As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ting in the sky

• The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    ege02 wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Since we're on the subject of jobs -

If you could have any job, what would it be?
    Pro basketball player -- no doubt.

A male gigolo.
    Fuck that -- I'd prefer to keep a positive outlook on sex.

Plus, you're gonna be pulling so much pussy as a pro-baller, your gonna need to outsource it.
    Eggzacklee -- traveling coast to coast, dropping by a new nightclub every night. Those motherfuckers don't even have to try.

Side note -- that's also why it's so pathetic when they get sexual assault charges thrown at them, but then again when you're dealing with the men and women who go in for such relations -- I won't even lie -- there can really be some trifling ass hoes running around.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Chicago's equivalent to Robert Moses. Only without being a gigantic asshole, racist, and dumbass.

Fuck Robert Moses right in his rotting, decayed asshole. Thanks to him, I was 20 minutes late to work today.

Fuck Robert Moses so much.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Guys I'm worried LaOs is a square.

Call me a rectangle then. :P
    Oh, can I be a tesseract?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What is this "Six Sigma" junk? Until I started working at Honeywell, I never heard of it, and until yesterday (when I saw a Dilbert comic about it on somebody's cubicle) I thought it was something specific to Honeywell.

Edit: Oh, nevermind.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    baby

mama

drama

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

:oops: I'm touched.

LaOs on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Richy wrote: »

Hyperspheres are where it's at, man.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What is this "Six Sigma" junk? Until I started working at Honeywell, I never heard of it, and until yesterday (when I saw a Dilbert comic about it on somebody's cubicle) I thought it was something specific to Honeywell.
    Haha -- you work at Honeywell? Tell somebody there to make some more old-people proof shit, I'm sick of dealing with all the fucking fogies who can't work that shit.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Richy wrote: »

You can be anything you want, littly Richy.

Haphazard on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2007

We do it at Raytheon, at least until the next management fad comes along. It is the bane of my existence.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I dont want meetings when I grow up. :(

I secretly enjoy meetings and am looking forward to our All-Day meeting.

I hope you die in that meeting.

It's just that things are changing a lot in our Division right now, so most of the meetings are actually about things. I'm looking forward to something actually getting accomplished, and that's what these meetings are about lately. It's an exciting time at work...
    I'm hoping this is a joke.

... it's not.

I... I might be a bit square-ish. I really think it's an exciting time for the Division right now. Unfortunately, I'm too far down the ladder to really have much input or access to what's really going on, but I so wish I could be in there sorting things out.

I might be broken. This stuff is really interesting to me. I wish I was part of Corporate...

LaOs on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

We do it at Raytheon, at least until the next management fad comes along. It is the bane of my existence.
    (sigh) I would have thought that the whole Enron association would have killed it. I guess Six Sigma is the bad penny of the corporate world.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Haha -- you work at Honeywell? Tell somebody there to make some more old-people proof shit, I'm sick of dealing with all the fucking fogies who can't work that shit.

Sorry, I'm just contracted security. And I work graveyard shift. The few Honeywell employees I come into contact with are low-level engineers or such.

Besides, the places I'm at don't work on consumer products, that I know of. Most of it's airplane engine repair and design.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My friend wants to be a photographer for national geographic.

she went to Africa last month on a photography trip.

She's also pretty cute, but very 12 year oldish too which is hella creepy.

I wish I even had a clue how to pursue such things...but with kids I can hardly just hop up and run off to take trips where I might be able to just do some photography on my own to show off, and best I can tell, there's no "photography" or "photojournalism" majors at any of the nearby schools.

:(

Vincent Grayson on
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Chicago's equivalent to Robert Moses. Only without being a gigantic asshole, racist, and dumbass.

Fuck Robert Moses right in his rotting, decayed asshole. Thanks to him, I was 20 minutes late to work today.

Damn straight. What a sack of shit.

(even though I know I'm "supposed" to hate him because my school is all JANE JACOBS YAY, all bandwagoning aside, he's still a sack of shit)

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
    edited July 2007

(even though I know I'm "supposed" to hate him because my school is all JANE JACOBS YAY, all bandwagoning aside, he's still a sack of shit)

Just thinking about the Cross Bronx expressway gets me pissed off.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Cheeseburger, I choose you!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited July 2007

Laaaaame.

Haphazard on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh thank God. For a while there I was genuinely scared you'd go with the teppanyaki.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2007

Laaaaame.

Actually I started out after some tasty stromboli, but was stopped dead in my tracks by the hoards of children infront of the italian joint. Why were they there? I do not know. Something having to do with basketball. Maybe a Rockets player is doing a signing in my building?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited July 2007

Laaaaame.

Actually I started out after some tasty stromboli, but was stopped dead in my tracks by the hoards of children infront of the italian joint. Why were they there? I do not know. Something having to do with basketball. Maybe a Rockets player is doing a signing in my building?

Haha, those weren't children!
    It was Elks and cel! :P

Haphazard on
    edited July 2007
    I think I might try and form a group on wikipedia to try and edit all the gross misusages of "irony" and "ironic."

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited July 2007

Laaaaame.

Huzzah! Hap you and me are operating on a singular wavelength. Cass and my reign of terror is no more.

But really, there were probably about 300 kids running around screaming.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited July 2007
    So I went to go cop Marvel: Ultimate Alliance yesterday -- a game that came out in October mind you -- and that shit is still retailing for $49.99. I said goddamn Xbox! Let me breathe a little!

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    (high pitched voice) Cheeseburger!

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited July 2007
    So I went to go cop Marvel: Ultimate Alliance yesterday -- a game that came out in October mind you -- and that shit is still retailing for $49.99. I said goddamn Xbox! Let me breathe a little!

If you're copping it, what does the price matter?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited July 2007

O_o

Wow, that's shitty.

Haphazard on
    edited July 2007
    (high pitched voice) Cheeseburger!

Indigestion! Heartburn! Food poisoning!

Paaaaraaaaaaasiiiiiiiiiiites!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Laaaaame.

Huzzah! Hap you and me are operating on a singular wavelength. Cass and my reign of terror is no more.

But really, there were probably about 300 kids running around screaming.

Well, if you will leave your barn door open...

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I rather liked Jacobs ideas, I'm just worried about how they're being implemented currently with the whole Congress for New Urbanism and such. They're focusing on the need for multi-use buildings and increased street life without even looking at the 'use a light hand and scalpel not a meat ax' message.

moniker on
    edited July 2007

Wait -- copping doesn't mean stealing, does it? You're messing me up here, man.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2007

I rather liked Jacobs ideas, I'm just worried about how they're being implemented currently with the whole Congress for New Urbanism and such. They're focusing on the need for multi-use buildings and increased street life without even looking at the 'use a light hand and scalpel not a meat ax' message.
    By multi-use buildings you mean buildings which support, say, a commercial space on the first floor or two, maybe some offices above that, and residential space in other parts? Because I'm a big fan of that.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I think it generically means "to get," which could be purchase or steal.

skippydumptruck on
    edited July 2007

I think it generically means "to get," which could be purchase or steal.
    That's what I thought -- just making sure I'm not crazy.

edited July 2007
    You could still be crazy, cel...

Haphazard on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

By multi-use buildings you mean buildings which support, say, a commercial space on the first floor or two, maybe some offices above that, and residential space in other parts? Because I'm a big fan of that.

Yeah. Those are great and it didn't make any sense when they were abandonned for ___ centers an offramp away from each other. The thing is to make sure you're replacing buildings and rearranging streets/street widths with the bigger picture relatively foggy and compromisable. Otherwise you get massive tracts of the same thing which leads us right back to the problems we had before. Only with shiny new facades and more awnings.

moniker on
    edited July 2007
    You could still be crazy, cel...
    No I really don't think that's the case. Nope. Nuh uh. No way.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't find a picture of a cowboy shooting from the hip. Flickr just has photos taken from the hip and GIS just has people doing the gun finger thing at a more typical height. Bah!

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I can't find a picture of a cowboy shooting from the hip. Flickr just has photos taken from the hip and GIS just has people doing the gun finger thing at a more typical height. Bah!
    damn, that's difficult indeed.

Aldo on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    thank you ege, mojo, and haps, on the whole raging bull thing. my friend didn't like it either.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.