As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

1.6 - Geebs is not amused :[ [Wampa Milk - SE++ TOR]

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited December 2012 in Social Entropy++
Rock Lobster!'s Star Wars - The Old Republic F2P Guide
This ended up being longer than I expected, but here you go. In case any new/returning players are wondering about the ins and outs of free-to-play, look no further.

The Free-To-Play Question-O-Rama and Also Hyphens

Specific details are slightly hard to come by, so here is everything that I could piece together through the SWTOR website's information (http://www.swtor.com/free and http://www.swtor.com/free/features mostly), the test server/patch notes, and developer responses on the forum.

So what's this free-to-play thing, then?
Starting on November 15, new, returning, and current players will have the option to play the game without a subscription fee. You'll be able to level to 50 and experience basically the entire game, but with certain limitations. Also of note, if you want to start playing right now, the free trial (play up to level 15) still exists and all trial accounts will be converted to free-to-play ones when it launches. http://www.swtor.com/trial

Do I have to buy the game?
Nope!

What are these limitations?
Spoilered for long.
Slower XP gain after level 10.
Limited races at character creation (only human, cyborg, and zabrak).
A cap on how many credits you can have. Increased cap for preferred status, unlimited for subscribers (or whatever the cap was for them before free-to-play launched, anyway). Extra credits you earn after the cap are placed in escrow, which is given to you if you subscribe/buy a month of game time (or 150,000 of it is given to you if you go up to preferred status).
Two ability bars. Suscribers get six.
Cannot do operations.
Five warzones per week. Unlimited for subscibers.
Three space missions per week. Unlimited for subscribers.
Rewards from only three flashpoints per week (can do them as many times as you want, just can't get item drops from them after the third).
One crew skill. Three for subscribers.
Can only gain access to the cargo hold and additional tabs with cartel coins. Subscribers have cargo hold access by default and can use credits or cartel coins to buy additional tabs.
Can only increase inventory with cartel coins. Subscribers have the option to use credits.
Longer quick travel cooldown.
Limited number (5) of field revives. Subscribers have unlimited field revives, though the increasing cooldown still applies.
No priority status for login queues.
Cannot use most artifact (purple) gear.
Cannot use the hide head slot or match color to chest piece cosmetic options.
No access to the guild bank.
Cannot display titles or your legacy name.

Almost all of these can be allieviated with cartel market purchases (either one-time permanent authorizations or weekly passes for operations/warzones/flashpoints/space missions), with the exceptions of the credit cap and login queue priority. If you want more than just a few, though, it'll probably be more cost efficient to subscribe.

What's this about Preferred Status?
If you've ever subscribed in the past, or you purchase $5 or more on the web store (cartel coins or the physical security key or whatever; more about the security key in a bit), you get Preferred Status, which has a few perks over a regular free to play account. This status is permanent: once you have it, you'll never go all the way back to the base free-to-play account.

Preferred status perks
Sprint ability at level 1
Access to your cargo hold
Access to secure trade
Ability to send mail, including one attachment
Increased allowance for chat message frequencies in public chat channels (such as /general)
Increased Credits cap
Access to the Who list (player search)
Three additional sale slots on the Galactic Trade Network, for a total of 5 slots
One additional Crew Skill slot, for a total of 2
Reduced skill point respecialization costs
Increased server queue priority

So what was that about security keys?
Information about security keys
Okay, so if you've played in the past, and you have the mobile security key attached to your account, you can continue using it even after going free-to-play/preferred. You can't, however, attach a new one to your account if you're free-to-play/preferred. If you have the physical key fob thing, nothing changes. You can continue using it, and if you're a new player, buying it on the web store will also give you preferred status since it's 5 bucks. It's been said that attaching a new one will not be available at day one of free-to-play launch, however.

If I'm currently subscribed, or have in the past, or do in the future, what do I lose/keep if I switch (back) to Free To Play?
Look over the free-to-play limitations, add in the preferred status perks (since if you've ever subscribed, you'll only ever get bumped down to preferred, not free-to-play), and that's what you'll have. Some things are slightly more complicated, though.

If you've created more than 2 characters, you'll still have access to them all (regardless of whether they're free-to-play races or not) at the start of free-to-play launch. If you delete any, however, you cannot create more until you have one or less characters. Notice I said, "at the start of free-to-play launch"? In a patch soon (how soon, they have not said) after it launches, you'll have to choose which 2 will be your active ones. It is unknown at this time if you'll ever be able to change your active characters, or if there will be a cooldown on how often you can change them if so.

Any artifact (purple) gear you have that is bound to you is still able to be equipped, though any future drops will require the one-time artifact gear authorization. Any extra cargo hold tabs or inventory expansions you previously purchased will be kept. Legacy unlocks and perks (including species unlocks) will be kept.

So what are these cartel coins?
These are the currency used for the cash shop; think microsoft points. If you're a current subscriber, you'll be granted some at the launch of free-to-play (http://www.swtor.com/free shows how much for what, and http://www.swtor.com/user/cartelcoins shows how much you, personally, will get). You'll be able to buy them on the SWTOR store, though currently it is unknown how much they will actually cost.

So this cartel market. What can you buy on there?
You can buy a handful of one-time authorizations or weekly passes. At max level and want better gear? Get the artifact gear authorization and you'll be able to equip purple quality gear from that point on. Only really care about warzones? Buy a pass for unlimited warzones for a week. You'll be able to use your cartel coins to upgrade your inventory/add extra cargo hold tabs (it is not advised to buy the base cargo hold access, since any purchase of $5 or more will give you preferred status, and thus automatic cargo hold access). Even as a subscriber some of these have value, since inventory upgrades (and most of the one-time authorizations if you ever want to go F2P for a while) have the option to be account wide. They're usually a little over double the cost of the per-character cost, and apply to your entire account: even characters you make on other servers will have them.

There are also consumables like temporary XP and Valor boosts, Fleet Passes, and medical probes (for in the field revives). There are sets of level 31 artifact (purple quality) armor, and level 15 and 43 single chest pieces. They're about the same quality as equivalent level artifact drops you might find rarely on enemies, but the main draw is that they are adaptive, which means the amount of armor matches the highest type of armor you can equip and everyone can equip them, opening up cosmetic choices that were previously only available to certain classes.

One of the main draws will be the vanity items, such as unique speeders, vanity pets, and toys (like the carbonite chamber or rancor holo-replica). Additionally, there will be cartel packs for sale, which can contain items only found in the packs. For example, the Crime Lord's Cartel Pack contains: two rare bonus items with a chance of a super rare, one XP or social point boost consumable, one type of crafting material (how much I got seemed to depend on the quality: 10-20 for blue, 5 or so for purples), and one companion gift. The rare/super rare items can be mounts, vanity pets, empty adaptive armor, or toys like the sith meditation throne, etc. If you want these items but don't want to spend money/cartel coins to get them, don't despair! Whenever an item is bought on the market or found in the cartel packs, it has a cooldown during which it is bound to that person; after the cooldown is over (which is 3 days for free-to-play players and 2 days for subscribers), the item can then be sold on the galactic trade network or traded to other players.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited November 2012
    Original TOR Thread OP:
    700px-star_wars_the_old_republic_first_logo.jpg

HELLO WE ARE THE SITH EMPIRE on THE BASTION!
    <Wampa Milk> is the place to come if you'd like to play with SE++ers.

Instructions for joining:

1) Send an in-game message to anybody in Wampa Milk
    2) Friends and family are welcome

Get an Authenticator, you damn weiners

<Coming Soon!>

Required Mods:

<Coming Soon!>

Raid Schedule:

Thursdays 6pm Pacific and Sundays 4pm Pacific

Suggested Reading:

SWTOR Game Manual
    ToRhead: SWTOR Database
    Daelenn's A Comprehensive Guide and FAQ v1.0
    The Old Republic 101
    Crafting Guide
    Companion Gift charts
    Datacrons and more!
    More Datacron info

Game Update 1.1 Notes - Please Read

<More Coming Soon!>

Guild Links:
    Guild Forum
    Original Guild Page (Shutting down in a few weeks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNHLMWIN_rs&amp;feature=player_embedded

**This OP is a huge work in progress and is far from complete.** I just blatantly ripped this off from Shambler Milk wanted to have this thread available because I feel it's long overdue. If anybody has any additional info to add to the OP, or would like to make any corrections/additions to the Roster, please send it my way via @ or PM.

Thanks, and see you all in TOR! Finally!! :o

Original Guild Roster:
    Guild Roster

Guildmaster & Officers:
    Lord Dave – Brittasta - Mercenary [Head Britta in Charge] / Fectious - Sith Assassin
    Bogey – Annie – Sniper / Giada - Sith Sorceror
    Eclipsed Planet - Knowp - Sith Sorceror / Montina - Operative
    Javen – Hajeek - Sith Assassin / Javen – Sith Juggernaut / Jorven – Bounty Hunter / Teskolo - Imperial Agent
    Metacortex – Nobargon – Operative / Rinte - Sith Marauder / Zinn – Sith Assassin
    Naphtali – Cylia – Imperial Agent / Naphtali – Sith Inquisitor / Tyche – Sith Warrior
    Radius – Kyira - Powertech / Zoella - Sith Assassin
    Rhylith – Eliria - Operative / Rhylith – Sith Sorceror
    Rock Lobster – Eits – Sith Sorceror / Havalina - Powertech / Suf'jan - Sniper
    Yukira – Feb’leria – Operative / Yukira – Sith Juggernaut / Zorriya - Mercenary
    Zucchini – Thero – Sith Sorceror

A dabble of Thelonious - Talonious - Sith Marauder
    Alecthar – Alecthar – Sith Marauder / Amanur - Sith Sorceror
    Angry – Dust - Sith Assassin / Em'eph - Sith Juggernaut / Mode – Mercenary / Womp – Sith Marauder
    Aphostile - Aphostile - Sith Sorceror
    Arete – Su’rial – Sith Juggernaut
    Arete’s friends – Kajiind – Sith Assassin / Kaj'ind - Mercenary / Kobei - Mercenary / Kobex - Sith Marauder / Valreak - Sith Marauder / Vallee - Sith Sorceror / Val'tarosh - Mercenary
    AsmodeusLore – Itriigaanda - Powertech / Jezebeth – Sith Sorceror
    Blankzilla – Blankzilla – Imperial Agent
    Bucketman - Wraaith - Powertech / Zerv - Sith Sorceror
    captaink - Knut - Sniper / Tisiphone - Sith Sorceror
    Cilla Black – Casma – Sith Juggernaut / Machiavel – Imperial Agent / Nehushtia – Mercenary / Urdelphin – Sith Sorceror
    Clawshrimpy - Ryaff - Operative
    Cornell002 - Cornell - Sith Assassin
    CowShark – Cae – Sith Sorceror / Temei – Sith Juggernaut
    Day of the Bear – Da’tar – Imperial Agent / Erao – Sith Marauder / Vona - Sith Sorceror
    Day of the Bear’s bro – Boba’fat – Powertech
    Day of the Bear’s friends – Dat - Operative / Khura – Sith Assassin / Protagonist - Sith Juggernaut / Radbeard – Powertech / Sefris – Sith Sorceror
    Depressperado – Dwyer – Sniper
    Der Waffle Mous – Nada – Mercenary / Sayla - Sith Marauder / Sconnery - Imperial Agent
    Der Waffle Mous' bro - Ti'av - Sith Sorceror
    Dirtyed & Mercwolf’s friend – Adikema – Mercenary
    End – Sedge – Sith Warrior / Sobask – Bounty Hunter / Zaleiria – Sith Sorceror
    End’s friends – Kalos - Sith Sorceror / Letum – Imperial Agent
    Fahren’s GF – Doll – Mercenary
    Geebs – Fargo - Powertech / Funkasaurus - Sith Assassin
    Goose – Branta – Sith Juggernaut
    GRMike – Stalfros – Sith Warrior / Borrock - Mercenary
    Houk – Miso - Sniper / Si’mon – Sith Juggernaut
    Houk's friend - Loreena - Sith Assassin
    Humble – Feist – Sith Marauder / Humble – Mercenary
    I Win Swordfights – Bellamy - Sith Assassin / Louvre - Powertech / Narnia - Sith Sorceror
    Janson - Su'gara - Imperial Agent
    Jeffy - Amalockh - Powertech
    JohnHam - A'sala - Mercenary
    Joshofalltrades - Josu - Operative
    Just Bri Thanks - Five-Four - Operative
    Karrde1842 – Aleran – Sniper
    Kragun - Lev - Sith Assassin
    Lord Dave's bro-in-law - Jenew - Sith Juggernaut
    Luvthemonkey – Sieria - Operative / Thalis – Sith Marauder
    Mamoru – Radrela – Sniper
    Man of the Waves – Reisz – Powertech / Sevrina - Powertech
    Minor Incident - Minor - Sith Marauder
    Misix – Fitzgerald – Sith Assassin / Misix – Sith Juggernaut / Skillet - Sniper
    Montina's coworker - Shakezoola - Powertech
    Moriveth – Mo’riveth – Mercenary
    Mr. Defecation - Eniia - Operative
    Munkus Beaver – Vimes - Powertech
    Nikolai - Huggins - Operative / Vostok - Sith Assassin
    PiptheFair – FarbToner - Imperial Agent / Grobyc – Sith Sorceror
    Radius’ Friend – Fahren – Sniper
    Reginald – Charlieday – Operative / Grumsh – Sith Juggernaut
    Rhylith’s Friends – Dirtyed – Sniper / Dirtyninja - Sith Assassin / Dirtysorc – Sith Inquisitor / Mercwolf – Sith Marauder / Mojax – Mercenary / Mug – Operative / Mugs - Powertech / Therus - Sniper
    SabreMau – Charvanek - Powertech / Nexaya - Sith Assassin / Reeloi - Operative / Tresjyn - Sith Marauder
    Slow - Deluxe - Sith Assassin / Slowbro - Sith Juggernaut
    Smart Hero – Smar’thero – Mercenary
    T4CT - Miike - Mercenary
    Terrendos - Pyrrhus - Sith Sorceror
    The Cow King – Evosin - Operative
    TheLawinator – Aldric – Operative / Calphas – Sith Sorceror / Ashara - Sith Marauder
    That Dave Fella – Dafella – Bounty Hunter
    Uriel - Ferrex - Powertech
    Vargas Prime – Vargys – Sith Assassin / Varylia - Imperial Agent
    Weaver - Bastogne - Sniper / Sehra - Sith Sorceror
    Xehalus – Xehalus – Sith Inquisitor
    Yukira's friend - Kaerin - Sith Marauder
    Zay - Zayder - Sith Sorceror

??? - Asmodei - Sith Sorceror
    ??? - Brunner - Powertech
    ??? - Dracono - Sith Assassin
    ??? – Fireman – Sith Marauder
    ??? - Gylera - Operative
    ??? - Rayn - Sith Marauder

Last updated: 1/19/12

Bogey on
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Dang it, I wanted to make the thread.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    HEY BOGEY WHERE'S THE THING THAT SAYS T4CT- Miike - MOTHERFUCKING BOBA FETT

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Somebody else can have the next one. Sorry, I added a bunch of stuff to the OP, plus spent all day updating the Roster. And since the old thread was already in the mid-90's...

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    dirtysorc is a dirtyed alt.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Companion healing abilities no longer apply a permanent green effect on the character.

is the best fix in the whole patch.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hee hee
    Dev Response posted:

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread...

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Update #1

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues (we used the term "potential" during our initial investigating, and have now removed the wording on the title of this thread) and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

sat at ohhh a good 200+ pages of pissed off angry responses

why are you so bad at handling fuckups, bioware

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Angry wrote:
    Companion healing abilities no longer apply a permanent green effect on the character.

is the best fix in the whole patch.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    wait did it patch

should I be relogging or something

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Bogey wrote:
    Somebody else can have the next one. Sorry, I added a bunch of stuff to the OP, plus spent all day updating the Roster. And since the old thread was already in the mid-90's...

Never give up the thread Bogey
    Never let them ruin it

mkc.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Just ran a quick test. On an abundant, 2 bountifuls, and a rich yield, I spent just under 5,500 credits.

My total take from those four missions? Just under 15,000 credits.

Either my luck is stunning, or they un-nerfed Slicing.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaahhhh they better not have fixed before I get back later.

I missed out on that initial rush and my counselor needs some scrilla.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Lord Dave wrote:
    Bogey wrote:

Never give up the thread Bogey
    Never let them ruin it

Fight for your right to make a thread.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    look

first it's you making the thread

then it's bucketman making the thread

and then it's just anarchy

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    I don't recommend alt-tabbing while it is on the loading screen now

it seems to handle it less well than it used to

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Alt-enter twice

Problem solved.

edited January 2012
    nope :(

End on
    Write a script to fix it.

edited January 2012
    oops I think I just killed myself because I had autorun on when I alt tabbed and I fell into those pits on the fleet

End on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Ban all beastehs from the SWTOR threads.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I have jumped into those stupid fleet pits so many times

mkc.png
    that's the first time that has ever happened to me :<

on the plus side for this patch, warzones seem a lot more responsive to me now

because of the show ALCATRAZ and me waiting for this to patch I am now looking at lostpedia

I mostly want to see if they preserved the insane speculation

if that's all gone I will be INCREDIBLY SAD

edited January 2012
    Goose! wrote:

fuckin FART

ps. whats the bet that come saturday they lower the server limit so they dont have to look at every single server with LIGHT status

Beasteh on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I mostly want to see if they preserved the insane speculation

if that's all gone I will be INCREDIBLY SAD

Jack is one of the Alcatraz escapees. Not only that, he's Jorge Garcia's character's dad!

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Need..more..space missions

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    Goose! wrote:

fuckin FART

ps. whats the bet that come saturday they lower the server limit so they dont have to look at every single server with LIGHT status

Is this an EU only thing? I literally just looked at the server select screen and saw only Standard and Heavy, with a few servers as Very Heavy. I do see Light servers, but only in the morning on the east coast.

EU? More like PU!

Hey dudes, we need a 4th for foundry. Somebody step up.

Patch, patch, patch, patch, patch.

FFFFFFUUUUUUU

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I cannot wait till I have more money. Might even have to do time cards just to make it easier.

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Oh man, war zones with the new 50 only brackets. . .so good. I am not sure how it is for those at level 50, but for the rest of us, its a blast. Had a really great hutt ball game that went back and forth till we finally scored a goal for the win with just over a minute of play left. Then had an alderaan match that was another barn burner through the end. Got some solid xp in, about 25% into level 38 and it is all rested and will just continue to pile up, vacation is going to be a blast but soon as I get home, I am destroying levels 38 and 39. With any luck I will have enough rested to take me through to 41/42.

@Bogey Kobex is another Kobei alt, same friend of mine. Though I am pretty sure that Kobex is his main now, got to level 25ish with his merc and decided he preferred melee.

One last thing, for those level 40 and up, what is with none of the commendation vendors having any good tank mods (the small mod that cost two comm)? Up until level 36/38 I was able to get some good guardian mods, but the vendors for taris and hoth didnt have anything like that.

There aren't any good tank mods on the vendors after that point. I've mostly found them through quests.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    End wrote:
    look

first it's you making the thread

then it's bucketman making the thread

and then it's just anarchy

:(
    *force lightning*

So hey, I used my fleet pass and all of Kaliyo's orange armor dumped all mods.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote:
    So hey, I used my fleet pass and all of Kaliyo's orange armor dumped all mods.

Just submit a ticket. They'll fix it.

they will suggest you try the /stuck command

ps. here is a list of keywords to use if you want customer service to process your ticket quickly

Character Restoration request – keyword: Scooby
    Item Restoration request – keyword: Seesaw
    Mission Issues – keyword: Hedgehog
    Crashes – keyword: Bandicoot
    Lost Modifications – keyword: Fridge
    Unable to retrieve patch data issue, with a launcher log error “ERROR Patch manifest state error in patcher: DownloadFail (8)” – keyword: Giraffe