As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

80s music [chat]

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    2000 had the neon cyber culture and rave stuff

That was 90s. With all those hackers and their 56K modems.

was it? huh.

anywho, everyone should watch We Live In Public. It's an awesome documentary if you weren't all internety at the time

919UOwT.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    BOOOOOO 80S

HISSSSSS

you and me are through, DK

divorce. now.

Some days I want to listen to Africa all day long. This is not one of those days!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Ah, yes, our generation is pre-occupied with 80s themed parties revisiting the long-dead trends of three decades ago ... I wonder if our kids will have parties with the year 2000 as a theme.
    80's = popped collars and pastel suits
    90's = plaid and mullets
    ... 2000 had no trend. The Rachel haircut?

we just can't see it yet

ftOqU21.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    Iced coffee is delicious!

Raves are like TRON but in real life so I guess they're okay too

What do you mean TRON was a documentary

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The Rachel was firmly 90s.

edited January 2012
    The 2000 era had clean lines, the hip hop - pop crossover, the return of some nice design cues, and lots and lots of sadness.

Donkey Kong on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh right, Deceit was 1981

I GUESS THERE IS SOME GOOD 80s MUSIC AFTER ALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDq9YHcIip0&feature=related

(also Joy Division and occasionally New Order)

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Look at this smug bastard:

200px-Golgo_13_-_ss_3.gif

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Roar: I can't garauntee that I will be on at 1am est for super MNC but I will try.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    200px-Golgo_13_-_ss_3.gif[/quote]

Duke Togo is a real man's man.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    susprised elendil doesn't like Devo

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Roar: I can't garauntee that I will be on at 1am est for super MNC but I will try.

fairenough I still got like 50 hours of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 to play through by Feb 14th

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    reddit sux

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    reddit sux

f7u12

reddit sux

I kinda wish r/trees, r/atheism, r/mensrights, and r/ronpaul would be wiped from the servers forever

And their users wiped from the planet

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    cass is the worst

obF2Wuw.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The 2000 era had clean lines, the hip hop - pop crossover, the return of some nice design cues, and lots and lots of sadness.

I don't know what any of this means.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    it means emenmenmene

that you are hopelessly uncool and should drown your sorrows in a delicious glass of creamy milk

obF2Wuw.png
    early 00's had nu-metal

those were dark days

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    2000 had the neon cyber culture and rave stuff

Raves and cyberpunk, yes.

Be warned, friends. We are currently creating the bullshit retro culture we must live through again in 2040.

Raving was the early 90s

You guys are the worst historians

Cyberpunk was the mid80s!

Tav wrote:
    early 00's had nu-metal

those were dark days

it was their last resort.

Ludious wrote:
    reddit sux

I kinda wish r/trees, r/atheism, r/mensrights, and r/ronpaul would be wiped from the servers forever

so you, as a religious person, are advocating the eradication of atheists is what you are saying

of course it's what you're saying

i'm going to tell everyone

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Fuck trends

High Modernist furniture was the best

It can never come back too many times

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57366219-503544/rick-santorum-left-uses-college-for-indoctrination
    "It's no wonder President Obama wants every kid to go to college," said the former Pennsylvania senator. "The indoctrination that occurs in American universities is one of the keys to the left holding and maintaining power in America. And it is indoctrination."

He continued: "If they taught Judeo-Christian principles in those colleges and universities, they would be stripped of every dollar. If they teach radical secular ideology, they get all the government support that they can possibly give them. Because you know 62 percent of children who enter college with a faith conviction leave without it."

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I still can't believe Korn released a song with Skrillex and people listen to that shit.

Elendil wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    reddit sux

so you, as a religious person, are advocating the eradication of atheists is what you are saying

THOSE atheists. Yes. Only those.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    desc wrote:

Fuck trends

High Modernist furniture was the best

It can never come back too many times

High Modernist? Is that the furniture from the Clockwork Orange movie that was made out of naked ladies?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    cass is the worst

:bz

after you left vent the teenagers who tried to ventbomb us were speculating as to the state of your teeth and how easily they would kick your ass

heavens i accidentally made a burger with two top buns

and another with two bottom buns

...so that's where that went

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    especially r/trees

r/trees is...?

ftOqU21.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57366219-503544/rick-santorum-left-uses-college-for-indoctrination
    "It's no wonder President Obama wants every kid to go to college," said the former Pennsylvania senator. "The indoctrination that occurs in American universities is one of the keys to the left holding and maintaining power in America. And it is indoctrination."

He continued: "If they taught Judeo-Christian principles in those colleges and universities, they would be stripped of every dollar. If they teach radical secular ideology, they get all the government support that they can possibly give them. Because you know 62 percent of children who enter college with a faith conviction leave without it."

If this is true then I've never been so proud of our educational system before.

Because you know 62 percent of children who enter college with a faith conviction leave without it."

well golly I wonder why

Ludious wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    reddit sux

it's too late

every atheist on the internet has been informed of your extremism

Elendil wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    reddit sux

it's too late

every atheist on the internet has been informed of your extremism

Ludious, we're going to have to form a drum circle on your lawn. It is the only course of action left to us.

Abdhyius wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    especially r/trees

r/trees is...?

a place for the worst kind of marijuana supporter. The stoned dirtbags who talk about weed all day, show off their bongs. I'm not into stoner culture so I don't know if this is an all over thing but each post has to end in how high they are represented by a number in brackets.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Evergreen trees are my favorite kind of tree.

Ludious wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    especially r/trees

r/trees is...?

a place for the worst kind of marijuana supporter. The stoned dirtbags who talk about weed all day, show off their bongs. I'm not into stoner culture so I don't know if this is an all over thing but each post has to end in how high they are represented by a number in brackets.

That's so absurd.

[8]

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    CHAAAA LA HEAD-CHA-LA

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.