As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New batman Thread *Big Spoiler

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Get me a pizza?

Quire.jpg
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    just watched the dark night tonight
    again

good movie

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Would you be willing to
    psst psst psst psst pssst psst psst ppst

?

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Get me a pizza?

get me a better OP and we'll talk

I'll have you know the Batman Thread have a proud tradition of slipshod OP's and I'll not break that tradition.

Quire.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    either this is laziness

or brilliant meta commentary on batman's secretiveness

Laziness.

But I'm not the only one!
    (If you really care I'll spruce it up)

Quire.jpg
    nah, it's no big deal

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I wore my glasses to work for a while and my friend kept yelling PARKER

BRING ME PICTURES

Did you insist he pay up front?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    just watched the dark night tonight
    again

good movie

It seems wrong that pretty much every major character was more interesting to watch on their own than Batman. Even Bruce I found more entertaining than just Batman when he wasn't interacting with Joker or Gordon, etc.

Which is weird cause everything else about the film is completely awesome.

Also, I'd forgotten just how bad Batman's voice was really was.

Well, I didn't forget so much (Since it's been pointed out so many times) but I always thought it wasn't as bad as people were saying. Rewatching it, I realized that yes, it is that bad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    yeah the nolan batman movies biggest weakness is robo-bats and his spooky voice
    seriously the only time he did stuff really batman-y was in the first one, and then when he beats the fuck out of joker

I don't agree about the voice it never bothered me.

Also what? Batman did loads of Batman things in TDK.

Quire.jpg
    well there's not much detective work in TDK at all, and what little he does do is usually a trap set by the joker. then he goes to hong kong and kidnaps that dude... which was just like WTF that whole scene. i dunno i just feel bale is the wrong fit for the role i guess, somebody use CGI to insert TAS batman in there with conroy's voice

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    well there's not much detective work in TDK at all, and what little he does do is usually a trap set by the joker. then he goes to hong kong and kidnaps that dude... which was just like WTF that whole scene. i dunno i just feel bale is the wrong fit for the role i guess, somebody use CGI to insert TAS batman in there with conroy's voice

I would guess that's the drawback of having the antagonist be the embodiment of chaos; for Batman to have tracked him down with logic and deduction would have cheapened the Joker's craziness and made him predictable.

You did get that one silly CSI detective bit!

As for detective work in DKR:
    I think you might be outta luck there too! The vibe I'm getting from Bane is that he attacks in broad daylight, in public places, and constantly has Batman on the run trying to keep up with him. I do not imagine Bruce is gonna get a lot of downtime to figure stuff out. Unless, y'know, KRAK.

Oh brilliant
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote:
    Would you be willing to
    :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky:

?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Riddles, Gatsby!

Oh brilliant
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular

The Hong Kong scene was brilliant, and arresting that accountant was the most important part of Batman/Gordons plan for crippling the mob?

It was also probably the best scene for illustrating how batman can fight off gunmen without hiding entirely in the dark.

Quire.jpg
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    That scene felt tacked-on to me as well, actually

• InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    How did it feel tacked on? They had to nab this guy to tie the mob together, he flew the coop to his home country where he would be protected in the legal sense. Batman was really the only dude who could bring him back. I understand if you don't like the scene or something but I think it made sense plot wise and wasn't just a reason to fuck up a bunch of dudes and fly off in a plane.

i'm not saying it didn't make sense, i'm saying the scene was just awful. batman EMPs the building with a cell phone, and then kidnaps the dude by jumping out the window with a balloon? give me anything better than that crap. batman abandons a city in turmoil to fly halfway around the world to kidnap one dude. it all felt very not batman. yes, the end result was 'good' but i felt that scene could have been written much better.
    that's actually one of my only complaints really, is it's very hard to capture batman's character in film. he doesn't seem dark or brooding, and very rarely intimidating. sure he fights like a badass (what little you can make out with the intensely shakey cam during fight scenes), but he doesn't act like batman... to me anyways

but this is still 100x better than batman & robin so i should probably shut up

also batman begins did a much better job of making him feel like a detective, i actually like it a bit more than TDK for that reason

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    What do you mean he abandons a city in turmoil

He's gone for like, a day, tops, and the "one dude" he went to get was basically the only thing that would let them bust all of the fucking mobsters who were the biggest problem in Gotham at the moment

Grey Ghost on
    nah a round trip would take over 30 hours so he was gone for close to two days, with joker still running around fucking shit up. i know that he has to retrieve the asian guy, it's how he did it that makes no sense to me. they could have easily incorporated the flying bat vehicle in this one, and had him use it to help him quickly secure this dude. drop in from the roof, and do it semi-stealthy? not shut off all the lights and summon EVERY FUCKING GUARD in the building?

Joker wasn't really going large-scale crazy at that point
    They thought he was still a random nuisance and that the mob was really the problem

And if he'd used the new vehicle people would be screaming about how implausible that was too

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    okay first off, he doesn't have the flying bat vehicle at this stage (and it's somehow less ridiculous for him to ship his batwing to china?)

second of all nobody is particularly worried about the joker at this stage, at least compared with shutting down the entire mafia

Edit: GG said it

FAQ on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fuck the new Batman movie. It's Amazing Spider-Man I want.

edited January 2012
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Joker wasn't really going large-scale crazy at that point
    They thought he was still a random nuisance and that the mob was really the problem

And if he'd used the new vehicle people would be screaming about how implausible that was too

well the flying vehicle is in the new one and, it's no less implausible than a 2-ton tank jumping from roof to roof
    i'm not saying you guys have to 'explain' it to me, i understand why he went. i just hated the whole scene.

Local H Jay on
    Solar wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic for it

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i am hoping that spider-man will be good

new spiderman movie and game look very good

respectfully disagree about the game looking good.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Solar wrote:

Same here. I hope it will be good, but I'm not entirely convinced that it will be the Spider-Man movie I truly want, though Garfield's speech at comic-con made me think he's a great choice.

It's more that I just really am not excited for the new Batman film at all. I saw the leaked footage and, eh, I'm really not into it that much.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2012
    arkham city spoiler
    Stana Katic voices Talia al Ghul in Arkham City, and I think she'd be fun to see playing the character in live action, were the character to be in a movie. And I think she could pass for Liam Neeson's daughter.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Naan-naan-naan-naan-naan-naan-naan-naan...-BATMAN.jpg

edited January 2012
    Geek, spoiler tag that!

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Solar wrote:

I heard that Spider-Man actually quips in it!

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Geek, spoiler tag that!

Why?

BLM - ACAB
    isn't the fact that that character is in the game a bit of a spoiler for people who havent played it

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    nah a round trip would take over 30 hours

Pretty sure he took a private jet, which is considerably faster than any commercial airline.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.