As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Planning stages - a post-PAX Party (Sunday)

jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment!Brookline, MARegistered User regular
edited January 2012 in PAX Archive
Hey guys!

As you guys know, the Post PAX Party in Seattle for Prime is kind of a big deal. Nothing like that from a PAX Community standpoint has been established for PAX East though. I have a few leads as to where to throw a Sunday night fete, but I do need your help!

If you guys are interested in some sort of shindig (probably 21+ at a bar or somesuch, and perhaps a DJ/dancing could be arranged) please post here ASAP so if there's enough interest we can swing something together!! Of course, for Year 1, it will be pretty tough to plan something to the caliber of the Seattle PPP, but we all gotta start somewhere!

No guarantee I can put something together but if there is interest, something WILL be arranged!

- juju

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
Twitter: @jujukoo
[E]
juju on

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    /insert arsonbro troll comment here

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    Interest++;

There are two other communities I have to make plans with for post-PAX, so depending on scheduling I may end up having to make schedule related compromises.

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Sounds like a great way to cap off an awesome week. Count me in.

septagon on
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    If there's whisky, I'm down.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2012
    Handgimp wrote:

There will ONLY be whiskey and drinking it will be mandatory.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Handgimp wrote:

There will ONLY be whiskey and drinking it will be mandatory/.

Moe for president. He stands for whiskey issues I believe in.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • ObernathusObernathus Registered User regular
    Sounds delicious!

• thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    But I can't drink, i have a bun in the oven. Still want to go and hang, also speaking on behalf of my husband.

thedandmom on
    linkbanner.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    thedandmom wrote:
    But I can't drink, i have a bun in the oven. Still want to go and hang, also speaking on behalf of my husband.

Yeah, it's not mandatory to drink at any pax event. Even the barcrawl has sober helpers.

• Susan69Susan69 Registered User regular
    Sounds rad!

Wont be doing any of the prepax stuff, we're doing bostone pizzas and board games at the condo that we rented for the weekend with friends, but post we can do certainly.

linkbanner.jpg
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    PPP (edit, meant last Prime PPP) was fantastic! I'd be beyond down for a PPEP (maybe PEP [Post-East Party] sounds/looks better ).

Traitorious on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I prefer PPEP if there has to be an E in it, but we can probably just stick to P3 or P^3 since we haven't changed the name of other events (pre pax gaming, pre pax dinner, etc) ;)

Also, I'd be interested in this juju, if it were Sunday evening.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    zerzhul wrote:
    I prefer PPEP if there has to be an E in it, but we can probably just stick to P3 or P^3 since we haven't changed the name of other events (pre pax gaming, pre pax dinner, etc) ;)

Also, I'd be interested in this juju, if it were Sunday evening.
    Or maybe PE, but have the E look like a backwards 3!

...Anyone?

...No?

/crickets

Traitorious on
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    zerzhul wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:

Yeah, it's not mandatory to drink at any pax event. Even the barcrawl has sober helpers.

Except for the babies, they have to drink.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    PPPeast. I'm down, +1. Maybe we can have that Butter Flogging 3 tourney at this?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    PPP (edit, meant last Prime PPP) was fantastic! I'd be beyond down for a PPEP (maybe PEP [Post-East Party] sounds/looks better ).

I like PEP alot. Then I can quote Super Troopers. How about a little pep, hmm?

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    i would be there fo sho!

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    I think we should call it the PPBF3 Tourny, mainly to set that as the topic so it shows up on the forum page.

7B14287.png
  • DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    I think I would be up for this as well.

Also, I second peetsnack's idea.

• DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote:
    I think we should call it the PPBF3 Tourny, mainly to set that as the topic so it shows up on the forum page.

Or Bubble Bobble!

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    I am adding my interest to the pile.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    thedandmom wrote:
    Wont be doing any of the prepax stuff, we're doing bostone pizzas and board games at the condo that we rented for the weekend with friends, but post we can do certainly.

If I may - Assuming it isn't logistically an issue, I would offer up Santarpio's as a superior pizza provider :)

Red B/Gold Professor

Khadour wrote:
    PPPeast. I'm down, +1. Maybe we can have that Butter Flogging 3 tourney at this?

Careful, Moe hates Butter Flogging :(

Red B/Gold Professor

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:

If I may - Assuming it isn't logistically an issue, I would offer up Santarpio's as a superior pizza provider :)

I have to 2nd this. If your visiting Boston and looking for the best pizza there is no other choice.

• ArighArigh Registered User regular
    Add another one to the list of people that are interested in an acronym made up of P's and E's.

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    Oh man. I'd be interested in doing this. I always end up just lingering Sunday night as most of my friends have gone already/bars closing early. Wahhhh...

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote:

Oh my god lol <3 peetsnack

• griffin.brucegriffin.bruce MichiganRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely in as interested. Anything to continue what is sure to be an amazing weekend.

PAX East 2012: [X] Badge // [X] Time-off // [X] Accomodations // [ ] Travel // [X] EXCITEMENT!!!
    Twitter: @griffin_bruce GT: Nephilim Army PSN: NephilimArmy 3DS: 3523-2206-5371
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    PcubedE? I'd be in for this.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote:
    Khadour wrote:

Careful, Moe hates Butter Flogging :(

We would just have to pair it up with a PPMW3 Tourney. ;D
    MoeFwacky Whiskey

7B14287.png
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Anything that keeps the drunken shenanigans going is a+ in my book.

• SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    Mmm, yes. +1.

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    peetsnack wrote:
    We would just have to pair it up with a PPMW3 Tourney. ;D
    MoeFwacky Whiskey

I can see that he'd be more positive about your interpretation, but I thought MW3 was the Margarine Whipping 3 tourney . . . I'm so confused.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• SundownSundown Registered User new member
    I'm down for a post-party. Hell yeah!
    So long as there is Jack and Coke, it'll drag all the classy dudes out :D

• smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Sounds like an awesome idea ;)

• PainePaine Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Handgimp wrote:

There will ONLY be whiskey and drinking it will be mandatory.

SOLD!

6nOrszL.png
    septagon wrote:
    arsonisfun wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:

I have to 2nd this. If your visiting Boston and looking for the best pizza there is no other choice.

We got bostone last year and I grew up having the new york style pizza and the service at Bostone is great. We're getting like 5 pizzas to keep in our fridge, because we rented a condo and got a full kitchen, no reason not to use it right?

linkbanner.jpg
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    ZOMG so many parties....

I fear for the state of my liver, post-pax...

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI