As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Taking NyQuil isn't a sleep aid so much as a "the last 8-12 hours of your life never happened" aid

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    you cant blame him; nyquil is tastier than it needs to be

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I always take the gelcaps, I never have liquid NyQuil around the house

Pepto-Bismol is pretty much the only liquid medication I can take and prefer in liquid form

joshofalltrades on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Guys never fold and just take drugs willy nilly.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I've never taken medicine to sleep

When I haven't been able to I just lie there forever until I do

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Buy them like the rest of us.

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can

easysig2.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Squall wrote:

Fucking christ no I have to chase that shit

lfYVHTd.png
    Keith wrote:

This used to be my policy until I started having to work at 4 AM and I'd lie in bed from 8 PM to 3 AM, and then realize it was too late to take something that would help me fall asleep

Stale wrote:
    once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can

Shut up

Don't you know this is bat country

I have the occasional ibuprofen. Just to remind myself what not being in pain feels like.

Feels good!

Does hell with my stomach though so fuck swallowing those regularly.

Squall wrote:

Nothing like the one-two punch of nyquil and goldschlager

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:

This used to be my policy until I started having to work at 4 AM and I'd lie in bed from 8 PM to 3 AM, and then realize it was too late to take something that would help me fall asleep

Oh, I'm not dismissing the need

I'm just relating that I've never done it

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Squall wrote:

dayquil is some rancid shit

but nyquil has always tasted great to me

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    h5 to my adderall buddies. adhd up in here! I'm the inattentive type with some of the social stuff
    I take 25mg XR for the day then 5mg as needed for when I gotta be doing stuff in the evening
    Thinking next appointment I'll ask for either an increase to one of them cause the 5s don't last all that long.

Also on paxil for the anxiety

AND I just got an IUD. No more bc pills for nuvarings for me! 8-) Feel so free!

Who will invent the first intraurethral device

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    smoke weed erry day
    poor cannabis, so useful for so many reasons, so misunderstood for so many dumb ones

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I am the worst at taking drugs. Like, I have been offered high grade pain medication, by an ER doctor, after setting my face on fire, and I declined. I straight up forget that ibuprofen exists on a regular basis.

Lately I have been considering picking up a new shrink and trying some brain drugs though. The depression has been pretty palpable.

• Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    I am pretty sure that winners don't use drugs.

But I take all of my life advice from '90s arcade games.

screenshot2.png

Video games made me do it. Alternatively,

Narc-2005-French-Pal-Cd-Cover-59248.jpg

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
    Straightzi wrote:
    I am the worst at taking drugs. Like, I have been offered high grade pain medication, by an ER doctor, after setting my face on fire, and I declined. I straight up forget that ibuprofen exists on a regular basis.

Lately I have been considering picking up a new shrink and trying some brain drugs though. The depression has been pretty palpable.

Do it. If you're nervous about becoming dependent on it or something, there are some drugs that don't stay in your system for a long time after taking them in case you decide it's not for you.

edited January 2012
    Who will invent the first intraurethral device

That sounds painful
    My innards were all like maaaan what is this thing ragecramp

Wasn't too bad though, never been a big cramper

skettios on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Within the past six months, I've started getting really bad anxiety about motion sickness. Flying used to never be a problem for me, but when I went up to my parents' for Thanksgiving it was a disaster. Just the idea of being trapped on a plane and having to puke, no asking it to pull over so I can get out and let the symptoms subside, just stuck in a moving vehicle for a couple hours. It also happens in cars, on busses and on the metro, but not as bad (since it's easier to get out).

And the thing is, I don't actually get motion-sickness. The only times I've ever really experienced it is if I'm reading in a car. But the anxiety manifests itself as nausea, and before I realized that it was anxiety, I interpreted it as motion sickness, which only made my anxiety worse. I only began to realize what it was when certain activities didn't effect it as I expected. Going out at night, I'd be feeling sick on the metro ride out, but after drinking and eating a full meal (which generally makes me more inclined towards nausea) the metro ride home would be completely fine. And then, on that Thanksgiving plane flight, while I spent the whole flight thinking, "Oh God, please don't throw up, please don't throw up, please don't throw up...", when we actually hit turbulence the choppiness didn't affect me at all.

So now I take lorazepam before flying, since that's when my anxiety was at its worse. I don't take anything for cars and metro, but just knowing that it's anxiety, not motion sickness, that's making me feel sick helps a little. My doctor recommended taking a yoga class to learn yoga breathing, which I might do at some point, and I'm hoping that eventually I won't need the lorazepam any more, since this is all in my head and has gotten better already in the two months since I realized what it was.

• SASA Registered User regular
    I smoke cannabis pretty often and I experiment with hallucinogens maybe once or twice a year.

I also take a magnesium supplement because it prevents migraines.

WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

this is pretty much why I take it, otherwise I'm getting like 4 hours of sleep a day

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    Stale wrote:

Shut up

Don't you know this is bat country

Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.

easysig2.jpg
    Peccavi wrote:
    But the anxiety manifests itself as nausea, and before I realized that it was anxiety, I interpreted it as motion sickness, which only made my anxiety worse.

I had this but with drinking

I got sick a few times after drinking (but not related to the drinking), so any time I thought about drinking or had a beer my stomach would just go to hell and I'd stop and shit forever

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I don't take any drugs

I've noticed that when I drink more than one beer my chest gets really tight and uncomfortable now

So I've mostly stopped

I haven't tried drinking since being put on these meds

• Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    I've always had this old fashioned stigma of "You're a guy, don't take medicine, don't go to the doctor unless something isn't where it's supposed to be or you're bleeding more than a towel will stop."

I don't judge others for not keeping to this stigma, in fact I advise against my viewpoint on medicine whenever it comes up for others, but I can't seem to break myself of it... even though I probably should.

"Never Hit"
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I probably should be taking iron. Take a multivitamin now because I had slight anemia a bit ago.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    drugs suck

reposig.jpg
    edited January 2012
    @Peccavi
    I only get motion sickness if I read in a car too!
    hmmmmmmmm
    perhaps I will look into this

skettios on
    Fandyien wrote:
    drugs suck

no u

• ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Ketamine.

steam_sig.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fandyien wrote:
    drugs suck

fandy is my anti drug

• peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    Even though I've been diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder, I have never been medicated for it.

Avoidant Personality Disorder (among others) won't be a separate Disorder anymore in DSM-V. Apparently there is some hullaboo from clinicians that can't deal with the idea of 'pathological personality traits' that replaces these disorders but I have no idea why this matters.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    @Peccavi
    I only get motion sickness if I read in a car too!
    hmmmmmmmm
    perhaps I will look into this

No, that's actual motion sickness. Completely normal. It's just that I started thinking I had motion sickness all the time, which really isn't the case.

Though there is stuff that can help with nausea, like candied ginger (not ginger candy).

Peccavi wrote:
    Though there is stuff that can help with nausea, like candied ginger (not ginger candy).

You can call me Candy :)

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    i smoke weed on the regular, and take ibuprofen for migraines on the regular too

This discussion has been closed.