As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX East Philadelphia meet up

JohnnyciscoJohnnycisco PARegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX General Discussion
Hi Fellow PAXers,
I am in the early stages of organizing a meet up in Philadelphia before PAX. Before going to far with this I wanted to see what kind of interest there was out there. If you are interested please let me know. I think this will be kinda cool and a lot of fun. I look forward to hearing your responses.

OK heres the info we are having the meet up at Dave & Busters 500 West Germantown Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Phone: 610-832-9200
3/3
7:30 pm we will have a reservation under PAX

twitter.com/johnnycisco52
Facebook.com/johnnycisco
GT: johnnycisco52
Moe Fwacky on

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Holy crap, there are other people who actually live in Philadelphia? I am all sorts of in Philadelphia and would attend many things.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    I don't quite live in Philly but I live in a suburb right outside of philly and I still consider myself a true Philadelphian. I would be all for a pre PAX meetup.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    I'm in Lancaster county and only an hour train ride away! I'd probably bring my friend and Pax east compadre with me. He lives in Reading.

• Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    My bf and I are both Philly based PAXers! I'm up for this!

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    I pretty sure my boyfriend, PeasantDave would be interested since we're not too far from Philly. I would definitely be interested if I'm in the states at the time of the meetup. So glad PAX East falls during my spring break this year.

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm down. I live right outside of Philly.

• dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    And I live right outside of PeasantDave.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I live in Holmesburg/Mayfair. Hello. o_o

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Kyuss wrote:
    I'm in Lancaster county and only an hour train ride away! I'd probably bring my friend and Pax east compadre with me. He lives in Reading.

Hey there fellow Lancaster County resident! :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • JohnnyciscoJohnnycisco PARegistered User regular
    ok very cool I'm thinking sometime in March weather depending glad to know that there are others around lol i was thinking the Barcade in philly. would that work for you guys?
    mgriff3456 wrote:
    I don't quite live in Philly but I live in a suburb right outside of philly and I still consider myself a true Philadelphian. I would be all for a pre PAX meetup.
    i live in the suburbs also i'm in montgo

Facebook.com/johnnycisco
    I would love to meet up with some people in Barcade.

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    I may be down depending on time/date/if I can find transport. I live up in Allentown, so its not that far.

• MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    You guys are awesome for bringing up Barcade, just fyi. I had no idea there was a Barcade here. I knew about the one in Brooklyn, but not in Philly. I only recently moved back to the area, so I had no idea.

On the main note, I'd totally be up for a pre-PAX meet up. My boyfriend (who posts occasionally here) would be dragged along as well. If it was at the Barcade, there is no doubt that I'd be there. I don't drink, but would totally buy some munchies/food to support such an awesome place and probably end up buying some drinks for others anyway.

However, if I'm not mistaken, it's 21+ only, so it may exclude any younger folks that would want to meet up before PAX. Just throwing that out there, it doesn't effect us though.

• dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Barcade is a great idea. I've only been there a handful of times but it's always been pleasant. It is 21+ though but it's an option.

Chorazin wrote:
    Kyuss wrote:

Well hello thar! I live in Reamstown to be exact.

• xHidden MemoriesxHidden Memories Registered User regular
    I live in the Poconos which is like 2hrs from Philly.. me and my friends and my bf could try meeting up..but..idk :( sounds fun though..

You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can't move forward like that. If your eyes are in front what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That's what lets people move forward.
  • ArighArigh Registered User regular
    I'm in Manayunk, but I haven't had a proper excuse to actually go to Barcade. A pre-PAX meeting? Now, that sounds like an awesome reason to get over to Barcade.

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    I'm in the Philly area, along with a few friends going to PAX, and we would love to go to a pre-PAX event. But we're in the under 21 demographic, so if it's a 21+ thing... then have fun :D

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I'm up in the Poconos, so it's like a 2 hour drive, but I could always drive to a Septa stop and train it in.

ZeroHourHero, xHiddenMemories, we could all figure something out, I'm sure.

• nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    I'm in Bethlehem which is the middle of no where. But I'd drive down to Philly for this, sounds like it would be fun.

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • Mrtheplague92Mrtheplague92 24 year old Pax'er from PA Bethlehem PARegistered User regular
    I'm from the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area, I work up in Norristown a few days a week. I'd be down to meet up depending on the date/time!

• ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    West Philly here. Yes, that might be fun!

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
    This is awesome! thank you for the responses i will get going on this then and i'll post the information as soon as i can!

Facebook.com/johnnycisco
  • SnazzyGentSnazzyGent Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Organichu wrote:
    I live in Holmesburg/Mayfair. Hello. o_o

Tacony, REPRESENT WHAAAAT.

SnazzyGent on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am intrigued. I have two other people going to PAX with me and I am sure they would love to meet up with people. I am from the North East/Mayfair area.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Kyuss wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:
    Kyuss wrote:

I live in Akron but work in the City. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Oh man. Barcade is right near Yards? How have I never seen it?!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Chorazin wrote:
    Kyuss wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:
    Kyuss wrote:

I live in Akron but work in the City. :)

Thats only a few miles from me!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/150294/east-pax-east-attendees-map-and-find-other-people-in-your-location/p1

So are we thinking a week day or weekend day for this?

• nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    I think weekends would be better since (I think) most of us have to work during the week?

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
    nataliepi wrote:
    I think weekends would be better since (I think) most of us have to work during the week?

I personally have no trouble getting into Philly for a couple drinks on a weekday.

• thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I live in media, if I have off from work that night I might go. Out of curiosity, anyone else in the area who may go to this going to pax for the BYOC?

thr4sher on
    I can only make weekends.

• mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    Nice Media. That's only like 10 minutes from me. Also I can pretty much go anyday as long as I know at least a week in advance so I can take off of work.

no it will be a weekend night probably a Saturday again i hope to have more information very soon!!

Facebook.com/johnnycisco
    edited January 2012
    Excited!

PeasantDave on
  • FookerFooker Registered User new member
    This sound amazing, I wouldnt think that there would be much PAXer's from the Philly area! I would definitely be down to hang out and get to know people from the area that are all about games! Unfortunately I am only 19, so any bars would be out of the question unless they dont scan ID's (shh) I live right in Philly and attend Drexel, ill definitely be looking for more information about this meet-up!

• thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    so nobody from our area is going to pax for the byoc besides me? thats disappointing.

thr4sher wrote:
    so nobody from our area is going to pax for the byoc besides me? thats disappointing.

Sorry, I'll be in BYOC with my girlfriend.

• ArighArigh Registered User regular
    Fooker wrote:
    This sound amazing, I wouldnt think that there would be much PAXer's from the Philly area! I would definitely be down to hang out and get to know people from the area that are all about games! Unfortunately I am only 19, so any bars would be out of the question unless they dont scan ID's (shh) I live right in Philly and attend Drexel, ill definitely be looking for more information about this meet-up!

Another Drexel student going to PAX? http://i.imgur.com/Ktcd2.gif