As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New comic images broken

scsscsscsscs Registered User regular
Before a new comic is posted its title is shown on the new comic page but the image is broken. This seems to happen every new comic day. Are you having problems uploading the images?

scsscs on

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    If I had to guess, I would suppose that the old comic is being autoarchived into its month/date folder/page before the new comic is uploaded to the comic page.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2006
    This happens every new comic day for me too. Is it my browser or something else?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, I've noticed this as well. It seems like it only got really bad after the latest server upgrade.

jothki on
  • Options
    jungletekjungletek Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    All the effing time...

jungletek on
    there's a sprite commercial where lebron james is just waving his dick at a bunch of 4-year-olds
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    its not only new comics
    but also some older ones,

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    The image is actually a redirect... if you hit http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060705.jpg you'll be redirected to http://www.penny-arcade.com/login

My guess is that they've got some kind of security mechanism in place so you can't see future comics without somebody making them active. I'm not sure if this is always the case, but in the past month or so I've noticed the comic isn't up until around noon central time.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    rDr4g0nrDr4g0n Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    i would guess new comic and new post should happen at the same time, but yeah, they havent been. even when i get an rss feed taht says new comic, the comic still usually isnt visible even after refresh.

syncing updates isnt always easy of course, but having hours difference between the 2 is kinda lame since the update and teh comic are usually interdependant.

also, i want to see the little kids comic, but its not there!

rDr4g0n on
    i can actully speell... but im to lazy to sppelchek.
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    VaqueroVaquero Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I've noticed this the last couple of weeks... I just chalk it up to somebody being really drunk, and messing up...

Seriously, while it's annoying, I manage to survive without instant updates... Honest guys... I'm not bitching, just mentioning it...

Vaquero on
    'Never be afraid to be the first to resort to Violence' - Howard Taylor, author of www.schlockmercenary.com
    "Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!"?" - Bill Watterson