As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Artist: Please Be Silent Behind The Screen

2»

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    DD2bG.png

Box office numbers are still on an upward trend, although due to other films, it doubled its weekend gross on the wider opening while falling from #15 to #17 on the charts overall.

However, we got about 2 hours and 40 minutes before the Academy Awards nominees are announced. If this gets a nomination or two, might be able to keep that trend going. If it doesn't, you've still got a bit of time left to check it out before it leaves theaters if you haven't yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFk42w_CGTc

SabreMau on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    I absolutely loved this movie. At the beginning when
    The audience IN the film is clapping, but we don't hear it
    I heard murmurs here and there and the people in front of me actually said "This is so fucking weird."

And it was! I felt transported! And after a while you get USED to the silence, I think.

I am 100% sure this will win Best Picture.
    BANG!

PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Nominated for:

Best Picture
    Best Actor
    Best Supporting Actress
    Best Art Direction
    Best Cinematography
    Best Costume Design
    Best Director
    Best Film Editing
    Best Original Score
    Best Original Screenplay

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i went and saw this with a friend last night, it was just great. i kept thinking that if they tinkered with it a bit it would make a great suspense/stalker movie, haha. but yeah, awesome movie, everyone should see it.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    saw this with a friend. felt like we were the only two laughing at most of the parts but it was really good

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    That is some god-tier acting talent.

Never fails, all the best films are limited release.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Just saw this.

At first I wasn't sure, but it had me by halfway.

Wonderful film.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Stopped by my theater tonight to check on things. Top ticket sellers through first three sets of the day:

1) Big Miracle
    2) The Artist
    3) Red Tails
    4) Mission Impossible
    5) Beauty and the Beast 3D

Now, that's just one location, but still decent numbers for a film starting week 11.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    The Artist just came out on DVD and Blu-ray today. If you missed seeing the Best Picture Oscar winner when it was in theaters, now's the time to buy or rent. Picked it up tonight, checked out the bonus features, and they're almost as long as the movie itself.
    • Blooper Reel (2 minutes)
    • The Artist: The Making of an American Romance (22 minutes)
    • Q&A with the Filmmakers and Cast (44 minutes)
    • Hollywood as a Character: The Locations of The Artist (5 minutes)
    • The Artisans Behind The Artist (11 minutes)

One thing in the behind-the-scenes features that I don't think I've seen on the release-era interviews on YouTube or whatnot is video of the actors on set in color. It looks like while the main camera was recording directly to black and white, the behind-the-scene cameras they were holding off to the side weren't, so you get to see what surprising color George's suit was, among other things. They even did some interviewing with Malcolm McDowell and the actress who played George's wife. I'll get around to rewatching the film eventually, but for now these are cool new extras.

Unfortunately, they don't interview the dog during the big Q&A panel. Apparently he was busy.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I loved this movie. I would like to buy the bluray.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    I've always wanted to see this. It's a pity none of my friends seem to enjoy a good movie though.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    hey guys let's see how many threads I can mention Margaret in before someone else tells me they've seen it

guys Margaret's pretty fucking great