As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling 2012: SET THE FUNKASAURUS FREE

HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Social Entropy++
Are you serious bro?

Yes, yes I am

For those who are maybe starting to watch the WWE again here's some recent happenings(So SPOILERS I guess)
Chris Jericho is back and hasn't said a word, but has smiled a lot and cried a lot(probably because of that glowing jacket)
Kane is back and is wearing a mask and wants JOHN CENA to EMBRACE THE HATE

Kane is also just wandering around arena bathrooms watching people brush their teeth
Daniel Bryan cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase on the Big Show(who had just beat Mark Henry for the World Heavyweight Title 45 seconds earlier) and defeated the Big Show by DQ last week on Smackdown.(YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS) They have a No countout/DQ rematch this week on Smackdown
R-Truth is back after being taken out the Wellness Policy Miz
BRODUS CLAY IS THE FUNKASAURUS FROM THE PLANET FUNK

Other things that probably aren't spoilery

Sheamus likes the beat the shit out of other people

Santino is awesome

Hunico has the best entrance ever

CM Punk is the Best in the World

Of course there are other promotions besides the WWE:

There's WCW TNA, which you can watch, but we really don't reccomend it

There's ROH with young guys that will be in the WWE in like 5-7 years

There's Chikara(Ants and invisible gernades, what more do you need?)

and a lot of others too

So ring the bell on this new thread!

Hjorvarthr on

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    That 5th spoiler is the best thing ever, and last week had that 1st spoiler, the previous best thing ever.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    SOMEBODY CALL MY MAMA

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    "My bad!"

Assuming direct control O-O
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So Raw AGAIN got a subpar rating with another huge chunk of people leaving by the second hour.

This shit is getting tiresome and I hope things start improving by the Rumble. Also WWE Network will now be launching in the Fall instead of April 1 but in all honesty that's a good thing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    RAW better call its momma.

I mean you can't really blame the Alabama/LSU game either since it was a blowout by 10. I know I've said the Neilson system is obsolete but it's still the main factor in advertising dollars for WWE (I think) and who get's pushed or not.

If anything I hope they try to put more actual WRESTLING on the show next week as that was my main issue with the show.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, the stupid bullshit to wrestling ratio was pushing into IMPACT territory...

...but at least the stupid bullshit was entertaining FUNKY.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    Also I'm dreading a backlash against Ryder soon for some reason. He's already getting booed outside the Northeast in most areas. Not Cena level but it's noticable.

edited January 2012
    The problem is they're pushing Ryder too much when he was getting over as an underdog.

Speaking of, I really hope they keep Brodus Clay off TV as much as possible. Only bring him in when he can give a full five minute match of fresh material or else it's going to get tired quick and running a character that good into the ground should be a jail-able offense.

Also, See No Evil is pretty terrible. Why are they making me watch a PG version of it starring Zack Ryder and a tire?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    Maybe they thought it was hopeless to compete against the college game and just decided to go a bit more apeshit with the Kane/Cena/Ryder thing. Let's all hope it's toned down by next week.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    And Eve isn't going to be cast as scared woman #1 anytime soon. It was pretty painful all around. That segment should have came back from commercial with the Kane attack instead of dragging it out forever.

I'm not a big fan of the suffocating hand over the mouth thing Kane is doing. I'd much rather see him dropping people on their head with a tombstone.

you know given a choice between cm punk's "reality era" and the funkasaurus

I think I'd rather have the funkasaurus

just fucking embrace how stupid and absurd professional wrestling is, because it's more embarrassing when you try and pretend to be super intense and meaningful all the time

I mean, I get that the attitude era was huge and brought in a bunch of people, but there's a lot to be said for the simplicity of the wwf in the 80's

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The backstage reaction to Brodus Clay's debut at RAW last night was said to be positive. WWE Officials felt that the gimmick got over the way they hoped it would.
    The announcement of Edge being inducted into this years Hall of Fame was said to be a popular decision internally as most everyone feels he is deserving of the recognition.
    After speaking with sources, WZ has learned that Yokozuna is expected to be announced as an inductee into the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame.

Yokozuna, real name Rodney Anoa'i, is a former 2 time WWE Champion, 2 time WWE Tag Team Champion and winner of the 1993 Royal Rumble.

In addition to his legacy in WWE, it is also worth mentioning that Anoa'i is related to The Rock. The two are cousins and a part of the famous Samoan wrestling family. There has been a lot of speculation, but not yet confirmed, that The Rock will be announced to the 2012 Hall of Fame class as well. Both the ceremony and WrestleMania are taking place in his hometown of Miami, Florida.
    WWE is going to be getting rid of the Vegeance pay-per-view. This will give them one PPV in October, allowing some more time to build to the Hell In A Cell and Survivor Series PPV's.
    ESPN's financial expert Michele Steele tweeted on Tuesday that John Cena was worth $106 million in retail value to WWE in 2011.

No further details were given to explain Cena's direct impact on WWE's business. It is speculated that the figure likely includes John Cena merchandise and an estimate of Cena's impact on PPV buyrates, live event ticket sales and advertising revenue from WWE programming that features Cena.

When you see this number it puts in perspective when we hear about WWE's hesitation over the years to make John Cena a clear cut bad guy because of the worry they would lose money on him.

Wonder how much Cena was worth in previous years?

edited January 2012
    you know given a choice between cm punk's "reality era" and the funkasaurus

I think I'd rather have the funkasaurus

just fucking embrace how stupid and absurd professional wrestling is, because it's more embarrassing when you try and pretend to be super intense and meaningful all the time

I mean, I get that the attitude era was huge and brought in a bunch of people, but there's a lot to be said for the simplicity of the wwf in the 80's

And yet you refuse to watch CHIKARA.

The Geebs That Makes No Sense.

Speaking of The New Generation WWF:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKeBoRbifw

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    dude I barely watch raw

Guess the Smackdown spoilers won't be ready till tomorrow, can't find them anywhere.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    They started late, didn't start till like 9:30 or something, that's why there's a holdup

Also, looks like they're trying to continue the angle where Cena gets more and more angry at Kane
    WWE's website is reporting that United States Champion Zack Ryder was seriously injured at the hands of Kane on Monday's RAW Supershow.

The storyline article says WWE doctors have Ryder recovering from the injuries and it's unlikely he will be able to defend the United States Title on next week's RAW.

They add that Ryder will undergo further evaluation at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California before next week's RAW.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I would watch Chikara but you know what, it ain't on the tv and I could be assed to watch it online. Same with ROH.

Maximum wrote:
    I would watch Chikara but you know what, it ain't on the tv and I could be assed to watch it online. Same with ROH.

RoH is on some TV and it's going to be on more tvs in March.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Smackdown spoilers are ready now
    Dark Match:
    * Skip Sheffield b. Percy Watson with a lariat.

WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday)

* Daniel Bryan opens the show but is interrupted by Mark Henry. Henry is banned from ringside for tonight's World Heavyweight Title match but Henry wants a title shot on next week's show.

* Justin Gabriel beat Heath Slater.

* Cody Rhodes beat Ezekiel Jackson. Before the match, Rhodes cut a short promo.

* Ted DiBiase beat Drew McIntyre. Hunico was on commentary during the match.

* Sheamus beat Jinder Mahal

* David Otunga beat Santino Marella

* Brodus Clay beat Tyson Kidd in a squash.

* Tamina beat Natalya

* Wade Barrett comes out and talks about winning the Royal Rumble. He announces he will go against Sheamus on next week's show.

* AJ Lee came out with Daniel Bryan for the No DQ, No Count Out main event for the World Title against Big Show. AJ went down in the match from Big Show and had to be taken out on a stretcher by medics. Bryan and Show went on to a No Contest.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    David Otunga... won?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Radius wrote:
    David Otunga... won?
    It is Santino though

Another loss for Drooooo?

FUNKASAURUSMANIA IS RUNNING WILD

Interesting way for the title match to end, D-Bryan's reaction is the key thing though

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So a no countout, no DQ match

ends in a no contest?

Also, let's try to remember the important thing here.

Brodus is probably the Funkasaurus because Masked Kane is on Raw. No need for three monster heels.

Masked Kane is only back because Vince has a mask fetish recently.

And Cara is hurt.

So really, Sin Cara is to credit for the birth of the Funkasaurus.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    It's AJ though!

She's adorable! and awesome!

edited January 2012
    While I'm sad that Tyson Kidd gets squashed

I think I need to watch Smackdown to see the Funkosaurus again and to see my boy D-Bry in action.

After PwnanOBrien posted the WWE Summer of Punk video I watched the RoH video and now I can't remember if I saw the Punk/Christopher Daniels 60 minute draw or not. Pretty sure I own all those shows. Must rewatch. Have to finish Death Before Dishonor first. I can't stand Chris Lovey (Gabe Sapolsky) on commentary though.

On an RoH related note, I'm super disappointed that the 10th anniversary show isn't on PPV. It's also a month late, but whatevs. I'd appreciate if TNA would let some guys go back for that show (Samoa Joe or Daniels) and it would be awesome for London to show up if he's still wrestling.

Magell on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    I don't get it.
    Did Big Show kill AJ?

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Gonna have to read more in-depth spoilers for Smackdown. I assume it was a N/C due to the medics, but why did Big Show crush AJ? Did Bryan complete his turn and shove AJ into him or what?

Assuran on
    edited January 2012
    I saw it worded a bit differently elsewhere:
    Aliens exist and Funkasaurus will defeat them!

Amikron Devalia on
  • VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    I don't get it.
    Did Big Show kill AJ?

More complete spoilers:
    World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan w/AJ vs. Big Show in a No Countout and Disqualifications match went to a no contest when AJ, who had accompanied Bryan to the ring, suffered a W.M.D. from Show after Bryan had ducked the move. After the match, trainers came out to take AJ to the back and Bryan went along to close the show.

Oh so its like
    When HBK ducked Jericho's punch rather than pulled his wife out of the way, so she got hit.

If that is what finally "turns" him fully I will laugh quite a bit as HBK ducking was portrayed as a face thing in that feud with Jericho despite Y2J not aiming for HBK's wife at all.

I would love if he just flips out and starts head-kicking now

he let it get to his head, and now he's gonna take it out on everyone

I said it in the last thread and I will repeat it until it happens. I can't wait for Daniel Bryan to yell "I have til five, referee."

It's going to be so good.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I doubt it was a shove, they're being subtle I thought. Probably he ducked and Show nailed her.

Whoops, beat

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    AJ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I have never watched wrestling ever

Hullis linked me the Brodus Clay video

I need to watch wrestling now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I don't get it.
    Did Big Show kill AJ?

More complete spoilers:
    World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan w/AJ vs. Big Show in a No Countout and Disqualifications match went to a no contest when AJ, who had accompanied Bryan to the ring, suffered a W.M.D. from Show after Bryan had ducked the move. After the match, trainers came out to take AJ to the back and Bryan went along to close the show.
    What a sweet twist. Will obviously need to see exactly how it's presented but this can be used to move both wrestlers in so many different ways. We can have vengeance seeking Bryan who embraces the dark side. We can have vengeance seeking Bryan who realises the way he's been doing things the wrong way and embraces the noble side. we can have don't give a shit about AJ except some superficial concerns because he is a total dick Bryan. Then we can have pretty much exactly the same broad range of approaches to Big Show: apologetic; unapologetic; angry; sad etc.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    Blankzilla wrote:

yessssssssssss

If you don't like WWE there's always CHIKARA, where someone will probably throw invisible grenades

Hullis wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:

yessssssssssss

If you don't like WWE there's always CHIKARA, where someone will probably dance.

Fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnTML5dEbBU

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.