As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Comic: Monday, Jan. 23, 2012 - Efficacy

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited January 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-wDXQbxt-XL.jpg

rRwz9.gif
Jacobkosh on

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'd hate to see the renegade interrupt on combing a deer.

• SlurmeeSlurmee AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This is why i will never buy a connect specially as of my australian accent.

steam_sig.png
  • JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't worry too much about an Australian accent.
    I'm pretty sure the guy who did the kinect thing for ME3 had it account for Australian and British accents as well as western Canadian, maybe others too.

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Slurmee wrote:

a connect? Dang your accent is so thick that it carries over to text

4SMZq.jpg
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I'd hate to see the renegade interrupt on combing a deer.

Same position, much less wholesome.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I really liked this one too :^:

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    There's going to be a new minigame, where you have to moan sex noises into the mic during the scenes or Garrus will accuse you of "faking it" and dumping you.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I cannot wait to see how uncoordinated the voice commands are in ME3 when I get the game. Finally the game I've always dreamed of, when my yelling at the NPCs in the game can actually be heard by them. I wonder if they will react to "Stupid asshole get out of my way" and "Why can't you shoot straight moron?".

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Sno-cones in space confirmed.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    This comic is masterful.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Good job Garrus!

Blow job sir, well OK.

Procede.

• EvilRedEyeEvilRedEye Registered User regular
    Isn't Gabe's Kinect, like, in the way of the TV image? That would drive me insane.

Gone.
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I've never noticed before that Gabe has blue eyes.

But good comic!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Isn't Gabe's Kinect, like, in the way of the TV image? That would drive me insane.

Technically yes, but it's so low that it'd only block the view if you were looking up at the TV from the floor. Sitting across from the TV or standing wouldn't have obstructed view.

... why the fuck did I answer this so seriously?

• jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    I can't convince my wife that using an angry tone of voice isn't going to make the Kinect take her more seriously.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Ahem, the..the way Garrus is positioned behind the deer in panel 3..I fear/hope the comic edits thread is going to have a lot of fun with this one D:

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • UnderwhelmingUnderwhelming myMomIsTheJam July 13, 2013 Registered User regular
    Pfft, Combing Deer was so overpowered in ME2.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    EvilRedEye wrote:

That's ok, he's got 63.5" still viewable so he won't miss anything.
    AjzCw5PCMAECwUP.jpg

Yeah, I'm a bit jealous.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Did anyone else play Lifeline on the PS2?

The main character in that was always guzzling all my health drinks and slapping her ass when I just wanted her to shoot things or do something simple like "walk to the door."

I never did beat it. I got to some place where she has to walk in the rafters and you have to keep switching between three paths to avoid steam or something or you fall down and have to start over.

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Well. Now we know why Mordin found a varren STD on the Normandy. And who contracted it.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I laughed out loud at this one. I think it's the expression on the deer that really sells it.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    Slurmee wrote:

a connect? Dang your accent is so thick that it carries over to text

This is a highly underappreciated post.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The deer meter is the best part.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    jackal wrote:
    I can't convince my wife that using an angry tone of voice isn't going to make the Kinect take her more seriously.

I never get angry at the Kinect.

I get disappointed.

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Also, the art on this one is beautiful.

EyQGd.jpg
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    issuing squad commands seems pretty cool but i always have trouble competing with the volume of my television

i don't wanna shout at my TV !

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to the demo so I can put this "better" claim to the test.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Just when I think my absolute loathing of all things voice or motion controlled is irrational and silly I see something like this that makes me think that I might not be wrong.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    I bought Disneyland Adventure for my four year old. I have to play it with them and it is pretty much an isometric exercise routine. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to make the player hold their arms out straight for four minutes at a time.

• ResorathResorath Registered User regular
    Indeed, this comic is pretty much a blanket joke for all voice controlled systems.

Siri comes to mind... but then she doesn't have the power to comb deer.

yet.

makibanner.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I love this entire thing

All of it

So much I've made my way over here to say it

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm not really one for issuing squad commands in ME2; I think 98% of my use of voice commands would be "get the fuck out of my way, I almost shot you in the head."

• PandabearcakesPandabearcakes Registered User regular
    I love the deer's progress bar.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So how do you target with voice commands? Or will they always look for closest target or something?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I don't know which is funnier to me; the comic or knowing how much tycho enjoys word play

• BlargosaurusBlargosaurus Registered User regular
    That deer is damn cute.

Also, with an Aussie accent connect is pronounced Kinect, so it all works out.

• drendren Registered User new member
    Am I the only person wondering why we need a kinect for voice commands? There has always been a microphone port in the 360 controller.

The headset microphone would be substantially better than the kinect since people couldn't walk into the room and screw with your game by yelling the voice commands.

The Kinect is able to isolate the voice of the player from background noise.

• TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    Quicktime event- tap x to flourish your brush and sculpt a little deer fauxhawk

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    So how do you target with voice commands? Or will they always look for closest target or something?

it targets where you're looking

look at a spot on the ground for move commands

look at an enemy for firing directions

etc

i could actually see myself using this a lot if there were a mic option or something but like i said earlier i have no intention of competing with my TV for volume in the room

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen