As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling 2012: SET THE FUNKASAURUS FREE

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The D-Bry/Show match wasn't bad I think they sold the feud fairly well, other than Big Show no-selling just about everything Bryan threw at him, which just makes Bryan look comically weak.

Otherwise, I agree that things seem to be in a holding pattern mostly. they likely think it's too soon to start brewing for the Rumble. Things should pick up next week with qualifiers, etc.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Basically what Smackdown needs is a decent tournament. Given all the random guys that are "feuding" a real reason to go at each other and give a bit of tension to the results of the matches.
    I think they should do a tag lottery. Breathe some new life into the division while giving the undercard guys some more face time. Plus they could still tie the bigger feuds into it to make it more interesting.

• Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Oh hey americans, I am in California this week. What channel Raw is on in these part?.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh hey americans, I am in California this week. What channel Raw is on in these part?.

USA Network, check the hotel thingy for it

Goose! wrote:

USA Network, check the hotel thingy for it

Cool, thanks.

7KEFduI.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Matev wrote:
    The D-Bry/Show match wasn't bad I think they sold the feud fairly well, other than Big Show no-selling just about everything Bryan threw at him, which just makes Bryan look comically weak.

Otherwise, I agree that things seem to be in a holding pattern mostly. they likely think it's too soon to start brewing for the Rumble. Things should pick up next week with qualifiers, etc.

"Comically weak" is a pretty big stretch here, given the size of the Big Show and given that Big Show just took down Mark Henry, who'd been billed as this unstoppable force.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Seg wrote:
    Now if the Funkasarus goes on a Samoa Joe undefeated streak with out even making a huge deal of it then we could have something. Next Wrestlemania they are talking who should take the belt and he is like...well since last year no one has beaten me....ooops my bad did I say that outloud?

Watching that clip of him coming down to the ring and beating that guy in one move was enjoyable to me, because he looked like he was having a fantastic time. Almost reminded me of watching Foley during the Dude Love stuff.

They should try and film his big cross body like they did with Mike Knox. There was something about the camera angle they used with Knox that always made to seem like his Cross Body had a much faster and harsher impact. Get in up close on the victim and then here comes Brodus like a flying kool-aid man. OH YEAH!

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    PWInsider wrote:
    Epico and Primo defeated Air Boom to win the WWE Tag Team titles in Oakland, CA this afternoon.

Fuck this company.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    what

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    when was the last time they did a house show title change? Its been a while. And with the Wellness policy violation basically derailing Air Boom's momentum, I can't say this wasn't coming.

I won't say I didn't see it coming

I expected them to lose it, and sooner than they did

But to Primo's team

edited January 2012
    Oh goodness

Now I'm reading that apparently this happened because Bourne might have violated Wellness again

If that's true, I think he's done with the company

Fucking up Wellness tests, twice, both times while holding a title

edit: Now I'm reading that Bourne, when he came back from suspension, complained to upper management that WWE shouldn't have suspended him and Truth for synthetic weed, and that this is part of Bourne's punishment

Sweeney Tom on
    edited January 2012
    If this is over Bourne having opinions about his suspension it might be one of the most petty things I've ever seen Vince get all upset over.

Who needs the exciting matches of Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston though? We get to see this tomorrow:

20120113_raw_perezhilton_divas_c2.jpg

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote:
    when was the last time they did a house show title change? Its been a while.

I think it was either when Punk and Kofi won the tag titles or lost them. That was in 2008.

Petty? I disagree completely. Dude gets suspended because he did something he wasn't supposed to, if he doesn't get that message, you have to speak a little more clearly.

edited January 2012
    Kurt Angle wrote:
    Nope! I'm Happy Where I Am. No Rumble for Me!!!!

My Loyalty Is With Tna. Wwe Is Knocking On My Door, But I Won't Answer.

Yeah Kurt, I believe you. WWE is knocking at your door to get you. Because you really treated them respectfully the last time you were involved with them, and they really want you back. Yep.

Sweeney Tom on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote:
    when was the last time they did a house show title change?

They did switch the divas title b/w Melina and Mickie James on a house show once, and Miz and Morrison won the tag titles on a house show as well.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    The Melina/Mickie James thing went back and forth though, so it was almost like the title never switched hands at all

Kurt Angle wrote:
    Nope! I'm Happy Where I Am. No Rumble for Me!!!!

My Loyalty Is With Tna. Wwe Is Knocking On My Door, But I Won't Answer.

Yeah Kurt, I believe you. WWE is knocking at your door to get you. Because you really treated them respectfully the last time you were involved with them, and they really want you back. Yep.

Was there bad treatment on either side? I thought Kurt basically had the same issue as Edge did with his neck, and WWE couldn't get him insured or anything so they told him he had to quit, and instead he went to TNA.

edited January 2012
    He said he was wrestling hurt, severely on some occasions, needed more time off than WWE was willing to give him, and asked for his release so he could take a year or so off, and Vince gave him his release, promising him that anytime he wanted to come back, he would be welcomed with open arms

The instant he got his release, he reneged on that claim in private and immediately got in talks with the competition, and two weeks later was officially a member of TNA

For once, Vince was betrayed by a former talent, and not the other way around. I'm not going to say Kurt was wrong to go to TNA instead of go back to WWE, but if he was half as hurt as he claimed, he wouldn't have asked to leave a company because he was in "so much agonizing pain" then immediately after join the competition and put himself at more risk

I just assume that there's still bad blood between them, and the fact that Kurt is willing to take potshots at them any chance he gets, whether Orton uses an Angle Slam, or a fan asks Angle whether he'll be at the Rumble, just proves that bad blood is still there, and won't go away any time soon

Sweeney Tom on
    The other part of it was Kurt's addiction to pain killers, which WWE wanted to send him to rehab for, but Kurt convinced Vince to let him take a year off. That also didn't help.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    I know there were several stories going around when Kurt left WWE and showed up in TNA. If anything, do we have any sources to confirm that is how it went? What I had heard when it happened was that Kurt basically just needed time off to heal but wouldn't take it, so WWE sort of forced it on him and his response was to just go to TNA.

On the Evan Bourne thing, I'm going to side with it being petty. He violated the wellness policy and served his suspension. He then went to upper management after that to say it shouldn't be a wellness policy violation and is suspended for that. Unless he went to management while smoking, where did he not learn his lesson? You don't punish someone after they fulfilled their previous punishment for saying the punishment wasn't fair. It would be like putting a child in the corner because eating cookies just before supper isn't right, and then putting them in the corner again when they say they should be allowed to eat cookies then.

edited January 2012
    Angle stated in the Kurt Angle: Champion documentary DVD that he asked for his release from WWE because Angle couldn't take time off and he was working hurt, severely on some occasions. He also states that when he quit, WWE lost their very top talent, as he was at the very top of the payroll

So not only did he bail on someone who trusted that his reasons for leaving were honest, then betray that person, he also acted like a egotistical snob afterwards too

I actually have lost more respect for him looking this stuff up than I had prior to it

Sweeney Tom on
    I don't think ANY of the stories surrounding Kurt leaving have portrayed him in a good light. The only good things there are to say about it is that he was legitimately one of wwe's top stars at the time and it was probably TNA's biggest coup ever.

7KEFduI.jpg
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Angle stated in the Kurt Angle: Champion documentary DVD that he asked for his release from WWE because Angle couldn't take time off and he was working hurt, severely on some occasions. He also states that when he quit, WWE lost their very top talent, as he was at the very top of the payroll

So not only did he bail on someone who trusted that his reasons for leaving were honest, then betray that person, he also acted like a egotistical snob afterwards too

I actually have lost more respect for him looking this stuff up than I had prior to it

I remember some years ago WWE.com had the top 10 scandals or controversial moments and Angle leaving was listed. It pretty much stated that he requested to leave, was granted the request because he had provided medical documentation to such and then two weeks later showed up on Impact. But that was a few years ago now that it was on there.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Who needs the exciting matches of Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston though? We get to see this tomorrow:

20120113_raw_perezhilton_divas_c2.jpg

Who is that and why are they wearing James Mitchell's suit?

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Kreutz wrote:
    Who is that and why are they wearing James Mitchell's suit?

Perez Hilton from what I can recall reading.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    WWE in being petty as fuck shocker, colour me surprised.
    Frankly it would be more surprising to me if one of the worst companies on the planet were actually behaving in a reasonable manner.

In other, much more awesome news, Kenny Omega is the AJPW Junior Heavyweight Champion. he beat Kai back in October. So far the only sad thing about his reign is that he beat Minoru, and nobody should ever beat Minoru.
    Also this year he had his toughest match ever at a STARDOM event against Haruka, yes Haruka is a nine year old girl.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    KurnDerak wrote:
    I know there were several stories going around when Kurt left WWE and showed up in TNA. If anything, do we have any sources to confirm that is how it went? What I had heard when it happened was that Kurt basically just needed time off to heal but wouldn't take it, so WWE sort of forced it on him and his response was to just go to TNA.

That was the version I had heard, and pretty much cost me most of my respect for him.

As for the title change, while I don't agree with the reasons behind it if what is being said is indeed true, I think that changing the titles-- minor ones, at the very least-- on a house show (er, "live event") is a great idea.

...that is, if they had the cameras rolling.

They always boast these title matches at house shows, and most of the time, that pretty much spoils the outcome if you already know that the champ isn't going to lose his or her title. But title changes and other things at these shows isn't unheard of, and I think it's a good thing if you can honestly expect it to happen... just be sure to get it on tape, so you can play it back on Raw or Smackdown or something. It helps legitimize the events.

That, or just don't have title matches. That would work about as well.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Is this another one of those scenarios where Vince learns about something like people's complaints with the current tag team division, so he pulls a title switch at something people would look down to like a house show. Then if he can get heat out of it, he'll go from there. It would really suck to lose a highflyer like Bourne, who are my favorite type of wrestlers.

Xehalus on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    But in exchange for Bourne, you'd be getting the awesomely talented Primo and Epico. They have unparalleled skill at rolling dice on Rosa's ass.

LTM on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    yeah now primo and epico are free to feud with the usos!

And...what other teams are there?

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UgtiqQyAQTs

Link to footage of them winning the titles

Assuming direct control O-O
    From jobber entrance to champs in one week: the Primo and Epico story.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    but

but

they don't even have low-rider bicycles....

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Its the scenario where dude gets suspended for breaking a rule and then bitches that he shouldn't have been suspended when he comes back so he obviously didn't learn jack shit.

Let that sink in

Primo

is currently holding a (somewhat major) WWE title

Somewhere, Tyler Reks is thinking "FUCK YES I STILL HAVE A CHANCE AT FAME"

KurnDerak wrote:

That was the version I had heard, and pretty much cost me most of my respect for him.

As for the title change, while I don't agree with the reasons behind it if what is being said is indeed true, I think that changing the titles-- minor ones, at the very least-- on a house show (er, "live event") is a great idea.

...that is, if they had the cameras rolling.

They always boast these title matches at house shows, and most of the time, that pretty much spoils the outcome if you already know that the champ isn't going to lose his or her title. But title changes and other things at these shows isn't unheard of, and I think it's a good thing if you can honestly expect it to happen... just be sure to get it on tape, so you can play it back on Raw or Smackdown or something. It helps legitimize the events.

That, or just don't have title matches. That would work about as well.

They actually do videotape the matches at house shows, and do have photo crews on hand. It's not used often (or ever), but the footage can be pulled if needed.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Let that sink in

Primo

Just as shocking to me, honestly, is that Rosa now manages the Tag Champs while Vickie manages the guy who jobs to Punk and the guy who fills 5 min with Cena until Kane interrupts.

Let that sink in

Primo

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh written in the stars...

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.