As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• FarleymanFarleyman Registered User regular
    Going back to my story, our Jagdtiger was being circled by the enemy E75, so he was doing the pivot thing while the E75 was trying to get round behind him. I come along to assist and arrive with an excellent view of the E75's arse. Fire around four shots which all bounce, and then I have a view of his side. Take a shot, which misses the hull and tracks him, and his next shot finishes off the Jagdtiger. I assume that it was a critical shot, because the Jadgtiger was at 45%, and I didn't think the E75 could take that much damage off.

So as you can see, I am a traitorous dog and should be put down at dawn by firing squad o_O

steam_sig.png
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    The Derm wrote:
    1 remaining hp is enough, right?

also, I noticed they dropped the health on my beloved T1 from 125 to 115.
    The fiends!
    shot_006.jpg

Heh, it's less the 1HP and more the half your crew being dead. ;P
    It has only happened to me once, but I have seen it happen several times, where you're dead from crew being killed. I find the notion awesome and hilarious.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Is in game voice chat still apparently broken? I wanted to play with a few friends not on Vent, and we just got the damn in-game voice to work properly.

• The DermThe Derm Registered User regular
    So the Slugger with the 90mm and a rammer can be pretty good sometimes...
    I am going to miss having a turret on a TD, even if it does traverse at a pace that can only be described as tectonic.

shot_022.jpg

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    The slugger is really great. I dont know why there are so many complaints about it. I worked my way back up the tree to the M10 to try it too but its not as good, the front armor+ 90mm make the slugger so much better even for its tier. Then again one of the other two tier 6 TDs is the worst single tank in the game, so that may be coloring my opinion. The t25 is great too, fast good gun in the 105. Its pretty much a Jpanther without the 88 L71 option, you need to use the 105.

Also, finally got my patton today. Put a 100% crew from my t20 on it and free EXPed the tracks so I could mount the Pershing's 90mm and engine on it. Feels like a small upgrade over the Pershing for now. With the 90mm I have to pick my targets and sometimes avoid enemy heavies, but a fun tank so far.

• G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    The lack of depression on the 90mm ruined the Slugger for me. But yeah, the T25 with the 105 is an absolute monster.

Man, I'd have a Patton right now if I weren't saving credits for the T30. I'm jealous.

G. Cactus wrote:
    The lack of depression on the 90mm ruined the Slugger for me. But yeah, the T25 with the 105 is an absolute monster.

Man, I'd have a Patton right now if I weren't saving credits for the T30. I'm jealous.

I've been pretty good using hull position to overcome depression issues.

I too have hit a credit crunch. I have the following unlocked, but no where near enough credits:

Tiger P, Panther, VK3002DB, SU-8, M41 and T20.

Also jealous of your tier 10...

But I forgot my pen...
    Ok, got the 105 on the patton. Holy crap does that make a difference. Haven't tried it on an IS4 ot e75 yet, but that thing shreads through the armor of every other medium I've faced. Hits hard too. Fired two shots at an E50 and a Patton that were crossing my path (side shots), each time the shots tracked them and knocked them down to about 75%. The E50 got slung 180 degrees when he lost the track.

In other news, I still have no problems with them discontinuing sales of the Type 59.

vYRGw.jpg

Farleyman wrote:
    Going back to my story, our Jagdtiger was being circled by the enemy E75, so he was doing the pivot thing while the E75 was trying to get round behind him. I come along to assist and arrive with an excellent view of the E75's arse. Fire around four shots which all bounce, and then I have a view of his side. Take a shot, which misses the hull and tracks him, and his next shot finishes off the Jagdtiger. I assume that it was a critical shot, because the Jadgtiger was at 45%, and I didn't think the E75 could take that much damage off.

So as you can see, I am a traitorous dog and should be put down at dawn by firing squad o_O

That's a bummer. I actually am liking the Jagdtiger a lot, even with everything stock except the second engine. I need my teammates to cover me, but as slow as I go, I end up following the slower tanks anyway.

Bouncing a direct 12-oclock shot from a Lowe that by all accounts should have penetrated did bring a smile in my face.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The Derm wrote:
    G. Cactus wrote:

I too have hit a credit crunch. I have the following unlocked, but no where near enough credits:

Oh man, between the things I have unlocked or will have unlocked in about 40k exp there's: E100, T30, Pershing, Object 704, JagdTiger and Tiger P. Someone wanna give me 20 million silver?

• scarescare Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    A duck! wrote:
    The Derm wrote:
    G. Cactus wrote:

Oh man, between the things I have unlocked or will have unlocked in about 40k exp there's: E100, T30, Pershing, Object 704, JagdTiger and Tiger P. Someone wanna give me 20 million silver?

Welcome to the club! I'm now further away from the tanks than I was then.

scare on
    mister_fej.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Started playing this today. I've had some good matches and some absolutely terrible matches. I had a love-hate relationship with the Hotchkiss for a while - so incredibly slow, but its armor is so amazing for its tier that I could sometimes shrug off someone's shots completely while tearing them a new asshole.

Then I tried to shoot another guy and did like literally zero damage to him as he ventilated my anus.

Got a T3 light armor now, working up German stuff because the wiki entry for their Heavy class makes them sound like solid-armored beastmachines that shrug off fire. Accurate?

e: hooooly christ I just checked out some of the statistics stuff on the wiki. This game does a LOT more in the background that I thought it would from its arcade-y feel. The section on penetration is dizzying.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dac wrote:
    Started playing this today. I've had some good matches and some absolutely terrible matches. I had a love-hate relationship with the Hotchkiss for a while - so incredibly slow, but its armor is so amazing for its tier that I could sometimes shrug off someone's shots completely while tearing them a new asshole.

Then I tried to shoot another guy and did like literally zero damage to him as he ventilated my anus.

Got a T3 light armor now, working up German stuff because the wiki entry for their Heavy class makes them sound like solid-armored beastmachines that shrug off fire. Accurate?

e: hooooly christ I just checked out some of the statistics stuff on the wiki. This game does a LOT more in the background that I thought it would from its arcade-y feel. The section on penetration is dizzying.

Middle of the tier German tanks are decent, I'm not sure how the recent 88 changes affected them, but it sounded like what the playerbase had been asking for.

E-100 and Maus are great tanks though. The Maus being a brick house, and the E-100 being a better T30 until WG gets off their asses and releases the T110 (never).

The KT and E-75 are very cool tanks as well.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
    edited January 2012
    If you're going to go German heavies go Tiger H -> King Tiger -> E75 -> E100. I've seen absolutely terrible players dominate in the E75, and in the hands of someone who is in way capable it's amazingly good.

A duck! on
    edited January 2012
    I havent seen too many e100s yet, haven't had tanks that get matched with them till recently. Did see one hold the vally on lakeville with only one arty for help most of a match. The E75 though is one of those tanks I hate to run up aginst, only passed by the IS4. Good guns, and enough armor to really screw alot of lower tier tanks. KT was always good, and the tiger H is always a good sniper tank that is fairly moble. The tiger H has actually been bouncing more of my shots than I would expect with some of my lower tanks.

also, I have the 105, tracks, 2nd engine for my patton. Should I get the top engine (+120hp) or the 2nd turret (480 view range, better profile, better reload) first? Its already about as moble as my pershing, so Im thinking the turret as the engine is cheap EXP wise.

Ogotai on
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    I've finally unlocked the E-100, but surprise surprise, can't afford it!
    Should I grind towards the 155mm cannon or use free XP to get it?
    I'll be using E-100 exclusively for CW, I see no point playing it in randoms.

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    I would also suggest going down the Tiger(H) line to the E-75 and E-100. At the moment, the E-75 is clearly the best T9 heavy. A lot of people will disagree and say the IS-4, but that's only because of experiences trying to fight them from lower tiers where its higher side armor defeats the smaller guns. But, given equally capable drivers, an E-75 beats an IS-4 every single time.

As an aside, I just saw this link over at the official forums and it's pretty interesting. It shows a 3D model of all of the tanks with the layout of the internal modules like ammo racks, engines, fuel tanks, and crew members. It's pretty fascinating to see how all of these tanks were laid out. http://www.gamemodels3d.com/model/a11

edited January 2012
    And the Type-59 and T54 models are why I strive to circle things counter-clockwise.

A duck! on
    Wow, fuck being a T3 Light Tank up the nose. I'm seriously lucky if I survive the first two minutes.

I actually see many more E-100s than Maus' in public matches. Then again, I'm struggling with the IS, so heavies are not my thing.

• ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    68k or so exp from unlocking the T30

need to get it done before 7.2.

steam_sig.png
    68k or so exp from unlocking the T30

need to get it done before 7.2.

I know the feeling. I'm about 38k away and it's just UGGGGHHHH. I'm going to stick to daily doubles as long as I can, because fuck grinding that thing.

What the - 180k for a T4 tank? When I'm making like 1-3k a match?

Fun as this game is, that just sounds like grinding. Enjoyable while it lasted.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So I hadn't played this since quitting in frustration while slogging through the lower-middle-tier mediums in the beta about a year ago, then yesterday something just sort of came over me and I reinstalled and played all night. (My sleep schedule was extremely out of whack as it is - without looking at the clock I wouldn't be able to tell you with certainty what time of day it is right now - but whether that's the chicken or the egg of my sudden compulsion I'm not sure). Somehow I had overlooked/forgotten the fact they reset everybody's accounts when the beta ended, so having a garage with nothing but the starting T1 lights was kind of a kick in the pants. Ah well.

Going German and American again, because fuck the French tanks for even being in the game when nobody's ever heard of most of them and there's more important stuff the developers should be doing and fuck the Russian tanks for being best at everything. Got myself a M2 medium and a Luchs. The Luchs is a lot of fun once fully upgraded, if I die young (so to speak) at least I get to live fast, and it seems to be at a sweet spot tier-wise for matchmaking, I get a decent amount of matches where I'm the sexiest thing on the battlefield and even when I get stuck with the big boys they're only Tier 4-5 at most so at least I have a chance to effectively scout and harass instead of just being roadkill. I think I may keep it even once I move up the tree just for shenanigans. The only bummer about it is that the turret rotation speed is fairly glacial, I learned not to dogfight Russian fast-movers pretty quick.

The M2, on the other hand, is reminding me why I gave up on American mediums in the beta and just played US artillery. It isn't completely awful, I'm usually good for a kill and a couple more enemies damaged if I get in a match where I'm relatively middle/high-tier, it's just totally mediocre in almost every way. The snub-nosed 75mm howitzer is fun when it one-shots stuff like unlucky BT-2's and PanzerJagers but it has crap accuracy.

I did something out of character for me and splurged on a month of premium in hopes of making the grind through the lower-mid tiers more bearable. In matches where my team wins I do alright, in ones where we lose even with the premium boost repairs take at least of my earnings. Experience gain is even more of a bitch, I feel like I need to last most of a match and get at least 2-3 kills to get it to pay out at all and at this level with these tanks that's a total crapshoot.

So do I want this free Tetrarch or not? On one hand, free tank! And I know it's really fast and I've heard it's fun to drive, and I like tanks that are fast and fun to drive (see above re: Luchs). On the other hand, all Tetrarch drivers seem to do in every match where there's a group of them is an all-or-nothing end rush at the beginning of the game and more often than not die ignominiously - I actually welcome seeing a lot of Tetrarchs on the opposing team because I know it means there's a solid chance I'll be able to take potshots for an easy kill in the first two minutes of the game. Is the Tet good for anything else? If I buy it and then sell it, I know I can't get it again, but do I get to keep the extra slot that comes with it? If I already have empty slots in my garage, will the Tet go in there or does it still add a slot?

Gaslight on
    Dac wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, and yes, it can be a bit of a grind.
    Throwing even a little money at the game can help you over come that in a number of ways.
    If you don't want to throw down $Texas for a Lowe (or Type 59 for a limited time only! - hurry while stock lasts!) you can still fire out a couple of bucks to get something as innocuous as a Matilda or PzB2, which make quite a lot in the way of credits, and are a lot of fun as well.
    A week of premium now and again, is also a good way to lessen the grind.

But I forgot my pen...
    Gaslight wrote:
    So do I want this free Tetrarch or not? On one hand, free tank! And I know it's really fast and I've heard it's fun to drive, and I like tanks that are fast and fun to drive (see above re: Luchs). On the other hand, all Tetrarch drivers seem to do in every match where there's a group of them is an all-or-nothing end rush at the beginning of the game and more often than not die ignominiously - I actually welcome seeing a lot of Tetrarchs on the opposing team because I know it means there's a solid chance I'll be able to take potshots for an easy kill in the first two minutes of the game. Is the Tet good for anything else? If I buy it and then sell it, I know I can't get it again, but do I get to keep the extra slot that comes with it? If I already have empty slots in my garage, will the Tet go in there or does it still add a slot?

Yes, you do. It does give you a free garage slot even if you aren't full and you will keep that slot even if you sell the tank (but it's not worth the credits of selling it). As far as the tank itself goes, it's as good as you make it. Largely, it's like a smaller BT-2, so it's not like some completely new playstyle. That 'all or nothing rush' you mention is nothing new to BT-2s either, and you can play around it the same way. However that doesn't mean it doesn't work. This is especially true when you get the crew to a higher % level and the chance of making a decent portion of your on-the-move pot shots rises significantly.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dac wrote:

soon money will be the least of your concerns. try getting 100k experience at hundreds of xp per round +bonus win of low thousands. By the time you hit the XP requirements you'll pretty much have enough money to buy the new tank twice. Well, that's if you're not spending more per round than receiving.

But seriously, if you enjoy playing then it's no grind. I think of it like Counterstrike except after every thousand matches I get a cookie!

edit: re:tier 2 tanking.

tier 2 tanking is the most fun shit ever as long as you get in a tier 1 tier 2 match and not a 2 3 and 4 tier match. I think my current best round is held in an M2 light tank where I got 8 kills blasting away at T1 cunninghams, MS-1s, and loltraktors. Even if you get in the upper rounds sticking around a bigger guy or in a group with other Tier 2 then you can usually be an asset to the team.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Dac wrote:

I didn't go premium until I hit T4, but to be honest this game is way too much of a grind without it. but having gone premium, it's quite enjoyable, and can't go back. Even as much as people say that high tier tanks are unprofitable, I still profit in my T9-10s with premium.

• WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    Dac wrote:

soon money will be the least of your concerns. try getting 100k experience at hundreds of xp per round +bonus win of low thousands. By the time you hit the XP requirements you'll pretty much have enough money to buy the new tank twice. Well, that's if you're not spending more per round than receiving.

But seriously, if you enjoy playing then it's no grind. I think of it like Counterstrike except after every thousand matches I get a cookie!

CS was a lot less RNG though and I knew a headshot was a headshot. AWP did its job, tank destroyers do not. stuff like that

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    Simpsonia wrote:
    Dac wrote:

I didn't go premium until I hit T4, but to be honest this game is way too much of a grind without it. but having gone premium, it's quite enjoyable, and can't go back. Even as much as people say that high tier tanks are unprofitable, I still profit in my T9-10s with premium.

I was similar, but different. I've picked up a month of premium, but it's largely because I was making a number of high-cost purchases (between picking up my T-54 last month and an IS-3 a little after, and then another million credits worth of upgrades between them, not to mention the ammo cost on each of them being HIGHER than some of those tier 3 tanks ...). I need to get some silver to pluck up some credits towards a couple of new tanks (as I progress the French light/medium line). Before this though, I would buy a day of premium here or there when I knew I could play for a full day or so. I basically got up to my T-44 without a steady source of income, and that includes getting both the KV-13 and T-43. XP is a bitch, but you're always acquiring it. Money, in contrast, can be lost very easily in bad matches, especially in tier 8+.

The game can be a lot of fun at tier 2 and 5, and neither really takes that much effort to get into. At least get that far for yourself. (and seriously, tier 2-3, if you start getting good at them, can easily clear you 5k credits a match without premium)

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    yeah I can't argue that. AWP never decided "welp, this time I'll bounce 10 shots in a row"

But my point was mostly that I look at this game like its a round based shooter. I'm playing it because (when it's not frustrating as hell) I like playing it. I try to treat the other stuff (unlocking new tanks, buying/researching new parts, etc) like icing on the cake. Eventually you'll hit on some tanks that just work for you (BT-2, T20, E8, Grille are mine so far) and you can always go back to them whenever grinding out the latest shit gets you down.

I look at tier 10 and say I'll never actually get that far, but then, I said that about the tier 7 tank I'm on now too. Once you get into a good clip you can easily pull in like 10kxp and 100k credits per night.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited January 2012
    Simpsonia wrote:
    Dac wrote:

I was similar, but different. I've picked up a month of premium, but it's largely because I was making a number of high-cost purchases (between picking up my T-54 last month and an IS-3 a little after, and then another million credits worth of upgrades between them, not to mention the ammo cost on each of them being HIGHER than some of those tier 3 tanks ...). I need to get some silver to pluck up some credits towards a couple of new tanks (as I progress the French light/medium line). Before this though, I would buy a day of premium here or there when I knew I could play for a full day or so. I basically got up to my T-44 without a steady source of income, and that includes getting both the KV-13 and T-43. XP is a bitch, but you're always acquiring it. Money, in contrast, can be lost very easily in bad matches, especially in tier 8+.

The game can be a lot of fun at tier 2 and 5, and neither really takes that much effort to get into. At least get that far for yourself. (and seriously, tier 2-3, if you start getting good at them, can easily clear you 5k credits a match without premium)

Chiming in to say get a month of premium as well if you're enjoying yourself. It just makes life so much easier. You'll want to gouge your eyes out attempting to level on a free account.

Once you get a tier 5 or 6, then you can go back to being free and just dick around when you feel like tanking it up.

Some solid tanks to aim for are the Pz4, KV, Leopard, Stug, Marder II, and SU-5. All low level, but can still be fun even when the MM tries to screw you over.

Once you have a small stable of tanks you genuinely enjoy playing, then you've hit ~tank nirvana~ and never have to pay more unless you're like me and can't resist the lure.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
    I will echo that, except to say:

Leopard is not fun, 9 matches out of 10. That one match where you're the top of the heap, and there's 4 arty aside? So. Much. Fun.

But I forgot my pen...
    Shelled out some money to get the T4 medium tank I was gunning for. Got placed into the higher end on first match, killed someone, then died.

Next 5 matches are defeats with me on the bottom. Obviously no kills despite my 70% hit rate, and I've done a GRAND TOTAL of 16 damage because I'm STUCK with the shitty starter gun until I can upgrade my track.
    RICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETDIDN'TPENETRATETHEIRARMORRICOCHETRICOCHETDIDN'TPENETRATETHEIRARMOR

*dies*

*20 experience*

Dac wrote:
    Shelled out some money to get the T4 medium tank I was gunning for. Got placed into the higher end on first match, killed someone, then died.

Next 5 matches are defeats with me on the bottom. Obviously no kills despite my 70% hit rate, and I've done a GRAND TOTAL of 16 damage because I'm STUCK with the shitty starter gun until I can upgrade my track.
    RICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETRICOCHETDIDN'TPENETRATETHEIRARMORRICOCHETRICOCHETDIDN'TPENETRATETHEIRARMOR

*dies*

*20 experience*

Trust me, we've all been there. It's a bit worse now too with the changes to HE in 7.1 making it far less spamable (and as such, far less of an answer for those situations). HOWEVER, it can still be used for good effect. You might at least damage modules or crewmen. Try aiming for the viewport-ish area on the lower hull, or the turret ring or any spot you might see a small hole. Damage can leak through those and, while you might not knock HP off the enemy, you've potentially still done damage and will get rewarded accordingly.

Tip number two is to just try and live. If you know you're having a hard time dealing damage, don't try to do damage. I'm not sure which tank you've gotten into (Let me guess, the Lee?), but if you can just be the eyes in a bush you will get rewarded for spotting at the end of the game. You also earn more XP and credits for simply living longer in a match. Staying alive for 30 seconds does you no good compared to staying alive for 10 minutes, even if you don't accomplish much of anything. Being around in the late-game also gives you a better chance to sneak around the enemy and go for a cap. Really, if you can't be effectively aggressive (and there can be a number of reasons for that), then don't try to be. A lot of this game is understanding when to make your move, and patience really, really is key.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Got my Lee last night. Whereas the M2 was merely sort of mediocre in almost every respect...the Lee is apparently just goddamned butt-grade crap in every respect. Seriously, does this thing have any redeeming qualities? At least the M2 actually has a fucking turret, and it didn't get me dumped in matches against Tier 7 heavies. "Front armor is decent, take cover and shoot from far away," is what people in game told me. Well, taking cover is not a simple task when my gun is in the hull and I have a silhouette slightly less prominent than a Gothic cathedral.

In other news, just had a match in my Luchs on...one of the desert maps, I can't keep track of what they're called, there was only one in the beta and now there's like 3-4 (not that that's a bad thing). Snuck through a winding wadi in the middle of the map, climbed a hill on the enemy side, raped an oblivious Marder II in the ass, circle-fought an M2 to death, ran for my life and finally succumbed to the concentrated fire of roughly half a dozen enraged enemy vehicles.

Two kills, nine detected...441 experience. Thanks? :? I thought detecting was supposed to be what made lights viable in higher-tier games and what I would really be rewarded for. I feel a little gypped.

Gaslight on
    From my understanding (someone else can verify or correct accordingly), the bonus only applies if the things you spotted actually get destroyed in the match. It's kind of a extra bitch in that respect ...

As for the Lee ... I lack general advice with it. I played it, because I was determined to get an M4A3E2, but I recall very little of my time with the Lee. I *do* remember it being a lot more tolerable than many people said it was. I know I hated playing my A-20 far more than the Lee. *shrug* No, nothing about it is great. You're pretty much screwed against lights that can circle you. You lack the firepower to kill higher tiered enemies reliably. But frankly, it does do fine against its own tier and under when it's actually able to shoot. This is one such reason for platooning. The Lee becomes much better when you can work with a team mate and know you aren't 100% susceptible from the rear. You can try hanging around your team mates more often for a similar effect, but it's all but impossible to ever rely on randoms.

edited January 2012
    Gaslight wrote:
    Got my Lee last night. Whereas the M2 was merely sort of mediocre in almost every respect...the Lee is apparently just goddamned butt-grade crap in every respect. Seriously, does this thing have any redeeming qualities? At least the M2 actually has a fucking turret, and it didn't get me dumped in matches against Tier 7 heavies. "Front armor is decent, take cover and shoot from far away," is what people in game told me. Well, taking cover is not a simple task when my gun is in the hull and I have a silhouette slightly less prominent than a Gothic cathedral.

Oh Lee, arguably the worst tank in the game :P

You can have some luck playing it like a gimpy TD, but there's no easy way around bad the Lee is.

Things get better if you're going down the medium line, but be prepared for more arduous matches if you're going heavy as the T1 and M6 are quite bad. At least the T29 and T32 are some of the most fun heavies in the game.

Dac wrote:

*dies*

*20 experience*

[Good Advice]

I can't really add much more to what Arctic has said, other than welcome to the cycle of tanks :rotate:

Every time you upgrade, unless you've saved up free xp, it's gonna suck. Then you'll go through an adjustment period as you earn upgrades, and near the end as you get better with the tank you'll actually enjoy it. But by then you've got enough xp for the next tank and the cycle continues!
    From my understanding (someone else can verify or correct accordingly), the bonus only applies if the things you spotted actually get destroyed in the match. It's kind of a extra bitch in that respect ...

IIRC, you get a small bonus for initial spot, then you get a portion of the xp from anyone damaging a tank you can see, that they wouldn't normally have sight on.

Like if you light up some tanks, and the arty kills them while you're providing vision, you'll get a portion of that xp and credits. It's one of the reasons arty isn't super crazy easy to level. Other tanks are always leaching away xp since they're providing the vision.

e;

according to the wiki:
    3. For spotting an enemy tank on the radar (only the first tank to spot each enemy gets the bonus). You will get more experience for discovering an SPG than for a regular tank.

4. For lighting up an enemy tank while your allies damage it from beyond their range of vision (you get a bonus of 50% of the experience the damager causes - note: this bonus is divided between all tanks that can see the enemy at the time of damage). This means keeping the enemy in the team's radar because he is within your radio range.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The Lee has a good gun in tier 4 games. And you're never in tier 4 games, so it's just terrible. Tier 4 is a very bad place to be - it combines the huge flaws found in lower tier tanks with higher tier matchmaking. Tier 5 still gets screwed on matchmaking, but at least the tanks are legitimately good.

Spotting: You did a little credit for spotting someone for the first time in a game, but it's not much. The real rewards come when you light up a guy who gets shot by someone else. A Chaffee hiding in the middle of the field on Malinovka can make a fortune by sitting still and letting his teammates bust up guys sitting in base. The problem is that low tier lights generally don't have the view range to pull that off very often.

Edit: Six minutes late!

G. Cactus on
This discussion has been closed.