As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pell Mell Productions (With new rule following ACTION!)

2»

• no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    In fact the two realism drawings I've done this year have both won a couple of awards.

I having a hard time believing this. What kinda awards?

I mean I could win awards too if I entered with a fake name to a children's coloring competition.

no_toast on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    no_toast wrote: »
    In fact the two realism drawings I've done this year have both won a couple of awards.

I having a hard time believing this. What kinda awards?

I mean I could win awards too if I entered with a fake name to a children's coloring competition.

The Mommy Award for Refrigerator Stick-On Art of the Year, 2006-2007 season. I was in the contention for that as well, but everyone knows the Mommy's are rigged. You pretty much have to be sleeping with the judge in order to win anything.

Still, once you see your artwork magnetized to that fridge... it's all worth it.

Brolo on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nets wrote: »
    I do plan on updating the website out of Flash to XHTML and CSS, however that will take me some time since I'm working on a Samsung Q1 (7 inch screen with no physical keyboard).

See, I read this and all I see is:
    Nets wrote:
    Oh well, my web page sucks but you know what? It's not my fault because I'm handicapped by my equipment.

If you are really creative you find a work around these problems. Don't justify your crappyness with lame excuses that free you from your obligation to make a good page.

MagicToaster on
  • SavedSaved Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Making a simple website using CSS/HTML and just a little bit of PHP is a lot easier than wrestling with flash, especially when you want to tweak your design.

Saved on
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    flash sucks because it lacks hotlinking.

no one wants instructions to see a simple image.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    When are we going to get to see real life pics of you blokes?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • D90D90 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "Enter or be Gay!"

Enter what? All I'm getting is a black screen!

D90 on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh my god, you actually have a comic where you refer to a black man as a Goron from the Legend of Zelda--what is wrong with you?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh my god, you actually have a comic where you refer to a black man as a Goron from the Legend of Zelda--what is wrong with you?

Yeah I like how he makes him bow down and curl into a ball for his amusement.

But I'm sure this dude has a black friend who, you know, totally finds that joke hilarious, so it's okay.

Brolo on
    edited July 2007
    It would be one thing if he drew a human caricature of a Goron and made the joke, but all he did was draw a black man.

But you're right, some of his best friend are probably black. I can't wait until he introduces another character from his pool of real life friends. I can see it now, Gleep-Glop the token black guy who's role is to validate any shit jokes made by the creator involving race, joins the gang of Kleenex, Flim-flam and Skittles' weekly misadventures!

• bread of wonderbread of wonder Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Guys, don't be fooled by this. He's not a bigoted asshole - it's just a front to limit his already boundless readership. Bandwidth on his site was getting out of control so he figured the first to go would have to be gays and black people. If it continues to grow, the next to leave will be jews, muslims, asians, hispanic people, and finally gypsies.

bread of wonder on
    Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
  • CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well yeah, Gypsy readership is crucial. You NEED to keep them around the longest.

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    NO MORE COMIC STRIPS ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

And no more comic strips about two guys either, unless you can find a way to make it different than every other media about two guys.

multimoog on
    edited July 2007
    How about a comic about two gays?

It'd be like Grifter and I's wacky thigh-jinks!

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    :lol:

Well, everyone knows gays are freakishly hilarious foils to straight characters!

...and was that "thigh-jinks" a deliberate typo?

I can't help feel like we're ganging up on the guy though. But... really, the art is poor (especially considering those promising sketches shown earlier) and the scripts could do with... uh... some major reworking.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited July 2007
    Deliberate? ...or deliberate?

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Deliberate? ...or deliberate?

:winky:

Grifter on
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It would be one thing if he drew a human caricature of a Goron and made the joke, but all he did was draw a black man.

But you're right, some of his best friend are probably black. I can't wait until he introduces another character from his pool of real life friends. I can see it now, Gleep-Glop the token black guy who's role is to validate any shit jokes made by the creator involving race, joins the gang of Kleenex, Flim-flam and Skittles' weekly misadventures!

Being a black person, I want to see this comic, but at the same time I know I don't because it just be horrible and not funny at all.

Plus I hate flash sites.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Plus I hate flash sites.

Even this one?

MagicToaster on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Plus I hate flash sites.

Even this one?

218k download for next to nothing...yeah, it's about as annoying as a flash site. :P

MKR on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

I just read this... and this was my reaction D:

Edit: and wtf are you doing making a flash page if your machine can barely run flash?

Prospicience on