As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Cold Outside [The Difficult Part Is Learning How To Turn It Off]

2»

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Winter's pretty much over here. It's pretty disappointing.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Melding wrote:
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Melding wrote:
    what is this thread even about anymore?

Well, it's about it being cold outside, and about stupid college idiots that set off fire alarms, and it's about The Hunted.

It's certainly not a thread where I blog about my life, not at all.

How's it going Pecavvi?

Pretty good, aside from midnight fire alarms. I've got an interview next week, which is awesome (much better than never hearing back from places).

How are you, Melding?

I'm okay. Been worse.

Making light conversation with people, trying to get some dumb ideas off the ground.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    In twenty years we'll have donated upstate new york and vermont to the canadians

still 50/50 on subsidizing year names

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    In twenty years we'll have donated upstate new york and vermont to the canadians

still 50/50 on subsidizing year names

what makes you think we want them?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I thought this might be a Red Dwarf thread. Someone should make one of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVxFwH39FDs&feature=related

Good show, I once watched the entire thing over a week and starting speaking like Lister for a week afterwards because it was basically my only human contact for a week.

It was weird.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Look lady who lives in the next building over,

It's 7am on a Sunday. It's 33 degrees outside. I'm sorry your boyfriend/husband/whatever is a "cheatin'-ass (n-bomb)," but will you please shut the fuck up?

Oh and thanks for making sure your daughter says goodbye to her "cheatin-ass (n-bomb) daddy." Stay classy.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    is this the brisbane thread about how fuck-off hot brisbane is

it's actually not been too bad lately! i think it might even have dipped below thirty today

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    2 of my coworkers we complaining about how cold it was last week.

One of them was going on and on about how it was freezing and she forgot her cardigan

It was 22 degrees C - 72 F

She grew up in Winnipeg

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    in freshman year there was a recurring problem of hilarious pranksters pulling the fire alarm

this was not an issue for me because I consistently slept through it

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    my high school ran fire drills so frequently that they became completely routine for everyone

we'd just get up, take a jacket if it was cold and calmly walk outside and line up so we could get back to whatever we were doing as fast as possible

which in retrospect is the exact kind of behavior you want if there is a fire

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Arang wrote:
    my high school ran fire drills so frequently that they became completely routine for everyone

we'd just get up, take a jacket if it was cold and calmly walk outside and line up so we could get back to whatever we were doing as fast as possible

that is what my schools have done since elementary school

d

do highschoolers normally run around in screaming fits where youre from

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    because i could believe that easily

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Things I learned about Atlanta yesterday:
    1. Despite being fairly hilly, it is not hilly like the NC I am used to, and parts of roads can be UNDER WATER
    2. Just because that van in front of you went through fine, does not mean you should try it in a tiny-ass ford ranger.
    3. I am racist against Georgia, my first thought was "They don't know how to design where the roads go and drain as well as NC."

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2012
    Considering it was -40 with the wind chill the other night I'd rather take my chances with the potential fire than go outside.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Arang wrote:

that is what my schools have done since elementary school

d

do highschoolers normally run around in screaming fits where youre from

fire drills sucked at my school

go line up outside in the middle of the day, sweat your ass off for ten minutes before they let you go back to class

although the best fire drills were the ones that occurred right before football so all the athletes just started walking towards the locker room

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I've been watching Red Dwarf with my son recently. I've been watching quite a few t.v. shows with hi recently, all dictated by what is free to watch on netflix or hulu.
    I don't believe I had ever seen season 8 before. I'm not quite sure I like it. My main problem has more to do with how they re-wound Rimmer more than the other issues. Still a good show, but

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    SwissLion wrote:
    Fandyien wrote:
    do you live in the desert

It is actually crazy green outside at the moment.

It's been a pretty nice summer so far, but we're not at February yet which is always the worst so we'll see.

what

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Also, the first thing I did when I saw the title was I started loudly singing "Baby It's Cold Outside"

Now it's stuck in my head

Dammit I won't be able to sleep for at least 3 hours now thanks

your current Patrick Starfish avatar looks like he's singing that song too, in his own special way.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Winter has sucked here, no real snow - crappy 40's and rain. Hoping for a strong February.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    It been just dull and rainy this winter here too, quick a difference to last year where it was very cold and snowing by November. I've heard its going to get cold in February but I won't believe it until I see it.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    People pulling fire alarms is way worse in college because you could be in the shower or otherwise occupied and have to run outside within what you got

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    A weather thread and I wasn't invited?! :O

Anyone else have a fun/hectic night with the tornado and severe weather outbreak that effected the southeast and Ohio River valley? It was the first moderate risk of the year and likely a sign of things to come, i.e. another active severe weather season for people east of I-35 (especially east of the Mississippi which is much to my dismay. :c )

yesterday.gif