As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Sororitas wish they were packing Wych 'weapons'. (They're probably fake)

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    My wife loves the 40k universe. She reads the novels, plays a Sister of Battle in my Dark Heresy game, and she enjoys painting models. She absolutely refuses to play 40k though. She thinks the rules are dense and unintuitive.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Nealneal wrote:
    My wife loves the 40k universe. She reads the novels, plays a Sister of Battle in my Dark Heresy game, and she enjoys painting models. She absolutely refuses to play 40k though. She thinks the rules are dense and unintuitive.

Unintuitive is the politely censored version of her opinion I assume?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    saluksic wrote:
    So if Nax jumped off a bridge would you too?

You wouldn't?
    saluksic wrote:
    It's probably fake.
    Bonus joke!

They're probably fake.

BA-DUM-TISH
    saluksic wrote:
    Congrats to you guys too. (Assuming she says yes).

She will if she doesn't want to get throw down the side of Fuji.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    My gf has a Tau army and managed to inherit a Lizardman army from a few friends who were getting rid of their old minis.
    She also painted my Craftworld Eldar.
    She came along to the game i had yesterday and took photos. Gunna write up a battle report over the weekend.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    As promised, my messy Workstation!

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetMysteryShadow/RealLife/01250009.JPG.html

Dang, I need to clean this place up.

Are ... you ... are you using old gateway computer cases as STRUCTURAL supports?

Also my wife indulges me my hobbies, and has played board games with me a few times, but she really would rather just watch other people play a game well than try and struggle though it herself. I guess that's just what she likes though, her biggest hobby is watching movies.

DO3O00C.png
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    ElderCat wrote:
    As promised, my messy Workstation!

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetMysteryShadow/RealLife/01250009.JPG.html

Dang, I need to clean this place up.

Are ... you ... are you using old gateway computer cases as STRUCTURAL supports?

Also my wife indulges me my hobbies, and has played board games with me a few times, but she really would rather just watch other people play a game well than try and struggle though it herself. I guess that's just what she likes though, her biggest hobby is watching movies.

The most stable those Gateways have ever been!! And they're not just cases, they are actual computers.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
    The most stable those Gateways have ever been!!

Sadly that's not even a joke.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    saluksic wrote:
    Who's had luck getting the ladies interested in gaming?

My wife doesn't want to play 40K and she has really shakey hands, so painting is right out. She fully supports me playing though. She also likes that it gets me out of the house on Sundays. She likes to come up to the store and BS with the people there too, although it helps that the manager's GF and her get along really well.

She had played D&D and Vampire before we even met. She played in a couple of the games I've been in since we've been together. Shadowrun, Deadlands, D&D, and a really short Exalted game.

My wife is a big sci-fi fantasy geek too. Lately I've been teasing her that she has a crush on the kid that plays Merlin.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I've always thought that by and large the miniature gamer and most of the pen and paper gamers were the most well adjusted folk. Not inhibited in most cases, not trying to create a false identity in order to meet people, and generally at peace with who they are and what they represent. Granted, I could name a few people who I play with that...well it boggles the mind how they function in society. But the majority are pretty normal and nice guys.

Related note: My wife wanted to paint some stuff, but when I explained how detail oriented it needed to be, and showed her what needed to be touched up on a test mini she did...she lost interest. Since then she's started D&D-ing with me, says it's much easier.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    First, congratulations are in order; well met and have fun!

Second; Forge World scarabs, just because:
    scarabs2.jpg

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

new: FORGEWORLD vanilla space marines!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Heck yeah old-school scarabs.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

new: FORGEWORLD vanilla space marines!

Because they're 40,000 times cooler than the dinky little blobs you get on the Warrior sprue, duh.

And Forge World have about eight sets of "vanilla space marines" out there or does 'slightly different armour detail' not count as vanilla?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Those scarabs, so cute.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    those scarabs fucking own

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    Well Ive been married 10 years now and it's quite odd in that my wife shares almost none of the interests I do. She hates sci-fi and fantasy and even though Ive painted countless marines and guard she would not be able to tell you which army I play. I can't say I mind because it makes for a nice balance because otherwise all I would ever do is paint and play video games. Also I don't think I could stand to play my wife at 40k, we would just get in huge arguments and she would give up. BUT, I wouldn't have it any other way. I like having it as my own hobby.

Probably for the best for me too. I get spergy when my wife can't stop running backwards into the side of the screen in Lego Star Wars. I can't imagine trying to teach her 40k.

E26cO.jpg
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The funny thing is people think the SO has to be INTO what you're into but actually they just have to be respectful of your right to do things you like - they don't even have to actually particularly like the activity themselves, they just have to not resent it.

JohnnyCache on
    The funny thing is people think the SO has to be INTO what you're into but actually they just have to be respectful of your right to do things you like - they don't even have to actually particularly like the activity themselves, they just have to not resent it.

True story.

mugginns wrote:
    Probably for the best for me too. I get spergy when my wife can't stop running backwards into the side of the screen in Lego Star Wars. I can't imagine trying to teach her 40k.

Had the same thing happen with my wife on Lego Harry Potter.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular

This one the key reasons I married my wife. I showed her my models, my RPG books, and my vast collection of video games. I also explained how much time I devote to these things, and her reply was: "Cool, that means I can read and play my own video games."

I purposed the next day.

Gonna update the map in a bit, anyone else need to be added?

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend loves fantasy-flight boardgame and pen/paper rpgs, and shes painted a few minis, but I have yet to fully win her over to 40k. She picked up Einsenhorn off my bookshelf and couldn't stop laughing and reading out loud at how ridiculous the writing was.

I said that was totally the point.

website_header.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

True story.

My life speaks to that.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    First, congratulations are in order; well met and have fun!

Second; Forge World scarabs, just because:
    scarabs2.jpg

I love FW. I jsut can't afford them. I'd love to have their tyranid ripper swarms. Like, ten bases of them. that would be about right.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    McGibs wrote:
    My girlfriend loves fantasy-flight boardgame and pen/paper rpgs, and shes painted a few minis, but I have yet to fully win her over to 40k. She picked up Einsenhorn off my bookshelf and couldn't stop laughing and reading out loud at how ridiculous the writing was.

I said that was totally the point.

The wife really likes boardgames like Ticket to Ride, Small World, and Carcassone. Problem is she almost always wins.

One of these days man, I'm definitely going to buy some Forgeworld dudes.

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    My wife can beat me at bowling somehow. That's mostly it. If we ever play board games, her one and only goal is to make sure I lose, no matter what.

Have you ever played uno with 3 other people who's only goal is to make sure you lose? It's frustrating :P

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Having a partner who shares all of your hobbies seems to be one of those things that people think would be awesome, but I honestly can't see the appeal of dating myself, but with boobs. In my book, occasionally being separate people with separate interests, with some areas where you coincide strikes me as being the healthier alternative. One of the things I like in a relationship is what new things it can bring to my attention. That probably would stem from having lived a good part of my life abroad.

Of course, as mentioned before, at least being able to tolerate your partner's hobbies is extremely important too. In college there was one friend whose wife absolutely hated PnP RPGs for no particular reason. If we went out to a bar for pool, darts, and cheap beer, or even a titty bar, she was fine. If were getting together for gaming, then without fail something 'more important' would come up that he had to come home right away. It makes you feel really bad to revile an otherwise nice girl as a total bitch, but when she continually ruins your gaming nights, it's hard not to.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2012
    That's the worst, Gabriel. I mean, how many SOs have their girl's nights ruined by dudes playing Warhams?

And I agree. My +1 likes to my shit when it's all painted up, but has no interest in playing. She occasionally will play the odd D&D session when she has time, but that's not very often.

Vanguard on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Of course, as mentioned before, at least being able to tolerate your partner's hobbies is extremely important too. In college there was one friend whose wife absolutely hated PnP RPGs for no particular reason. If we went out to a bar for pool, darts, and cheap beer, or even a titty bar, she was fine. If were getting together for gaming, then without fail something 'more important' would come up that he had to come home right away. It makes you feel really bad to revile an otherwise nice girl as a total bitch, but when she continually ruins your gaming nights, it's hard not to.

Because 'football, titties, and beer' are what men are into. Games that require intelligence, strategy, and in this case a modicum of artistic ability are for nerds and man-children.

It's society, man. If the average person asks you your weekend plans and you respond with: "Gonna hit up the bar and crush some beers while we watch the game" Then you're just being a guy.

If your answer is: "Gonna hang out with some friends and raid Molten Core (or whatever) in WoW" Then you really need to get your shit together because what the fuck are you doing with your life? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    If your answer is: "Gonna hang out with some friends and raid Molten Core (or whatever) in WoW" Then you really need to get your shit together because what the fuck are you doing with your life? You should be ashamed of yourself.

lol

E26cO.jpg
    I always try to be unreserved when people want to know about what I do in my spare time. It can be hard to be honest when you know that people are going to expect something totally different than what you are going to say, though. I imagine that for most of my family, coworkers, church friends or classmates I'm the only war gamer they are likely to meet.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular

Because 'football, titties, and beer' are what men are into. Games that require intelligence, strategy, and in this case a modicum of artistic ability are for nerds and man-children.

It's society, man. If the average person asks you your weekend plans and you respond with: "Gonna hit up the bar and crush some beers while we watch the game" Then you're just being a guy.

She may have also been a member of a church that is down on DnD...they still exist.

When people inquire what I do for fun, I respond with,

"Fighting, cars and little plastic men."

People are always confused.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular

She may have also been a member of a church that is down on DnD...they still exist.

They do. Was walking with my +1 and her dog through a shopping center and found the DnD "Chick Tracks" comic on every single bench. I made a point to go back to the start, collect all of them, and place that litter in the proper receptacle. Made me feel sooo good inside when I showed it to my girl and she laughed her ass off and told me, "Good job."

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

I may have to use this at some point...
    "I engage in mock battles between intergalactic armies. I also paint."

When asked for my weekend plans I usually respond with "comics, games, booze". Some how me adding alcohol into the mix makes all the geeking out more acceptable. That's one of the reasons it's become the motto of my website.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Tomanta wrote:

I may have to use this at some point...
    "I engage in mock battles between intergalactic armies. I also paint."

Tomanta, that sounds so cool. Especially when you imagine an astartes saying it.

And I've started Salvation's Reach and they've just started the warp journey.
    These books are so good.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dayspring wrote:
    Dayspring wrote:
    Remember when the 40k thread was in D&D?
    Nope! Because it started out in G&T? :D
    I couldn't remember so I took a chance and guessed. You gamble, you lose. :P
    daveNYC wrote:
    Dayspring wrote:
    Then I got home and my resin base order had arrived. That means one thing. I can begin work on my Necrons.

What'd you go with for Necron bases?

Voodooworx Alien Temple. I think they'll look pretty good done up metallic.
    Like Cybertron
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Dayspring wrote:
    Remember when the 40k thread was in D&D?

You're thinking of the Anime thread, which was closed down and spawned Spoon. Warhams started in G&T and was closed down and moved here/ODaM.

The anime thread that got us kicked out was in SE++ I think. Also if you want to be technical about it, I'm pretty sure it was actually named the Naruto thread. :P
    I logged into Spoon recently and was a little sad to see it's died. :(

Huh, I always thought it was the D&D Anime thread that ruined everything. Didn't know the general 40k thread was in G&T at one point. Weird. How times change.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I love FW. I jsut can't afford them. I'd love to have their tyranid ripper swarms. Like, ten bases of them. that would be about right.

Those rippers are likely on my next order from Forgeworld along with a Malanthrope or two. Those are what rippers swarms are meant to look like. A wave of bodies.

I know they're terrible. I know they'll probably lose me games. But fuck it, they look awesome.

-Loki- wrote:

Those rippers are likely on my next order from Forgeworld along with a Malanthrope or two. Those are what rippers swarms are meant to look like. A wave of bodies.

I know they're terrible. I know they'll probably lose me games. But fuck it, they look awesome.

That's pretty much the entirety of my thinking too. :)

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.