As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Snakes on a Plane - updated 8/8/06

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
So, I don't know how many of you are aware, but Snakes on a Plane comes out the week before PAX.

Anyone interested in getting together Friday night for a huge theater raid? The only way movies this bad are fun is with a bunch of people to make fun of it collectively, so why not pack a theater with PA nerds to ridicule it together?

Plus, it would totally ruin the five people's nights who legitimately went there to see it. Which is rad.

edit: The first theater raid will be taking place Thursday, August 24th following the Pre-PAX dinner, which will start at 7 pm at Las Margaritas. More details regarding the dinner are available here - please RSVP if you plan on attending the dinner in the dinner thread so we can get a close-to-accurate headcount. Showtimes are 9:55 or 10:35 PM at Lincoln Square, depending on when we get out of the PAX dinner. I will be attending the 10:35 show, as I've got another dinner at 9 that I have to show up at, but many are planning on hitting the 9:55 show.

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Only if we can throw popcorn at the screen and make socailly inappropriate comments.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2006
    popcorn at screen? prolly not. those things cost a lot of money.

inappropriate comments? fuck yes. that's why this movie was made.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    How much would it cost to rent out a showing or two for the night? Will theatres even do that anymore?

Joeslop on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2006
    no clue, but worth looking into.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited June 2006
    They still do, but I doubt the movie will sell out, even with our group. Even then, half the people who buy tickets for a sold out show refund them because the seats suck. We'd have no problem fitting ourselves in, and wrecking the movie for anyone else there ^^

Trillian on

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'll likely have seen it twice before this time, and I'm still in.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    We've had this on the books for about four months now, man!

In fact, the topic is on the :arrow: front page.

The older thread is on the :arrow: second page.

Oh, and by the way:

PWNT! :D

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited June 2006
    ouch, ctish. how did I miss both of those?

oh well. at least with a poll, it will be easier to track numbers.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited June 2006
    Hey, so long as you're there, I'm happy.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    edited June 2006
    awwww

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited June 2006
    Don't worry. It'll get creepy. I'll see to that.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited June 2006
    You could cut the greasy homoerotic tension in here with a knife! :winky:

Trillian on

edited June 2006
    :winky:

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    You could cut the greasy homoerotic tension in here with a vibrator! :winky:

Joeslop on
  • the doughthe dough Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Has any progress been made on the PAX dinner? I know there was that poll on that geocities site a while ago but it seems like we never got anywhere with it.

the dough on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006

Yeah, its rediculous how much they charge for a bucket of popcorn nowadays.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited June 2006
    eelektrik wrote:

Yeah, its rediculous how much they charge for a bucket of popcorn nowadays.

thats why I sneak in my own bucket of pipin' hot greasy gravel!

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited June 2006
    *ridiculous

the dough on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    the dough wrote:
    Has any progress been made on the PAX dinner? I know there was that poll on that geocities site a while ago but it seems like we never got anywhere with it.

It's still in place. And I'm still getting people's input, votes, and the like. It's still too early to shut down the poll, so get your input in so you can be counted! Write-ins are welcome. I'll take it down around the beginning of July so that I can move forward with contacting the restaurant that the majority have chosen.

http://www.geocities.com/electric_koolaid_acid_trip/prepax06dinnersurvey.html

Um... yup. :wink:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
    edited June 2006
    Wicked, I appreciate you taking the initiative. I look forward to gorging myself with you.

the dough on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    the dough wrote:
    Wicked, I appreciate you taking the initiative. I look forward to gorging myself with you.

Well, thanks very much! I look forward to meeting you too.. in fact, we'll toast a shot together! :P Opah!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2006
    fuck this snakes on a plane shit, clerks 2 comes out the week before pax

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Borfase wrote:

The first one was good, but overrated.

Doc on
    edited June 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Borfase wrote:

The first one was good, but overrated.

i agree, but i saw a trailer for clerks 2 and it actually looks pretty funny

Borfase on
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited June 2006
    edited July 2006
    Borfase wrote:

man, if Clerks 2 is any good, it will be good at any time.

the only way Snakes on a Plane will be any good is if you have a bunch of nerdy friends you can crack jokes with about it.

Now, staging a theater raid from a convention filled with nerdy friends basically guarantees a good time.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited July 2006
    Borfase wrote:

the only way Snakes on a Plane will be any good is if you have a bunch of nerdy friends you can crack jokes with about it.

Now, staging a theater raid from a convention filled with nerdy friends basically guarantees a good time.

having a theater full of sweaty nerds who think they are hilarious crack old and lame jokes for an hour and a half at a movie that already sucks does not sound like a good time to me

Borfase on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Borfase wrote:
    Borfase wrote:

having a theater full of sweaty nerds who think they are hilarious crack old and lame jokes for an hour and a half at a movie that already sucks does not sound like a good time to me

Then dont go.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited July 2006
    Borfase wrote:
    Borfase wrote:

sweaty nerds who think they are hilarious crack old and lame jokes

You should be right at home

Trillian on

edited July 2006
    BigRed wrote:
    Borfase wrote:
    Borfase wrote:

Then dont go.

don't worry, i'm not gonna interfere with your guys' night of "comedy," i'm gonna round up a couple dudes and go watch clerks 2 or go drink until i wake up in a gutter or something equally fun

i'm just having a conversation with my good friend rankenphile here

Borfase on
  • postermonkeypostermonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    i watched the trailer from that yahoo link .. is that for real?

it looks completely retarded ...

i wanna know who said " snakes on a plane? that sounds like a GREAT idea lets make that movie ! "

was samuel l. jackson EVER good? i just dont get it ....

clerks 2 gets my vote.. or that drunken gutter thing ........

or more sushi and left over krispy kreme ....

OR you could go into seattle and see skerik !! i believe his new band is in seattle thrusday night...

postermonkey on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    uh yeah, I'm leaning towards clerks 2 myself, that is if i feel like i can sit through a movie after driving for several days without falling asleep. I'd really rather not fall asleep during clerks 2

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2006
    Bringing this topic up again, as we are getting closer to PAX date.

Any further thoughts? It looks like we're going to have a big crowd going, so should we contact a theater about reserving it for one showing for PAX attendees?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited July 2006
    Bringing this topic up again, as we are getting closer to PAX date.

Any further thoughts? It looks like we're going to have a big crowd going, so should we contact a theater about reserving it for one showing for PAX attendees?

Nope. We should stage a raid with no prior warning.

Trillian on

edited July 2006
    Uh huh. This is how it must be done - a massive raid upon the cinema.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    We should all make sure that we know when this raid is going to happen for maximum effect.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
    edited July 2006
    We need someone local to go scout theatres for capacity and comfiness. Then we may decide on a showtime and make it known!

Trillian on

edited July 2006
    Perfect. Anyone in the area want to take one for the team?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2006
    Lincoln Square (really close) has a good movie theater from what I've heard, but it's hella expensive. The other option in Bellevue would be the Galleria, which has good screens and seats.

Unknown User on
    edited July 2006
    How far is it from PAX?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png