As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a disciplinary proposal

poop onepoop one Registered User regular
i think after a certain number of blatantly horrid threads in a period of time, a person should be jailed.

i also think that those in jail should not be able to make new threads.

or, if jail birds can make new threads, i think that people who make X bad topics in Y hours should be baned for 2Y hours.

furthermore, i contend that X should be 3, and Y 48.

calvin.gif
poop one on

• futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    yeah but who's to say what a good thread is? mods often disagree on what a good thread is, and forumers often disagree with mods. there are a ton of crappy unnecesary threads that go on forever carried by a few, and then there are a lot of excellent ones that die too quick

and jailbirds can only make like 1 new topic a day or hour

futility on
  • kryoptickryoptic Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    poop one wrote:
    i also think that those in jail should not be able to make new threads.

Edit: This one only.

kryoptic on
  • poop onepoop one Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    futility wrote:
    yeah but who's to say what a good thread is? mods often disagree on what a good thread is, and forumers often disagree with mods. there are a ton of crappy unnecesary threads that go on forever carried by a few, and then there are a lot of excellent ones that die too quick

fair enough. ill use the two treads that brough this idea to fruition.

Buttsex? and Don't spill shampoo.

and i think a warning should be given that a certain thread counts as "shitty", so that the poster knows he is on thinning ice.

poop one on
    calvin.gif
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    but your examples aren't really an example of good/bad threads. it's just a good example of a troll.

futility on
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2004
    I think you need to excercise your right to not click on a thread. They are terrible, maybe they should be locked but you have all the power in the situation. Every forumer that responds just fuels his ego. Walk away from it and encourage others to as well.

denihilist on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited February 2004
    The small furry one speaks the truth. Nine times out of ten, if I get asked to lock a thread in G&T, the trouble stems from one of the regs (often the one who sent the pm) decrying it as a stupid thread within the first few posts.

Tube on
  • poop onepoop one Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    my motion = tabled?

:|

i spose you guys make some sense, though. what about the jails bird can make no new threads thing?

poop one on
    calvin.gif
  • 150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    The small furry one speaks the truth. Nine times out of ten, if I get asked to lock a thread in G&T, the trouble stems from one of the regs (often the one who sent the pm) decrying it as a stupid thread within the first few posts.

Indeed. And the vast majority of the time, it's a perfectly valid thread- just one made by a new person or a quieter person or a "it's cool to dislike this guy and pick on him" person.

Frigging G&T reg morons.

150cc on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    150cc wrote:

Indeed. And the vast majority of the time, it's a perfectly valid thread- just one made by a new person or a quieter person or a "it's cool to dislike this guy and pick on him" person.

Frigging G&T reg morons.
    The sad thing is...I agree with you.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • 150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    150cc wrote:

Frigging G&T reg morons.
    The sad thing is...I agree with you.

That's why I've started to detest getting those PMs. Man... some people should have their PM privileges yanked.

Anyway, the G&T mods are great... but a mod can't do everything.

150cc on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    I have an idea to help remedy this situation... Look for me on the third day....

Älphämönkëy on
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2004
    I've been spending more time in G+T and I will try to keep that thing from happening. With the help of the other mods I think we can do something about it. Talking about it here is a good thing to do as well and I'm glad it's happening.

denihilist on
  • waynewayne Registered User regular
    edited February 2004

I PM'ed Whippy last week, but it was about a blatant troll. He was totally crapping on everyone's thread.

Otherwise, I rarely PM a mod since they usually catch shit faster than I can PM them anyhow. :)

wayne on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2004
    I think you guys are finally figuring out why I made myself unavaible to other forums except for emergencies.

A duck! on
  • InsanityIncInsanityInc Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    A duck! wrote:
    I think you guys are finally figuring out why I made myself unavaible to other forums except for emergencies.

...because you have feathers, right?

InsanityInc on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2004
    A duck! wrote:

Because I love to watch you people poop your diapers.

A duck! on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    A duck! wrote:
    A duck! wrote:

Speaking of wich, I need changing duck

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    A duck! wrote:

Speaking of wich, I need changing duck
    oops.jpg

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • ExoVarkExoVark Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    I only bug 90x because he makes it soooooo easy.

ExoVark on
  • SixtailSixtail Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    Allright. It's true. My name is Sixtail..and I have a PM issue. Just..when I see something I think it's stupid..that little icon calls out to me. And I hit it. I need help! Or a bat upside the head.

But the silly aside, I know I'm one who has that issue. I'm sorry about it though. I should stick to flaming, ignoring or calling a mod when it means something. I'm looking forward to Alpha's idea though. I don't want to get mod raped.

Sixtail on
    FFXI:Sixtail-Lakshmi-Penny Arcadians-32RDM/14BLM/59SMN/9THF/29WHM
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    "or, if jail birds can make new threads, i think that people who make X bad topics in Y hours should be baned for 2Y hours.

furthermore, i contend that X should be 3, and Y 48."

So...they'd be banned for 248 hours? :)

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    2Y = 2 x Y

If Y = 48, then 2Y = 96 (or, 4 days).

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    You will never defeat my mighty Thunder Bay Mogs Raijin! It's not like every privately run sports team this city has had has folded within 3 years of being founded! Actually.. it's not, one of our hockey teams was around quite awhile before going out of business.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png