As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Article research

DC MissFireDC MissFire Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in PAX Archive
I'm looking for a little help from all of you PAX goers (whether experienced or virgins) as a I write a four-part series on the event for The Blue Skittle. I just finished the first article simply covering what the convention is about (it will be published in the next version coming later this week). Part 2 is where I need y'all's help (thanks to Mr. Khoo for giving me the ok).

I'm not aiming to write a series coving the usual "this is PAX and this is what they do... blah blah" articles. The Blue Skittle is a magazine about gaming culture and community; we write about the people who game and their passion. With that said, I'm looking for a few people (at least 3, probably more) of differing personality/gaming experience/location to be in the spotlight; interviews (preferably live via IM or Skype, but emails/PMs will do) will happen between now and Sunday. We want to highlight you as a gamer and member of this community; those who are interested must commit to being interviewed again post-PAX to divulge on the event.

Any comments, suggestions, complains, inventions from you all would be much appreciated. I am open to any suggestions, included someone sponsoring me to PAX so I can get a hands-on experience. :P

DC MissFire on

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    feel free to get in touch with me through yahoo im, same id as this one

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you can work around my crazy night shift schedule you can PM me or find me on irc.slashnet.org #paforums_pax

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    I'm in, you can find me in the same IRC channel or check one of my IMs in my profile.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm down. You can PM me for my email address, and we can set up a live interview if you'd like. I work fairly normal hours.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you want to know about the omegathon process, even though I'm not in it, I'm going to be covering it this year cuz my friend is an omeganaut.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • DC MissFireDC MissFire Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for the support everyone! I'm finishing up my question list right now and will contact a random selection of people.

DC MissFire on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If it's not to late, I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in the interview ring. I don't IRC at all, but I'm usually on AIM between 6-9:00 Central time each night.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for everyone who volunteered to help! The last of the questions were PMed to everyone this evening.

Part 1 of this PAX series for The Blue Skittle will be published on July 5th, so please check it out!

DC MissFire on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    I just finished filling mine out, and just so you all know how much I had to say, I broke the character limit for PMs and had to split it into two messages. I always tell people, never ask me a question about something unless you want the longest answer imaginable...

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    lol, yeah, i went into pretty good detail for some of the questions, although the "what should change about pax" question had a pretty short answer ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hah. I kept it relatively short, but I think I gave a good accounting. I kept mentioning how much the Party at Sealab Party was gonna rock.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited July 2007
    Hey, it's the content and not the length that counts. Thanks to those of you who hve already responded to the questionaires, and thanks to those who are working on them right now!

DC MissFire on
    edited July 2007
    It's finally here! The second edition of The Blue Skittle has arrived, featuring the first part of the Countdown to PAX series. Thanks to changes in the schedule, this first article is still a generic article about PAX; the gracious forum members who participated in my questionaire will be featured in August's edition (on the calendar for the first week of August). Sorry to keep y'all waiting for so long.

DC MissFire on
    edited July 2007
    Hey, sorry I was on vacation when you sent out the PM... do you still want me to fill it out?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited July 2007
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Hey, sorry I was on vacation when you sent out the PM... do you still want me to fill it out?

Thank you for the offer, but I've already submitted that portion of my next article. I'm sorry you missed out on the questionaires.

DC MissFire on
    edited July 2007
    Qs23 wrote: »

Thank you for the offer, but I've already submitted that portion of my next article. I'm sorry you missed out on the questionaires.

Hey man... no biggie, just making sure.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I find it amusing that in your article you call the Robot Chicken Farewell Party "established" when it's never been run before (to my memory).

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2007
    I find it amusing that in your article you call the Robot Chicken Farewell Party "established" when it's never been run before (to my memory).

I used "establish" as in the PAX community has begun recognizing this event and making "plans" versus you get there and say Saturday night, "dude, let's play!" I understand your point, though; sorry for the misinformation. I was trying to emphasize that sure, a lot of stuff is planned in advance and makes it onto everyone's schedule, but the excitement of PAX is all of unplanned events that occur simply thanks to the joining of people with similar interests. Does that make sense?

DC MissFire on
This discussion has been closed.