As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

haters only

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    you know what really fucking bugs me

the idea of adding shades of gray to fucking star wars

you guys it's a fucking space adventure series where people have last names like skywalker stop trying to turn it into a treatise on the cost of war, you buttheads

I swear you look at the extended universe stuff and it's like all those people read is warhammer 40k

Uh, the central theme of the canon of Star Wars is about the "evil" right hand man of the overreaching emperor who ruthlessly hunts down the rebels but then we see he used to be a good guy who was turned to the dark side by fear and passion but in the end redeems himself by saving his son. I don't get how you can complain that shades of grey aren't already central to the main story.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote:
    Everyone has said and done stupid things before. The fact you can realize they're stupid and have regret makes the all the difference.

interacting with oneself is one of my definitions of sentience! where is that science thread...

your face is the very definition of sentience

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

you guys it's a fucking space adventure series where people have last names like skywalker stop trying to turn it into a treatise on the cost of war, you buttheads

I swear you look at the extended universe stuff and it's like all those people read is warhammer 40k

Uh, the central theme of the canon of Star Wars is about the "evil" right hand man of the overreaching emperor who ruthlessly hunts down the rebels but then we see he used to be a good guy who was turned to the dark side by fear and passion but in the end redeems himself by saving his son. I don't get how you can complain that shades of grey aren't already central to the main story.

A unique form of colour blindness

zkHcp.jpg
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote:
    Everyone has said and done stupid things before. The fact you can realize they're stupid and have regret makes the all the difference.

interacting with oneself is one of my definitions of sentience! where is that science thread...

your face is the very definition of sentience

my face owns

• MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    You could try not missing the point.

Everyone knows the more you say something, the more important it is!

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    repeating the same shit over and over doesn't get more people interested, it runs the risk of pissing off people who might actually support the ideas

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

A unique form of colour blindness

completely blind isn't that unique

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:

There were people conversing about it and you're both free to join in on the conversation rather than whine about an info dump.

Or, perhaps you've been reading this website: http://derailingfordummies.com/

jkZziGc.png
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    repeating the same shit over and over doesn't get more people interested, it runs the risk of pissing off people who might actually support the ideas

edited January 2012
    Knob wrote:

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    JCIXgl.jpg

tumblr_lkalsuCRkO1qb7oofo1_500.jpg

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I hate waiting for a piece of mail.

I am looking forward to receiving Knob's band's cds.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote:
    I am saving this and using it as my phone's wallpaper.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Repeating stuff over and over is bad, I agree.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    but

rule of threes!!!!

7656367.jpg
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    that reminds me of a thing I hate

people who say celebrities die in threes

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    That reminds me of a thing I hate

Shows about celebrities' lives, celebrity scandals, and "housewives" shows.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:
    I am saving this and using it as my phone's wallpaper.

You're welcome

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

There were people conversing about it and you're both free to join in on the conversation rather than whine about an info dump.

The people who were, which there were very few, are already aware of privilege. I mean shit, if you want to participate in a circle jerk and celebrate how you and all of your friends are fine people who know all about privilege go ahead. You can then be aware that you're better than other people too.

But if you actually want to help change people's perception on things, you might not want to tell someone to suck a bag of geese when they offer some critiscm.

Blake T on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I hate that post

0BnD8l3.gif
    There were two people in this thread talking about how they weren't sure what privilege meant or that they'd learned stuff from the link

so it's hardly a circle jerk

that said, I tend to agree spamming a series of links and a large article every page is a bad idea

i hate that you have such strong feelings about that post

zkHcp.jpg
    I hate how this thread became about hating others for the things they hate.

Why can't we all just hate stuff in peace, you guys?

you both have dogs for avatars

this means you're literally the same exact person

you both have dogs for avatars

this means you're literally the same exact dog

zkHcp.jpg
    Kadith and I are very different people. I can go back to my realistic Beartato avatar, if that's easier!

• TefTef Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:

because fuck you that's why

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Tef wrote:
    godmode wrote:

because fuck you that's why

Tef nooooooooo

I thought we were bros :(

godmode wrote:
    Kadith and I are very different people. I can go back to my realistic Beartato avatar, if that's easier!

you have to decide for yourself if a dog with sunglasses is cooler than beartato, I can't do it for you

THIS THE HATIN THREAD

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    i hate this fucking thread and all this hate

fuck hate

just fuck
    instead
    me
    please

i'm so alone

zkHcp.jpg
    you're the boss

everyone hate kadith

7656367.jpg
    It's cathartic, I've found. Like some kind of primal scream therapy

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was on my lunch break the other day
    I work with a bunch of rednecks, who are all really nice! but I can't really talk to them about movies or music or politics or... anything, really

Anyway one of the cashiers is pregnant so they were talking about kids, and I'm joking about making sure my potential offspring grow up only liking the pop culture I want them to like, and it's all fairly innocuous, until the girl says something to the effect of "all I know is, if my son ever comes home and says 'daddy daddy I like boys!' then he's getting a good kick and some stern words"

And I just kinda stared really hard at her, trying to think of a place to start addressing this phenomenally idiotic statement, but then the break was up and I didn't get a chance to talk to her the rest of the day

And I know, being where I am, it shouldn't surprise me to hear shit like that, but it did!
    Especially because it was apropos of completely nothing

I did feel a little less angry after I last night's round of hatin'.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

The people who were, which there were very few, are already aware of privilege. I mean shit, if you want to participate in a circle jerk and celebrate how you and all of your friends are fine people who know all about privilege go ahead. You can then be aware that you're better than other people too.

But if you actually want to help change people's perception on things, you might not want to tell someone to suck a bag of geese when they offer some critiscm.

Why is it so difficult to read a helpful primer written in a very non confrontational way, though? It's easier to carry out a conversation once you've read that because of all the concrete examples it offers. What would you say to promote discussion? What are your criticisms?

jkZziGc.png
    I love wallowing in hate

7656367.jpg
    everyone hate kadith

my life as usual

zkHcp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.