As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 01/25/12 - Moron's even crazier than I am

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Graphic Violence
Justice League #5 stepped up it's game. The "race" with superman and the flash at the begining of the issue was awesome, as was the final page. Superman is the first one to get taken down / captured and Batman decides to go save him.
4Npq4.jpg

Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #6 placed in motion for the next arc, the two issue "breather" arc has been full of fantastic character moments, and we get actual confirmation that Black Widow's child is Furys. Can't wait for Hawkeye to go try to get the People to fight against Reed and his Tomorrow's Children. Can't wait for Captain Britain to "officially" join the team, here he shares a moment with his dying brother who is reveled to be dying from cancer that he got for wearing the first version of the EUSS suit. I love this book, with it's event like feel.
5KIfV.jpg

The Flash #5 concludes the current arc. Manupal continues to draw the heck out of it, with Buccellato doing his best colors yet. Though I'm not entirely sure where the villain's sudden personality change/ motivation came from at the end.
VrqHF.jpg
L4PZz.jpg

Fantastic Four #602, Galactus arrives!
KhzvR.jpg
AobJU.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Aquaman #5 felt like filler, and only had a half issue's worth of real story. The ending should lead into a very interesting #6, and this was actually a clever Aquaman joke:
    aquaman5a.jpg

aquaman5b.jpg

Transformers: Robots In Disguise #1 is more serious than More Than Meets The Eye, but still just as interesting. It really is the Uncanny to MTMTE's WatXM (acronyms everywhere!) Prowl's got his hands busy dealing with the Decepticons
    transformersrid1a.jpg

transformersrid1b.jpg

transformersrid1c.jpg

Finally Astonishing X-Men #46 has been a rather good surprise, as Cyclops is streets ahead, and the villain's purpose is interesting even if he himself really isn't. There is also symbolism everywhere:

xmenastonishing46a.jpg

Savior is Xavier in this world, who uses mutant powers to recreate the atmosphere that their Magneto destroyed. He's a benevolent dictator, basically.

xmenastonishing46b.jpg

xmenastonishing46d.jpg

• Options
    CarbonRodCarbonRod Registered User regular
    Holy crap why am I not reading Fantastic 4?

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    So Galactus is the cavalry?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    So Galactus is the cavalry?

Reminds me of Earth X.

CarbonRod's got a question I should be asking myself.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Wait, when did X-Men Evolution show up in Astonishing?

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    In Aquaman, why is the late night host guy holding up a fishbowl? Was he afraid that the audience needed a visual aid for a "fish out of water"?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    In Aquaman, why is the late night host guy holding up a fishbowl? Was he afraid that the audience needed a visual aid for a "fish out of water"?
    Late Night talk show hosts use obvious/stupid props all the dang time

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Robots in Disguise #1 was sold out by the time I got to my shop today

bought Locke and Key, will read it after I finish Gaiman's Eternals. Reread Morrison's Animal Man run today, THAT is good comics.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:

I don't remember ever seeing Leno or Letterman or Conan using dumb props during their monologues

I mean, I'm just sayin' it looks weird

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:

I don't remember ever seeing Leno or Letterman or Conan using dumb props during their monologues

I mean, I'm just sayin' it looks weird
    Maybe not their monologues

but I know for a fact that Leno uses dumb props for bits all the time. He usually just has a table of stupid fake things that he makes fun of. Letterman, I don't know because I barely ever watch him.

I love Conan but that man uses so many dumb props and characters for his gags. The moon hitting Tom Hanks, the mascot dunk bit, the characters in the audience, etc.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Leno and Letterman ARE the dumb props!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    the moon hitting tom hanks was great