As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hyberbole and a [chat]

MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!!America's WangRegistered User regular
edited January 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
Steam
So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
MyDcmbr on

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I had a great [chat] lined up.[/Lies]

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    aww, here I was ready to make The [Chat]osition

• Options
    Oh well. I had a sausage baguette this morning. It was great.

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    thehumandignity on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Y'know, if this guy is wrong (and there is an outside chance he may be talking out of his arse, here), I wonder how he'll justify it in later videos?

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Y'know, if this guy is wrong (and there is an outside chance he may be talking out of his arse, here), I wonder how he'll justify it in later videos?

Didn't the guy who predicted the Rapture in May of last year say it would be a gradual one?

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Sorry if my [chat] is not super awesome. I am at work and so I don't have access to a lot of cool things to make [chat]s with like Youtube and such.

It was either this or Spinnerette [chat], and this was more convenient.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options

Since it's 2012 and we're not a year and a half into WW3, he's already had to.

He was wrong about Obama causing Russia to invade the United States, but he was still right about WW3 because there are wars happening!

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular

Didn't the guy who predicted the Rapture in May of last year say it would be a gradual one?

Harold Camping? First he said it'd happen in May.

Then he said that the Rapture had been a "spiritual" Rapture, and that the physical Rapture (and, thus, the end of the world) would take place in October.

Obviously, that didn't happen.

He's retired now.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I don't often read Hyperbole and a Half, but when I do I enjoy it!

Also: Hello.

• Options
    Hmm, a minor character in a webcomic I read was a bit of a racist jerk a while back.

Yesterday he was killed in a rather brutal manner by one of the main bad guys. Some people on the comic's boards are cheering this.

This does not strike me as a mature approach to the situation.

• Options
    What is the mature way of dealing with the tragic loss of a beloved comic character who is also a racist jerk?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    What is the mature way of dealing with the tragic loss of a beloved comic character who is also a racist jerk?

I dunno how beloved he was, but his endeavours overall were definately for the forces of good, namely attempting to liberate a conquered city.

It just strikes me that cheering his brutal death because of some of his jerkish tendencies completely ignores any positive qualities he had, and is immature.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Asked in an interview on CNN's "John King, USA" last week about whether he might hold onto his delegates and attempt to force the GOP to alter its platform on national security or economic policy, Paul said, "That sounds like a lot of fun." He added that scenario "might be a way for me to promote the things I believe in, and that is a political action."

Every time Ron Paul says stuff like this, it makes it harder to not like him, crazy or not.

Steam
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Asked in an interview on CNN's "John King, USA" last week about whether he might hold onto his delegates and attempt to force the GOP to alter its platform on national security or economic policy, Paul said, "That sounds like a lot of fun." He added that scenario "might be a way for me to promote the things I believe in, and that is a political action."

Every time Ron Paul says stuff like this, it makes it harder to not like him, crazy or not.

I think he knows it's his last shot at the Presidency, so he might as well go down fighting.

• Options
    I will take kind of crazy over actively malicious any day.

• Options
    What, did you look at Iraq, and think, "Hey, how do we get in on that action? We've got way too many working roads, and erect buildings."

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    anybody know what happened to torchlight 2

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

The guy that is supposed to be relieving me in ONE HOUR just called off for his shift.

Now I am going to have to wait until the temp agency can get someone out here.

:evil:

Steam
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    anybody know what happened to torchlight 2
    They're waiting for Diablo 3 to be released so that they can utterly tank.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    nah bro d3 is due in 2014

theyre safe npnp

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nobody tell Kim Novak that movie music gets re-used all the time.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Ron Paul wrote:
    I've urged everyone in my family to know how to use a gun in self defense. For the animals are coming.
    Ron Paul wrote:
    If you have ever been robbed by a black teenaged male, you know how unbelievably fleet of foot they can be.
    Ron Paul wrote:
    At least 39 white women have been stuck with used hypodermic needles -perhaps infected with AIDS- by gangs of black girls.
    Ron Paul wrote:
    I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in [DC] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Some religious people handing out pamphlets knocked at the door. I went down thinking it was the postman and got greeted with "Good morning, do you want to learn about Jesus?" "Uh, no thanks" "Well, are you interested in science and evolution?" at which point I could see them rooting around in a big bag labelled "atheist bait". Considering I hadn't had tea yet, I'm very proud of how polite I was...

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Tav wrote:
    Some religious people handing out pamphlets knocked at the door. I went down thinking it was the postman and got greeted with "Good morning, do you want to learn about Jesus?" "Uh, no thanks" "Well, are you interested in science and evolution?" at which point I could see them rooting around in a big bag labelled "atheist bait". Considering I hadn't had tea yet, I'm very proud of how polite I was...

Mighty brave of them, given the circumstances.

They were jehovas witnesses or something right?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    The Hyperbole and a Half about this dude coping with depression was incredibly moving.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:

The hamster is what makes this.

• Options
    Tav wrote:
    The Hyperbole and a Half about this dude coping with depression was incredibly moving.

Lady.

Allie Brosh.

Steam
  • Options
    I expected a bearded weirdo to be behind hyperbole and a half rather than a fairly normal seeming, pretty lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzLPsgfOzXs

• Options
    A pretty girl on the internet? That's craziness, clearly that is just an actor

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    IF YOU HAD CAREFULLY PERUSED THE STORIES LIKE I CONSTANTLY DO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCEPTIONALLY OBVIOUS THEY WERE WRITTEN FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A YOUNG LADY

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    anyway I just cooked a fantastic breakfast. it was also huge.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I entirely forgot to have an fry up when I was back in the UK. Shit balls.

• Options
    I should try that "cooking" thing more often

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I entirely forgot to have an fry up when I was back in the UK. Shit balls.

Could you sneak aboard the Eurorail and have one?

• Options
    The redcoats know an outlander when they see one

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    The redcoats know an outlander when they see one

He should have his answers of Bristolian trivia handy to prove his identity.

• Options
    Sausages are the most difficult item to obtain. You can find things that are sort of bacon if you search (although it's too thin and circular) but the sausages they have aren't right at all.

This discussion has been closed.