As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Schrödinger's post

FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
Check out posts 800 and 801 of this thread. They switch places back and forth, if you look at the thread repeatedly. My guess is that TehSpectre and I posted at exactly the same time, and the post DB can't sort out which should be first.

FunkyWaltDogg on

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Check out posts 800 and 801 of this thread. They switch places back and forth, if you look at the thread repeatedly. My guess is that TehSpectre and I posted at exactly the same time, and the post DB can't sort out which should be first.
    I should be first!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Note that I'm not saying this is a problem which requires any sort of immediate attention. I just thought that everyone should see it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They seem to be firmly planted in place on my side. How are you viewing them, is one the end of a page and the other the start?

jothki on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2007
    They're not switching for me (IE), but following the link to FWD's post brings me to the top of the page following his post (TS's is normal), so there is something wonky going on.

Aroduc on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Okay, yeah, it switched for me. Maybe it takes a while for the server to refresh that, or something.

jothki on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited July 2007
    FWD's post should definitely be first. His PostID number is 2178831 whereas TS's is 2178832. Yet every time I look at it, TS's comes up first. But for me, it is a Bottom/Top of the page split. If someone had more posts-per-page than I, they might get a slightly different result.

It is interesting enough that it makes me want to have a look at the query but not really worrisome at all as it is the first such error I've heard about among several hundred thousand posts.

Ramius on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ramius wrote: »
    FWD's post should definitely be first. His PostID number is 2178831 whereas TS's is 2178832. Yet every time I look at it, TS's comes up first. But for me, it is a Bottom/Top of the page split. If someone had more posts-per-page than I, they might get a slightly different result.

It is interesting enough that it makes me want to have a look at the query but not really worrisome at all as it is the first such error I've heard about among several hundred thousand posts.
    Hear that FWD; we're special.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Actually, this happened to me and Senj a while back. They flipped back and forth a few times, but it worked itself out shortly.

James on