As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling: From Planet Funk, THE FUNKASAURUS

1939495969799»

• SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    He's in the middle of a slow burn heel turn that they are actually handling right (so far). So it's interesting. If you think this is bad, you should see the heel turns they didn't handle well in your absence (which is mostly all of them).

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    one more match

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    little jimmy

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    i'm not talking wrestling talent. i honestly haven't seen enough of dude to say shit about that.

it's just...

his theme music is corny as balls...and his...what the hell is his gimmick even? dude who gets excited and shouts "YES" a bunch of times when he wins? everything about his wrestling persona is boring. a dude with the kind of wrestling ability he has should be a heel belittling everyone around him for not having his talent.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
    hall of pain

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Triple B wrote:
    sad to know standards have fallen so far during my time away

You're right. The best wrestler in the world really should try harder.

And I'm sure that Hero will do, however we shouldn't hold Daniel to that kind of level.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Well, this RAW broke Radius.

Somebody call his momma.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    i was just listing heel turns that happened while Triple B was away that we enjoyed for the most part.

edited January 2012
    and yes, from what i've seen the past two weeks, R-Truth is the best thing on Raw

seriously it's like not even close

Triple B on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Triple B wrote:
    i'm not talking wrestling talent. i honestly haven't seen enough of dude to say shit about that.

it's just...

his theme music is corny as balls...and his...what the hell is his gimmick even? dude who gets excited and shouts "YES" a bunch of times when he wins? everything about his wrestling persona is boring. a dude with the kind of wrestling ability he has should be a heel belittling everyone around him for not having his talent.

The idea is that he is treating every little thing as a superbowl level accomplishment. When the reality is that he's a lucky little shit. I agree that I would prefer to see a more arrogant asshole type(which is something he pulled off well as ROH champion) but this character is corny intentionally. I'm not sure it's the right way to take him but I would say he is doing well with what he's being given.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Triple B wrote:

it's just...

He's being booked as a guy who's worked hard for everything he's gotten, but never gets any real credit in WWE

Then he cashed in MITB on a helpless Big Show, won the belt

And the fame has gotten to him. Now he's hitting on Divas, bragging about how tough he is. He thinks he's big stuff.

He's supposed to be this super-face, who finally won the big gold, and now all the attention he's gotten and fame he's gotten from it is slowly corrupting him. Like when he retained his belt last week, by DQ, that's when he first did the egotistical YES shouting. So that stuff is literally brand new, not even a full week old.

Triple B wrote:
    and yes, from what i've seen the past two weeks, R-Truth is the best thing on Raw

seriously it's like not even close

Imagine how the month without him was. Sooo boring.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Actually he started the shouting yes thing last week on Raw, when he beat Cody by rollup.

LockedOnTarget on
    Can TNA out-crazy RAW?
    January 12th IMPACT Wrestling
    -Mickie James defeated Madison Rayne in a Steel Cage Match with her finisher.

-Bobby Roode comes to the ring for a promo. He gloats about retaining the title against guys like Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and James Storm. He calls out Jeff Hardy but Sting answers instead. Sting announces that later tonight because of how Roode kept his title at Genesis, Jeff Hardy will face Bobby Roode for the World Title.

-Matt Morgan and Crimson beat Robbie T and Robbie E with their Double Chokeslam. After the match they were attacked by Samoa Joe and Magnus.

-Eric Bischoff cuts a promo in the ring talking about his history and running down Garett Bischoff. Garett comes to the rings and claims he is different from Eric. He said that he is grateful to those that have helped him. He reveals that he is being trained by someone. Garett shoved Eric down before leaving the ring.

-ODB defeated Winter. Eric Young and Angelina Love accompanied their partners to the ring. When Love tried to get involved, Young put her in the Airplane Spin.

-AJ Styles is in the ring and calls out Kazarian. AJ wants to know why Kazarian turned on him last week but Kazarian can't tell him. Daniels comes out and runs down AJ saying he has been weak since losing to him. Kazarian leaves the ring when AJ goes after Daniels. Kazarian breaks things up to end the segment.

-James Storm is in the ring and calls out Kurt Angle. James Storm talks about how at Genesis, he lost because Angle cheated. After going back and forth, Sting comes out and announces that the winner of Jeff Hardy vs Bobby Roode will face the winner of James Storm and Kurt Angle. Angle tries to reject the idea saying he isn't ready but Sting says he better get ready because the match is next.

-James Storm defeated Kurt Angle with the Last Call. Storm is the new #1 Contender.

-Bobby Roode vs Jeff Hardy for the World Title went to a draw when Bully Ray came out and pulled Roode from the ring. Before the match it was announced that if Roode cheated, he would lose the title.

January 19th IMPACT Wrestling
    -Gunner defeated AJ Styles after interference from Kazarian and Christopher Daniels. Gunner went to DDT AJ into the concrete after the match but AJ fought out of it and ran off Gunner.

-Crimson defeated Magnus with his finisher. After the match Samoa Joe attacked Crimson when Morgan came out for the save. Magnus and Joe got the upperhand on the champs and beat them down again.

-James Storm comes to the ring for a promo and talks about being the new #1 Contender. He is interrupted by Jeff Hardy who also thinks he is the number one contender. They go back and forth and get physical when they are interrupted by Bobby Roode. Roode says that since there was no winner last week, Storm doesn't get his title shot and because Hardy didn't beat him he doesn't get a title shot. They are interrupted by Sting who announces that Jeff Hardy will face James Storm in a #1 Contender Match with the winner getting Bobby Roode at Against All Odds.

You be the judge. I know it can't possibly be more entertaining.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So I'm not as hard as some people are on TNA but wtf Jeff:
    Jeff Hardy wrote:
    WatchImpactWrestling ! . . . ! instagr.am/p/f5cq3/
    wSGG9.jpg

Stop making me question your supposed sobriety.

Amikron Devalia on
    Nope. Sorry.

You take a picture like that, I just can't believe you're truly off drugs.

Not buying it.

He will never be off drugs

• Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Or will drugs never be off him!? *Russo Swerve*
    Drugs on a pole match!

Triple B wrote:

it's just...

He's no Joey Ryan, that much is for sure.

Seriously though, the transition from "bland" technical wrestling virtuoso to heel persona should always take some time, so now might not be the best time to pass judgment on him.
    Unless that judgment is "Wow, this guy isn't as good as Joey Ryan." in which case you pass away.

I think at this point the best we can hope for is that Jeff Hardy is attending wrestling shows sober. Anything else is pretty much pissing into the wind.

Psh

The best I can hope for from Jeff is that he can get out of his car/limo/plane and walk without falling into the middle of a crowded road

Remember that clip from that abysmal PPV match where he fought Sting?

The guy had trouble even standing, let alone physically moving

He couldn't even decide where to throw his T-shirt, so he just wound up awkwardly dropping it

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Whoever makes the new thread

make it funky

or I will call your momma

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I have a plan for the next thread, just have to put it together.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    You know the funny thing about what happened with Clay tonight? The EXACT SAME THING happened to him 5 YEARS AGO in Deep South Wrestling. He showed up as a killer, then about 6 months later he adopted a Dusty Rhodes-style character who danced. If you would have told me back in 2007 the same shit will happen in 2012... Man.

The show sounded good other than the dumbass crowd. Seriously where was the show held this week?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Corpus Christi, TX

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I thought Texas usually had hot crowds? Oh well, hope Clay eventually get's over anyway. For all the talk about how generic wrestlers are nowadays it's nice to see a completely unique character come out of the woodwork.

Well maybe not "unique" but at least colorful.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SLAMMUSLAMMU Registered User regular
    If they do something to change Brodus after this week because the crowd was dumb I will be so mad at wrestling

SLAMMU-1.png
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    So I hear too cold scorpio came back on raw tonight?

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    WWE needs to make a Funkasaurus T-Shirt

right now

That is a WWE T-shirt I would buy.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Funkasaurus should pull by in the Funkmobile, give his ladies a WTF look, then keep driving.

Jericho powerwalks by, stops and stares at them still trying to fix the tire

Looks like he's about to say something

Then stops, the jacket lights up, and he powerwalks away smiling the whole time

This is hilarious.

This whole Raw sounded awesome. I watched the Brodus Clay vid and I was diggin' it. Especially those boots fashioned to look like a pair of dress shoes with spats.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Wait, fuck. Now I need funkasaurus dlc for WWE 12. WWE, you crafty motherfuckers.

So I hear too cold scorpio came back on raw tonight?

Fuuuuuck.I wish.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Not sure where this Raw was held but they should boycott that city for being so pathetic.

A dead crowd during that Truth segment is inexcusable.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wait, fuck. Now I need funkasaurus dlc for WWE 12. WWE, you crafty motherfuckers.

Bet anything a CAW formula will be available by the week's end.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Fuck that crowd.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    edited January 2012
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • PeonUPeonU Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    R Troof & Ricardo was great. I love how R Troof knows how to play off the crowd. He's like the Black Kurt Angle, He's really good at doing in ring promos unlike some other stars... Even Ricardo Rodriguez has better in ring promo talents than Orton & Cena combined

PeonU on
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I just watched my DVR copy of Raw. Please take Corpus Christi off the circuit, they don't deserve anything more than a house show with that disgraceful display.

Cheer, boo, do fucking something.

Most of the rest of you have already stated my opinions about the show, and I'd be parroting responses. What's the over/under on number of Raw appearance before Jericho actually talks? I'll set it at 4.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Stop that.

That was directed at PeonU, btw.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.