As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Missing 40k

spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filledRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2012 in Critical Failures
Does anyone have advice for how a long time fan without the to maintain and army stay involved in the 40k universe. I read white dwarf and codexes on occasion (although think of everything as being against second edition) but gave my Armies away years ago, and dont see real place as part of my future. Any ideas?

spacekungfuman on

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Collect for the sake of the hobby rather than the game? Rather than collecting an army, just buy models when you want to paint them? Plenty of people do it.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I just keep up with the occasional codex and the Black Library books.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Anid MaroAnid Maro Registered User regular
    You could also try the PnP, if that's your thing.

I love the setting of 40K, but never could get into the models and the wargame. Turned out Dark Heresy was right up my alley.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've been a long time fan who got out for years and recently got drawn back in. I'm loving it. If you don't want your own army for the cost, then find some friends who have extras and see if they can play against you and loan you an army.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Black Library books? I was reading them pretty hardcore in the periods when I don't actively game.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705