As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sick Tat, Brah

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Man, that is one beautiful design. I hope that whomever I can plead with to design my next tattoo does half as nice a job on it as you've done there.

I got one of them there tattoo things already that I love very much, though.

It look-a like dis:

photo1mp.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i am strongly considering getting the quote "i am large, i contain multitudes" by walt whitman tattooed on me. it would be off-center on the left side of my chest stretching onto my shoulder. is this a stupid tattoo? i seek input.

(also because i am a big nerd the comma splice in the original printing bothers me and i might change it to a semi-colon or just do 'i contain multitudes')

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Man, I think that's a great idea for a tattoo.

Although I might just do "I contain multitudes" just for space considerations and to get the fat jokes out of the way.

E: says someone else with a literary tattoo

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If you are comfortable with it being on your body then get it done.

I ain't one to judge.

edited January 2012
    the thing i'm struggling with mostly is the typeface and whether to do any more intricate designwork to accompany the text

i like the idea of just text though

satansfingers on
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    each letter is a silhouette of one or two people contorted into the shape of the letter.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Apparently the in thing to do right now for bogans is no longer get the southern cross tattooed onto your arm (because all good bogans already have that) but to tattoo your surname in ye olde timey fonts across your back.

my brother was talking about getting our family crest tattooed on him and i had to politely explain that i would disown him

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Trying to weigh the potential for too much cliche-ness of getting a skull with a vine growing on one side, or a branch coming out, and a seedling out of one eye socket, and a rake and shovel crossed under it. My gardener pirate emblem! Also it would be on my shoulder

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    tattoo your thumb green

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Blake T wrote:
    Apparently the in thing to do right now for bogans is no longer get the southern cross tattooed onto your arm (because all good bogans already have that) but to tattoo your surname in ye olde timey fonts across your back.

No the name of your daugher, Chaynee (Sinead)

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    also at that show ira glass was onstage, hammered, and started heckling random people. that was a weird night.

I can't even imagine what a drunk Ira Glass would be like.

I have a tattoo on my shoulder. It's an Octopus that was taken from some promotional material Mike Mignola did for Hellboy. I wouldn't mind getting more tattoos, but I don't know what else I'd get.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • existexist Registered User regular
    i would feel a little bit sad if i saw ira glass being mean to people, deservedly or not :(

UmPiq.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    i once went to this weird comedy show of sorts where, at one point, a tattoo artist offered to tattoo eugene mirman's face onto any takers through the duration of the show. and someone accepted! no shots to eugene, but that is not a face i want to look at every day.

also at that show ira glass was onstage, hammered, and started heckling random people. that was a weird night.

I heard about that show on This American Life!

it was this show during the 'eugene mirman comedy festival' called 'the drunk show.' it was a bunch of people onstage getting drunk, basically, as they played a series of ridiculous games based on the 12 steps of AA. ira glass overdid it before getting onstage, and then proceeded to lose several games and get progressively hammered as a result of the games played. john hodgman and rachel maddow were there. eugene mirman, as a russian, dominated.

A surprising number of people would get a tattoo that they can't choose if it was free.

There have been studies about it and stuff.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote:
    Working on some changes to the design. He liked all of the background stuff but wanted the elephant's head a little larger and a bit more aggressive looking:

elephant_tatt2.jpg

Starting to get a really good jumanji vibe from this, which rocks

somebody commented that ira glass, as part of this american life, had heard stories from people of all walks of life, but when a sober comedian came on and discussed living with his parents he just couldn't hold it together and continuously mocked the guy.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    also, keith, there's more that came from
    like, one more. the other one.

8->

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Man, that is one beautiful design. I hope that whomever I can plead with to design my next tattoo does half as nice a job on it as you've done there.

It look-a like dis:

photo1mp.jpg

I like Streetlight better

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    somebody commented that ira glass, as part of this american life, had heard stories from people of all walks of life, but when a sober comedian came on and discussed living with his parents he just couldn't hold it together and continuously mocked the guy.

well, sober people aren't funny, sooooooo

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    DMAC wrote: »
    Working on some changes to the design. He liked all of the background stuff but wanted the elephant's head a little larger and a bit more aggressive looking:

elephant_tatt2.jpg

This is seriously, really really cool :^:
    Should show us pics when the guy gets it done!

skettios on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    If he wants the elephant to look 'tougher', he should have the tattoo artist put a barb wire wrap around the elephant's trunk.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Give the elephant a tattoo of a shark.

• MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular
    yeah, that elephant needs its own tattoos

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I would probably get the cymru dragon if I could think of a good place to put it. My back is reserved, and I have ideas for an arm band and a back-of-calf tattoo.

I might could put it on my other arm, or on my upper chest or something. Maybe.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    send me a full body shot and I'll see where it works best

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

A tattoo of a bear with shark arms that itself has axes for fins.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/2487211#Comment_2487211

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    i am strongly considering getting the quote "i am large, i contain multitudes" by walt whitman tattooed on me. it would be off-center on the left side of my chest stretching onto my shoulder. is this a stupid tattoo? i seek input.

(also because i am a big nerd the comma splice in the original printing bothers me and i might change it to a semi-colon or just do 'i contain multitudes')

it's a cool tattoo but get it right over your dick, with a linebreak so 'i contain multitudes' is across your nuts

sig.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    the thing i'm struggling with mostly is the typeface and whether to do any more intricate designwork to accompany the text

i like the idea of just text though

Typeface? Comic Sans

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    A surprising number of people would get a tattoo that they can't choose if it was free.

Rum company to give away 101 free tattoos
    Sailor Jerry, purveyor of 92 proof spiced rum, is offering 101 complimentary Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins-designed tattoos between noon and midnight Saturday at the Chicago Tattooing and Piercing Company, 1017 W. Belmont. Tattoos are first come, first served and the limited designs include anchors, hearts dedicated to mom and dad, a shark and a growling wild cat’s head. Get there early — the tattoo shop is expecting a crowd.

A tattoo of a bear with shark arms that itself has axes for fins.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/2487211#Comment_2487211

That would make a pretty badass tattoo.

• CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Mine.

andy-tattoo-2-web.jpg

I need to have it touched up as it faded a bit after it healed - but I expected that, having so much black on it.

edited January 2012
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Blake T wrote:

Rum company to give away 101 free tattoos
    Sailor Jerry, purveyor of 92 proof spiced rum, is offering 101 complimentary Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins-designed tattoos between noon and midnight Saturday at the Chicago Tattooing and Piercing Company, 1017 W. Belmont. Tattoos are first come, first served and the limited designs include anchors, hearts dedicated to mom and dad, a shark and a growling wild cat’s head. Get there early — the tattoo shop is expecting a crowd.

No joke, I would get a 'Mum' heart.

My Mum is fucking awesome.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    I would get a Chris Hallett's Mum tattoo too.

I would get a Chris Hallett's Mum tattoo too.

I can understand why.

• Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    Realy Shitty shots of my tattos

Right chest
    IMG_0066.jpg

The Big foot is my daughter who is now 10 ( as you can see from the dates) and the little foot my son who did not make it past 24 weeks. the prints are life size taken from teh ones the hospital took for both.

Left Chest
    IMG_0064.jpg

My first and event hought he work is not the greatest I love it.

Aww, those feet. I like those feet.
    Keith wrote:

It look-a like dis:

Keef I do not know what this reference means!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    Keith wrote:

It look-a like dis:

Keef I do not know what this reference means!

Catch-22 is a ska band that (some of) the original members broke off from and formed the "rival" ska band Streetlight Manifesto

Sounds gay.

This discussion has been closed.