As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Beta sign-ups closed at over ONE MILLION!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote:
    My favourite GW2 feature: no tagging mobs, everyone who attacks a mob gets rewarded with exp and crap.

Honestly, they should just get rid of the idea of "grouping" in non-instanced areas altogether here. At this point it just seems like it gets you a shared chat channel and is a way to go into an instanced area together. In the normal world, it just treats you like you are grouped anyway.

Like, if you are in the area with someone, you should be automatically "grouped" with them and can see their health bar and what not.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I feel left out by all the boner quotes. I shall thusly try one of my own:

Guild Wars 2 makes my lady bits tingle.

(Also, go go MMORPG spouse findage. Met mine in DAOC, we stabbed stuff together in WoW, and soon we will be a human thief and asura mage or necromancer combo!)

She's likely to be a sylvari elementalist, I'm almost certainly going to be a human engineer. We will be controlling hella zones together, and it will be the definition of romance.

• Options
    Rend wrote:
    Corehealer wrote:
    Rend wrote:
    Corehealer wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote:
    Why do I not have a quote?

Corehealer, you wound my Charr heart of battle-catedness.

New thread smell. Delicious.

It is a privilege to be earned by ingratiating oneself to the game's awesomeness. Look upon the wall and emulate it. How does this game make you feel?

Guild Wars literally gave me a wife. Guild Wars 2 will be our threesome.

From someone who met their better half in WoW I salute you and look forward to journeying Tyria with you and everyone else.

reVerse and REG should also look at the wall again.

She spammed LFG for a healer, but she got a husband <3

So were you not a healer or were you just a bad one? :P

• Options
    shryke wrote:
    Rend wrote:
    Corehealer wrote:
    Rend wrote:
    Corehealer wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote:
    Why do I not have a quote?

Corehealer, you wound my Charr heart of battle-catedness.

New thread smell. Delicious.

It is a privilege to be earned by ingratiating oneself to the game's awesomeness. Look upon the wall and emulate it. How does this game make you feel?

Guild Wars literally gave me a wife. Guild Wars 2 will be our threesome.

From someone who met their better half in WoW I salute you and look forward to journeying Tyria with you and everyone else.

reVerse and REG should also look at the wall again.

She spammed LFG for a healer, but she got a husband <3

So were you not a healer or were you just a bad one? :P

I healed the hole in her heart where I belonged!

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    The consistency of the syrupy nerd romance in this thread is reaching critical levels.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    This one time a dude confessed his love for me while we were playing WoW but he was drunk.

• Options
    reVerse wrote:
    This one time a dude confessed his love for me while we were playing WoW but he was drunk.

That just means his inhibitions were lowered and his real feelings were coming through.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    shryke wrote:
    reVerse wrote:

That just means his inhibitions were lowered and his real feelings were coming through.

OH NO I MAY HAVE PASSED BY my one chance for true love

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote:

If memory serves didn't this most importantly of all lead to an awesome cake of winitude?

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    Rend wrote:

If memory serves didn't this most importantly of all lead to an awesome cake of winitude?

You mean, this one?
    cake1.jpg
    (close up of our two characters)
    cake2.jpg

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Roll D6 for true love.

488W936.png
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm not even following the GW2 blog any more. By now I'm so convinced that ANet are putting together something really very special that I simply don't need any more information. I don't even have my usual urge to find out everything about a game in case there might be some remote chance I won't like said game.

As far as I'm concerned it is now only a matter of waiting to be proven correct.

Huggles on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My wife and I only met on IRC, not some fancy game like you guys. Still, we do play together. A Charr Elementalist and an Asura Guardian, comin' soon!

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    D'awww. If only I'd taken my buddy up on her proposal, then I could relate gamer marriage stories too!

Then again, this way my other buddy has to pay for her school. Hah!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Re-read the OP. Ripped another pair of pants...if this keeps up, I'm not going to have anything to wear by release. Pun intended

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    @Rend - can I marry you next?

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    My GF and I are united in our hatred of WoW...does that count?

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Me and my wife played Guildwars together and we're going to play Guildwars 2 together.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So... apparently NCsoft is suing the dudes who are working out the U.S. release of TERA? :<

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    You can't post that and provide no linkage...

• Options
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I might be very off base here but it always seemed to me that, out of all the NCsoft joints, A.Net has some of the most autonomy.

Not saying it might not effect them in some manner but probably not.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Arthil wrote:

So it looks like they're really trying to screw the Blue Hole, huh? Can I even say something like that on these forums?

• Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote:
    Arthil wrote:

So it looks like they're really trying to screw the Blue Hole, huh? Can I even say something like that on these forums?

Yes.

Some analysis on this story from a guy over on SA:

There are two lawsuits in the story. Some NCSoft employees, who founded Bluehole, were convicted in a criminal court of selling NCSofts trade secrets, and this was (mostly) upheld on appeals. NCSoft then sought damages and an injunction against Bluehole profiting from this illegal sale through a civil suit, which they won, but that was overturned on appeal.

The new lawsuit is NCSoft filing against En Masse Entertainment for, from what I can read, much the same argument as they brought against Bluehole in the civil suit (that is, TERA is built using stolen NCSoft tech). Even though the claim is the same, it's not a sure thing it will have the same outcome: the suit against Bluehole might have failed simply because they couldn't demonstrate any lost revenue from the game (since Bluehole hadn't publiched anything at the time) and thus there was nothing to place an injunction on. They have since though, and now will release it in the states via En Masse.

Whatever the details, it is proven that those that founded Bluehole did steal trade secrets from NCSoft and En Masse is in business with them. NCSoft would be daft not to follow the legal options they have for preventing competitors benefitting from the theft. The critical part seems to be if it can be demonstrated that TERA uses the stolen tech/assets.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    Wow, so basically when the forum trolls starting go on about how TERA is just a big rip-off, they'll actually be...um...right?

Has the world gone mad?

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    ironzerg wrote:
    Wow, so basically when the forum trolls starting go on about how TERA is just a big rip-off, they'll actually be...um...right?

Has the world gone mad?

From what I understand, whatever copyrighted materials Bluehole had from NCsoft has long since been handed over and removed (supposedly). The suit that's being filed now is being filed under some crazy ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL! concept art and ideas that them bluehole boys dun thunk up back while working for NCsoft.

But this is the GW2 thread and I don't think Arenanet has much control over what shenanigans their parent company are up to. I'd like to not see this thread derailed by all that D:

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    We have no other information to talk about :<

I am glad ANet stays away from the crazy of their publisher though.

• Options
    And that their publisher gives them this autonomy.

I would very highly doubt you would see this kind of stuff come from their studio. you just get the impression everybody there has to go in front of Colin Johansen and if they don't measure up he turns them into a horse.

And we all know where that leads...

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I will say it is kind of creepy and small world how many people Anet, NCsoft and EME share between themselves at one point or another.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote:

I would very highly doubt you would see this kind of stuff come from their studio. you just get the impression everybody there has to go in front of Colin Johansen and if they don't measure up he turns them into a horse.

They're cast in the new MLP?

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote:

Or they go to the glue factory to support the Charr war effort.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote:
    naengwen wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote:

Or they go to the glue factory to support the Charr war effort.

Quoted for high volumes of win. Do not attempt to pun off of my brilliant set-up any further.

You've all been bested before you even knew there was a challenge issued.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    So, I'm looking around, and I'm not seeing a release date for the main game or for an open beta.

• Options
    That's because open beta hasn't been officially announced yet, hell it's just going to be weekend tests, and that release is only when the 'open' tests make it seem like it's ready.

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote:
    Rend wrote:

You mean, this one?
    snip
    (close up of our two characters)
    snip

That'd be it. Most impressive. Also, most impressive that my memory coughed that connection up. I guess now I know how to commit things to memory: cake association.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    That's because open beta hasn't been officially announced yet, hell it's just going to be weekend tests, and that release is only when the 'open' tests make it seem like it's ready.

So, not even a vague "Q-whatever" or "Maybe this month"?

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote:
    Arthil wrote:

Nothing but guesses on our part and a "Closed testing is going well" from Anet, not surprising. They know better than to commit to a date.

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote:
    Arthil wrote:

You are rather behind on this thread and its predecessor. Don't worry, come huddle up with us and we shall keep your warm and increase your knowledge in the harsh blizzard that is the lack of definitive information.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    REG Rysk wrote:
    You are rather behind on this thread and its predecessor. Don't worry, come huddle up with us and we shall keep your warm and increase your knowledge in the harsh blizzard that is the lack of definitive information.

Oh ho ho, I see what you did there.
    Unless it was unintentional. I still reserve the right to see it as funny.

Man, I miss last year, when we'd get entire weeks of content to pore over. Remember racial weeks, dudes?

Entriech on
  • Options
    Charr Week was the best week.

It will continue to be the best week until release. Then every week will be Charr Week, and it will be glorious.

This discussion has been closed.