As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Share With Us Your Sordid and Recent Past

18910111214»

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    It feels like it's been a century since I turned 17

My life is Twilight

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    five years ago my life was in the toilet

my life since then has improved with basically every passing week

I am happier, smarter and stronger than I have ever been

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

My life is Twilight

Well you are quite pale...

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:

My life is Twilight

Well you are quite pale...

Are you scared...?

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    are we quoting Twilight now?

Is that what we're doing?

Honestly tell me cause I've never seen the movies

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    I think so

I've only seen the first movie

• Options
    that movie is a trip

• Options
    I didn't hate it

I tried watching the second one but I was tired and there's awkward pauses between every single line so I fell asleep

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    5 years ago, I was digging out of the snow. 3 days my mother and baby brother were stuck at the top of the hill while the car was at the bottom. The middle brother had left for California and father was in Africa, burying his mother. I had quit my very nice dishwashing job in anticipation of traveling overseas to see her one last time. Things didn't work out that way and I was at home, helping family with the grief and consoling the baby brother that never got to meet her. I was surfing the web when I took my mother's advice and found a different path than the one she recommended and found myself with a warehouse temp agency that gave me a great deal of money to make me happy.

To this day I am still stirred to a deep and white hot anger over the fact that my youngest brother was denied the unyielding and unjudging love of his grandmother due to the violence in my father's birth nation, then I consider how many other children were deprived of that love, and then deprived of that history and stories and legacy that love brought along with it. It reminds me of how much of my past was taken away and how much work I have in my future.
    OH2sTl.png

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    gurren.png

yeah I like The Offspring too

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    I didn't hate it

I tried watching the second one but I was tired and there's awkward pauses between every single line so I fell asleep

yeah the first one was fun but they decided the director was having too much fun and not treating the series with the dignity it deserved so they replaced her with someone totally by-the-book

which is to say

a terrible book

• Options
    inthistwilightinthistwilight Registered User regular
    Long story version: Five years ago I was 26 years old and living in California. I had just recently left my dick of an ex, my job and my apartment and had moved back in with my mother who was in failing health. My brother and I were close even though he was in Washington aboard the Stennis. I was looking for a job and was fairly unhappy since I no longer had friends in the area. Later that year I got a job working in a candy store as an Assistant Candymaker. I loved my job, had made new friends and had found someone that I thought loved me.

What I didn't know is that in just a few months I would be losing my job when the store closed, that my mother would be passing away, the house we lived in would be foreclosed on, I would be evicted, my brother and I would become estranged, the guy I thought had loved me would turn out to be a lying psycho, go through two different assaults, I would discover two half-brothers I had never met before and that I would end up moving to the East Coast and begin a nomadic lifestyle. No exaggeration.

Five years later I have survived a lot. I just moved, yet again, but this time back to the West Coast. I'm living not even an hour from Seattle, where I've wanted to live for over 6 years. I have friends, in fact I'm living with my best friend. I don't have a job right now, but am looking. I'm actually pretty damn happy because even though my life turned completely upside down and there were times I didn't think I'd make it - and I have to start over yet again - I'm where I want to be living, with friends that love me and I have survived so much. It's shown me just how strong I can be.

There are things that I wish had never happened. But they did. So instead of wasting my time hoping they hadn't, I'm moving on and making my life worth something. Even if I have to start all over at the bottom at the age of 31.

Or, the short story version? Yeah, I was probably masturbating in my room at this exact time 5 years ago ;)

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    are you me from the future

• Options
    inthistwilightinthistwilight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yes, yes I am.
    Complete with sex change ;)

inthistwilight on
  • Options
    i've basically done fuckall for a long time now

after my shitty ex in 2009, i left my shitty customer service job and sat at home playing video games all day

this continued pretty much until mid last year

i have had a few jobs + ladyfriends since then but im pretty much estranged from all my rl friends

im trying hard to get some kind of motivation to succeed in life aside from 'i have to get away from living with my dad'

• Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Five years ago, I was living on my own and had an amazing girlfriend.

Randomly she moved to Washington, and at the same time the people I was living with got a divorce. I moved in with a friend of a friend for a few months, sleeping on a futon in the living room of a one bedroom apartment. Things were okay for a while.

I just could not keep up on my bills, became an alcoholic, and had sex with random unattractive women. So I moved back home with my parents. I wasn't able to get my shit together for a year or so. Still drinking like a fish, still having random sex.

Almost three years ago, I found someone who changed my life and got me on the somewhat right track.

clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Five years ago I was wrapping up my last semester of college, getting my bachelor of science in Comp Sci, and wondering how the fuck I was going to get a job with literally zero networking done or contacts made of any sort on my part

Took a year and three months, been working there ever since

Also, masturbating

Ledneh on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    im trying hard to get some kind of motivation to succeed in life aside from 'i have to get away from living with my dad'

Motivation: Have a better life.

Seems like pretty good motivation.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    you'd think!

• Options
    Aphostile wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:

man if it were that easy i wouldn't weigh 290+ lbs

• Options
    a pox upon ye beasteh

• Options
    Ledneh wrote:
    Also, masturbating

yo

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ledneh wrote:
    Aphostile wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:

Hey look at this boat were in together. Though my dad has gotten way better over the last few years. Were still not best buds or anything, but we understand each other and get along at lea
    st

• Options
    Ledneh wrote:

Motivation: Don't have a damned heart attack.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Holy fuck I joined this forum 6 years ago. I probably made 1 or 2 post a year at that point but I was here lurking. That is way too long.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote:
    Ledneh wrote:

Motivation: Don't have a damned heart attack.
    But Big Macs are just so dang tasty

clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    i used to work in a mcdonalds and my favourite thing was making a big mac with quarter pounder patties and extra everything

• Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Oh and 5 years ago I was doing my 3rd year of physics and business at university most of the year and geophysical surveys in the Canadian north in the summer.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    It sounds better than I imagine it would taste.

clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    unless you have some kind of detachable snake jaw you have to use cutlery

it tastes like the voice of god would sound

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    This thread didn't reach 100? Whaaa?

• Options
    But aren't the quarter pounder patties greasier in nature? That is the part that makes me wary of it.

clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:

or you could try being american

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    This thread didn't reach 100? Whaaa?
    Sorry, I just got back a couple days ago.

clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote:

I guess if the voice of god sounds like awful quality everything, then yeah.

Nothing. Matters.