listed on the website : the appetiziers, mains, and sides that THEY bring out. If you order anything else, including drinks (and probably dessert), that's extra. The best way to manage this is probably to open your own tab at the restaurant.
- Vegetarian options are available - The restaurant will make sure (as part of the pig roast) that there are vegetarian appetizers, entrees, and sides. Please let me know in advance so I can tell the restaurant.
- It may be possible to attend just to hang out but not participate in the roast. If there are enough folks in this category, I'll call the restaurant and maybe I can make a reservation for regular tables (ordering off the normal menu)
- I checked with the restaurant and folks of all ages are welcome
- IMPORTANT : Please let me know if you have any allergies to things such as shellfish! The night wouldn't be so fun if someone has to be rushed to the hospital!
- I won't rule out re-booking to a bigger venue if there's a huge amount of interest. It's early enough these things can be fluid :)
- This is separate from the Pre-PAX dinner. Come to both! :)

Notes for trinistand:
- Allergies to walnuts, almonds, uncooked apples
- Grain (Wheat, Rice, Corn)
- No dairy

trinistand on

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Count me in.

How are you planning on handling payment?

septagon on
  • faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    I'm interested, and may have a +1 if the friend I'm staying with Wednesday wants to come. I don't want to speak for Catboy but I think he may want to go as well.

No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    septagon wrote:
    How are you planning on handling payment?
    He'll probably use Eventbrite or something similar, like the other pre-pay gatherings use . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    I haven't quite decided what to do for payment yet. The event is already a bit on the expensive side and sites like Eventbrite + processing options winds up being another 5 bucks or so tacked on...

I'll update once I figure that out.

Cool. Thanks again for organizing!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    ME!! I am going!

and I have a +1

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    count me in. once I figure out who you are in the real world, I can probably just pay you cash at one of the Foley's nights.

Added everyone to the interest list so far! Woohoo!

Paying me at Foley's nights works too.

• WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Yes, I am mega going.

• WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    DEFINITELY count me in with a +1! I live and breath pig roasts being from the south originally. As I am local to Boston, let me know if you need any help with organizational stuff. Excellent idea!

http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
    Waterborn - you were one of the people I mentioned to him that would probably be interested . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    I'm excited for the roast (I'm SmallLady's +1). Can't wait to see you guys :)

And you were another, Toast!

xWDsUaZ.png

• CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    alright, I'm in.

<+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    This sounds delicious, so I'm in.

• jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    lirelent wrote:
    count me in. once I figure out who you are in the real world, I can probably just pay you cash at one of the Foley's nights.

It's not like you were both at my birthday party yesterday or anything.

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    I'm getting in early enough to do this. Count me in.

This signature intentionally left blank.
    juju wrote:
    lirelent wrote:

It's not like you were both at my birthday party yesterday or anything.

*facepalm*

Oh, probably should have mentioned this before but it didn't look like it was going to be an issue. I have food allergies to walnuts and almonds, and I'm sensitive to uncooked apples/apple juice.

Allergy noted. Thanks for letting me know in advance.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Sign us up! We'll share the last seat. LexiconGrrl +1

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    So we have less dice-rolling, just put Pinder down as my +1; He posted here before I had a chance to ask him if he wanted to go (being fairly certain he would say yes). He was my +1 all along and I didn't stop to think that maybe he'd sign himself up for it before I asked him...

That way LexiconGrrl has room for her +1.

Okay? Okay.

[E]
    it might be time to ask if we can get more people on our reservation though :)

It might get uncomfortable after twenty. That's the problem.

Most of my friends do the pig roast with 10-15. Sometimes less.

[E]
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    If space becomes available, Emod and I would be game.

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Oh, I forgot to mention, if space doesn't become available, I will hunt people down and kill them because I read a book in school about being the leader if I have the pig skull....

Citizen Public House pretty much hinted 20 is really pushing it in terms of reservations so I think we may have to cap it there.

I've been thinking rolling dice for everyone hardly seems fair so I'll update the OP again once we figure out the maximum limits (Poor planning on my part)

edited January 2012
    wouldn't first sign up be fair?

or even better, the first 20 who actually commit and pay up.

SmallLady on
    SmallLady wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I'll set a deadline for payments (once I decide how to do payments...I'm a little hesitant to use any service that adds more cost on top of the $50 tag already, especially knowing drinks/desserts aren't included).

If any of the people on the "first come first serve" list don't pay by the deadline, they'll be bumped for the folks on the waiting list.

That sound fair?

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    trinistand wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I'll set a deadline for payments (once I decide how to do payments...I'm a little hesitant to use any service that adds more cost on top of the $50 tag already, especially knowing drinks/desserts aren't included).

If any of the people on the "first come first serve" list don't pay by the deadline, they'll be bumped for the folks on the waiting list.

That sound fair?

Sounds fair to me.

sounds like a good plan :)

*throws money at trinistand*

This will be delightful. The best part is, it's walking distance from all the great cocktail bars in Kenmore. Methinks with setup day being Thursday I'm going to make a SERIOUS night out of this.

[E]
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    waitlist, please :D

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    So I promised a certain Very Tiny Lady that I would bring her a Very Special Batch of Bacon Cookies. It seems like the appropriate event to stage the handoff, but I'm wondering if I should bring enough for everone?

(Avoiding carting an extra big bundle across the country if people go 'EW!" at the idea of peanutbutter-chocolatechip-bacon cookies)

I can definitely state that I will not go "Ew!" at the idea of peanutbutter-chocolatechip-bacon cookies. And you can ship the bundle, rather than carting it, if you'd like - we have plenty of locals who can receive it.

xWDsUaZ.png

Boston loves chocolate and bacon combinations. I went to a food event benefit a few months ago and HALF the desserts had bacon in or on them!

If you need a place to locally ship I can totally give you my work address, LexiconGrrl.

[E]
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Juju! I'll PM you closer to the event if we need to ship any cookies. Know anyone in the area who's having a baking party that week?

LexiconGrrl on
    edited January 2012
    Payment details added. So stoked!

And a reminder : Please tell me if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions! Thanks!

trinistand on
  • WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    My payment for two will be forthcoming via Paypal as soon as I get my next paycheck. PM me the email to link the payment.

http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
    I'll be at JJ Foley's for game night this tuesday so I can take the payment in person.

And please, remind me what your forum handle is :)