As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

167891012»

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dang. I really like the way it's looking. The variety shown in the concepts is something I love to see. I think your final choice was strong.

NibCrom on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't really like how it ended up that much. It looks very flat and stiff - and not intentionally. I think if you had an even flatter character but a very animated, 3d pose it might work better. I think you could also play with the sharpness and transition of forms (everything feels very soft right now) that really accentuates the edges and '2d'ness of him.

If you wanted to go the other direction, then you really need to animate that pose. Curling the shoulders, twisting the waist - etc. The features of the face could wrap around the head more instead of sitting on a flat plane (I've heard some sculptors refer to this as 'draft').

Wassermelone on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Kendeathwalker on
    edited May 2015

Kendeathwalker on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Is he dead and parachuting to earth? I actually like it quite a bit, though I feel like I dont know quite whats happening.

What medium is it?

Iruka on
    edited May 2015

Kendeathwalker on
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm reading City of Thieves now. It's been really good so far.

Anyways, here is page 26:

2011-04-15-page26.jpg

Comments and crits welcome!

Mace1370 on
    edited May 2011
    Two new pages. We did a little something different with the dialog bubbles this time (Kenny drew them in directly to the page). Let us know what you think!

2011-05-24-page27.jpg

2011-05-25-page28.jpg

Mace1370 on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like the way the dialogue balloons look. Fits with the art style nicely.

I think the flow on the second page could be stronger. My eyes went straight to the dialogue balloon and then down the page, skipping the upper left panel. Maybe if the balloon centered towards the corner of the upper left panel, although that's probably difficult to do if the balloon is drawn on the page. That's how I read it anyways.w

Is the split of the main image into a separate third panel necessary? The gutter is almost at a tangent with the top of the guy's head. I thought the main image might be stronger as one panel.

NibCrom on
    edited May 2015

Kendeathwalker on
    Hey guys. Haven't posted here for feedback in a while. We recently updated the style a little bit.

Here are a couple of the more recent pages Let me know what you think:

2011-12-02-page30.jpg

2012-01-14-Page33.jpg

• squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The grey gutters aren't working for me but these are vastly more dynamic. :^:

EDIT: OH! Also! The lettering's a big upgrade, I think.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
    edited May 2015

Kendeathwalker on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Yeah; on a page that's fairly busy with a lot of visual competition the midrange value is just disappearing at a glance -- especially since some of the backgrounds (the floor in panel 3 in particular) are virtually the same value if not almost the same exact color. It may just be me though.

The ones on the second page, I should point out, are working fine; the bluish-gray is a samey hue with everything which makes it nice and unified, but it's still light enough to stay good & separate from the darkish interior panels.

header_image_sm.jpg